Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
How far is too far
08-17-2014, 06:07 PM,
How far is too far
Got your drift PW...Will only make one trip and my searching is over anyway, so I don't mind revealing all, except for the chest's exact hiding spot...In deference to Mr. Fenn and his secret place I will keep that my secret as well if I'm right...If that tidbit is released I fear total destruction by nosy, thoughtless individuals stomping around wanting a look-see...When I divulge the method I used to determine the search location, the site will be apparent to most everyone anyway...There is more I will never reveal in finding where to go once there...In other words, I will never reveal my last clue...If someone figures that out on their own, I can only hope they have sense enough to show some respect to Mr. Fenn and his secret place... 8-)

It is my intention to walk to it, pick it up and leave quietly; probably never to return, just like Mr. Fenn...My "benefactor" knows the risk, he's only in it for the dough anyway, wants nothing more from it and would rather remain silently in the background, but he does want to go just to see it...He is willing to risk the funds necessary for the rate of high return he's looking at based solely on my confidence level and what I explained to him...Enough of the Mav in him to go for it...That's all I really need...Whether or not we're friends afterwards is up to him I guess...Not worried there however... 8-)

Bravery not required, bravado in huge supply, just another Mav seeking adventure...LOL... Big Grin
08-17-2014, 06:35 PM,
How far is too far
Good luck to you ss!! ........stay off the trails. :-)

I hope I don't see you.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-18-2014, 06:09 PM,
How far is too far
Why PW? Will you be packin' a piece and huntin' strays?...LOL... Smile
08-18-2014, 06:55 PM,
How far is too far
I meant, I hope I don't see you. 8O

:-)

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-18-2014, 07:22 PM,
How far is too far
To be honest PW, I hope no one sees me and I see no one else... Smile
08-19-2014, 12:45 PM,
How far is too far
Is your "benefactor" going to be angry if you don't find it?
08-19-2014, 05:14 PM,
How far is too far
Can't predict that...He'll have to live with it if I don't...Didn't twist his arm, he suggested it...He wants to go that badly himself...He wanted in the first time he heard me talk about it... Smile
08-19-2014, 10:56 PM,
How far is too far
Well good luck to you ! Smile
Shhh they aren't listening.
08-25-2015, 08:49 AM,
Detective Fiction
Ingenuity is required in detective journalism leading article, whether it is screenwriting, narrative fiction, or bluff story writing. Detective writing portrays the events of a wrong, (chiefly a destroy) and its succeeding quest in a personality that conceals the mafioso's indistinguishability from the reader until the expiration of the http://zero2050.org/index.php?option=com...r&id=67038 book, when the method and malefactor are at long last revealed. Detective stories participate in been around due to the fact that generations. Various conventions and standards were formed during the beginning twentieth century. Some of the norms were put together by Ronald Knox. One of the conventions was not to use "ultramundane powers" in resolving a mystery. The lawlessness had to be established, many clues & circumstances carefully premeditated and then the detective scribe would chronicle the supplement of progress for unraveling the mystery. The narration of the chronicle was such that it would seize the creativity of the reader who turned send for after page to find out who the hoodlum was or why and how the crime was committed. Most detective authors take the part a http://www.breakthrews.com/index.php?opt...&id=162067 crime being solved either by means of professional detectives or by a ace amateur. The cases are chiefly solved by painstaking, alert investigation and valid deductive reasoning. In an inverted detective gag, the commission of the crime, and usually also the individuality of the perpetrator, is described at the beginning. The surplus of the confabulation then describes the successive investigation. Instead, the "stymie" presented to the reader is discovering the clues and evidence that the perpetrator formerly larboard behind. The aureate lifetime of detective penmanship began with high lineage non-professional detectives sniffing in sight culprits hiding behind trees, woods, in rose gardens or auspices of peculiar villages. Individual of the non-professional sub-genre of detective novel became "whodoneit" - knee-high to a grasshopper to http://www.bargainhotels.com.au/index.ph...r&id=25117 "who done it." Often an framer would create a detective who would intelligently answer the puzzle. The same detective would be familiar in contrasting stories.
09-05-2015, 01:45 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-05-2015, 02:19 PM by chrisclark1231.)
RE: How far is too far
Ok let us start with FF book To Far to Walk. In the prologue he states he went on a three day fishing trip in the Madison River in Yellowstone. He stated he walked 10 river miles and exited at Bakers Hole Campgrounds. I took the time to backtrack 10 river miles from Bakers Hole and wound up at the bridge that crosses the Madison in Yellowstone Park. He stated at the end of the story in the prologue that it is now, for him, To Far To Walk. Just as he stated in the poem, "not far, but to far to walk" Let us assume for a moment that he is telling us with the prologue that it is in Yellowstone. If so then where is the home of Brown and where the warm waters halt. From the bridge where he started his fishing walk it is very close to Madison Junction where the Firehole river merges with the Madison. The Firehole is constantly being warmed by multiple sources ( hence the plural "waters") of hot water bubbling up from underground. Once it merges with the Madison it cools. Now in between the the bridge and Madison Junction there are many pull offs. Some of them have signs telling visitors about trees, the fires, and one is specifically about Brown Trout. The home of Brown. Now lets jump to another statement in the poem. 2 actually. " Put in below the home of Brown" and "it will be worth he cold". If I am searching Yellowstone in August let us say, why would I be cold? Because FF doesnt mean "put in" a boat. He means put YOU in. That water is cold. I know I fell in it. So then the next question is do you walk up river, down river or across the river.... with 20 POUNDS OF GOLD? I wouldn't be walking up or down with 20 pounds of gold. Some of that water is deep and fast. Hence I would walk across. Now to some this may not be making much sense. Arent we supposed to follow the poem to it's end of the 10 river miles? to Bakers Hole? He did say "There’ll be no paddle up your creek,". Why? Because you don't need a boat. And "Just heavy loads and water high." a twenty pound load of gold and as I said the water is deep in spots. Then all of a sudden the trip just seems to stop in the poem. I always wondered about that. He just goes straight to the Blaze. From "Put in below the home of Brown" to "If you’ve been wise and found the blaze" We can't be expected to go upstream or down stream with twenty pounds of gold. We already talked about that. Then we have the statement "The end is ever drawing nigh;" coupled with everything else in that stanza at first read it sounds like your going up stream right. "The end is ever drawing nigh;" means your getting close, that's all that means. He has everyone seeing a rafting trip through rough "waters high" when in reality you are crossing a river with deep spots with a load of 40 pounds. You know FF never did say that the treasure was at the END of a boat trip. He did however say he got out of his car took two trips walking, one with the treasure and one with the box and it took all afternoon. He stated it's not on top of a mountain but might be close to the top. He stated it's somewhere an 80 year old and a child could go safely and "put in" cross the river below the home of Brown. Now.... where is the Blaze????? I believe I know but I am not telling. FF did say WHAT the Blaze is though.