Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Eldorados Gold
05-15-2014, 05:52 PM,
Eldorados Gold

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from samsmith on May 15, 2014, 5:48 am</b>

...And he has known of this place for a long time... Smile
</div>

And I have the Historical Record from a 2000 preservation application that describes its function, and its similarity to the clues left, and the fact they seem almost handpicked from that document itself....its real compelling to me. Enough to get up and go.

seems me and FF have the same fact finding abilities online......as he probably told the architect the location, then the architect used some of the historical info to craft clues for the poem....

heavy loads (old loading docks and wood frames for ramps)......the blaze......in the wood (charred ashes of the blaze)....tarry scant (black colored soot and hard to see)

sounding more logical and linear, like an architect?.....almost fill in the blank to me

but then he says its not associated with any structure......so then it throws me off....so thats really why im hesitant at all at this point.....

the document described that the structures were used with wooden posts and loading docks erected there, and that the area still features the wooden posts.....

so im thinking that it might be stashed under these frames somewhere behind one of the structures.....which are brown sandstone BTW

house of Brown(stone)....an architect's clues?

05-16-2014, 04:03 AM,
Eldorados Gold

<b>Quote from Eldorado on May 15, 2014, 6:40 pm</b>

Thanks for the guidance ....LOL

back@sam....

We can just say Im going there anyways, to search the area, surrounding the structure described in this phrase......put in below the house of Brown.....

corroborated by the phrase.....if you've been wise and found the blaze

and I am aware of the treasure's location not being associated with any structure, which is a neatly crafted clue in its own denial, as it is symbolic of a blaze on a map, and the area also features numerous other corroborating clues.....

such as the statement that ".....it can easily be scorched by fire"

explain that would you
</div>

It goes with the statement Mr. Fenn made to Dal about the box being surrounded by trees...it's in the wood if you will... Smile

And there is a reason he said "home of Brown" and not "house"...one is a structure only, the other has a different connotation which is important... Smile

The blaze won't be found on any map either, it's in the poem... Smile

Can't expound on these, you would have what I have then...Just sayin', be careful of literal interpretation of words in the poem...Few are what they seem to be...Mr. Fenn is craftier than many realize and he did a masterful job of camouflaging his secret...It is well hidden... Smile
05-16-2014, 04:12 AM,
Eldorados Gold

<b>Quote from Eldorado on May 15, 2014, 6:52 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from samsmith on May 15, 2014, 5:48 am</b>

...And he has known of this place for a long time... Smile
</div>

And I have the Historical Record from a 2000 preservation application that describes its function, and its similarity to the clues left, and the fact they seem almost handpicked from that document itself....its real compelling to me. Enough to get up and go.

seems me and FF have the same fact finding abilities online......as he probably told the architect the location, then the architect used some of the historical info to craft clues for the poem....

heavy loads (old loading docks and wood frames for ramps)......the blaze......in the wood (charred ashes of the blaze)....tarry scant (black colored soot and hard to see)

sounding more logical and linear, like an architect?.....almost fill in the blank to me

but then he says its not associated with any structure......so then it throws me off....so thats really why im hesitant at all at this point.....

the document described that the structures were used with wooden posts and loading docks erected there, and that the area still features the wooden posts.....

so im thinking that it might be stashed under these frames somewhere behind one of the structures.....which are brown sandstone BTW

house of Brown(stone)....an architect's clues?

</div>
</div>

Think of Mr. Fenn as the architect(not an outsider)...He had fifteen years to construct this poem...He built well with walls of words... Smile

Search all the documents you want and turn over all the stones you can find, but if you find his secret..."your quest to cease"... Smile
05-16-2014, 04:04 PM,
Eldorados Gold
same goes to you sam......take your own medicine.......

sometimes advise is best kept to yourself

$$$ hint hint hint $$$

anyways....why im not throwing a ton of pics up of my location is that there is a small forest surrounding this area, the blaze, and only in this area, perhaps 500' on each side......

so thanks for reaffirming that it might be NEAR the area I have chosen........and thanks again cause I had never heard that "It goes with the statement Mr. Fenn made to Dal about the box being surrounded by trees"

Im letting everyone know this is "get psyched-up" part of my chase for the treasure, and the time I state my reasons for going the direction I have....before I go out my first time.

Just making the money and saving it slowly for a REAL adventure.......glad it will only involve renting a 4x4....LOL

nothing more.....so @sam, I meant to say home of Brown, and to your misinterpretation of what I meant to say in a rush ( a gold rush) and to all the other 'negatizers', remember this post is about Eldorado's Gold.....!
05-16-2014, 04:11 PM,
Eldorados Gold
All the luck in the world to you there Eldorado...Hope you find more than disappointment... Smile
05-16-2014, 05:32 PM,
Eldorados Gold
Samsmith when are you going to check out this sure thing of yours?
05-16-2014, 06:50 PM,
Eldorados Gold

<b>Quote from Eldorado on May 16, 2014, 5:04 pm</b>

so thanks for reaffirming that it might be NEAR the area I have chosen........and thanks again cause I had never heard that "It goes with the statement Mr. Fenn made to Dal about the box being surrounded by trees"
</div>

That has been discussed at length in the past. I am of the opinion that it is just another of Fenn's non-clue clues. After all, every place on Earth is technically surrounded by trees, even if the nearest trees are 200 miles away, or more than 300 miles west of Toledo.

Pride goeth before a fall. Fenn said the finder of the treasure will move with confidence. He didn't say over-confidence. A lot of people have been crowing their over-confidence here this year, and have embarked, or claim they will soon embark, not on searches, but on recovery missions. The year is early yet, but the results are already starting to come in.

illinoisghost - Struck out

Plato II - Sruck out

Eldorado - Yet to be determined

Samsith - Yet to be determined

Old Timer- Yet to be determined

I have to say it is very entertaining to watch, kind of like watching NASCAR just to see the crashes. Pass the popcorn.

mdavis19

05-16-2014, 08:14 PM,
Eldorados Gold

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on May 16, 2014, 7:50 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Eldorado on May 16, 2014, 5:04 pm</b>

</div>

That has been discussed at length in the past. I am of the opinion that it is just another of Fenn's non-clue clues. After all, every place on Earth is technically surrounded by trees, even if the nearest trees are 200 miles away, or more than 300 miles west of Toledo.

Pride goeth before a fall. Fenn said the finder of the treasure will move with confidence. He didn't say over-confidence. A lot of people have been crowing their over-confidence here this year, and have embarked, or claim they will soon embark, not on searches, but on recovery missions. The year is early yet, but the results are already starting to come in.

illinoisghost - Struck out

Plato II - Sruck out

Eldorado - Yet to be determined

Samsith - Yet to be determined

Old Timer- Yet to be determined

I have to say it is very entertaining to watch, kind of like watching NASCAR just to see the crashes. Pass the popcorn.

mdavis19</div>
</div>

Pass me some popcorn too! There has been 100% failure in the past and I foresee a whole lot more failure to come; at best there will be one person who pulls this off if (and that is a big if) someone is able to crack the poem. It is quite entertaining to watch how so many think they are something special and carry on crowing how brilliant they are at solving the poem... and then the humility comes of that failed search and most never return to tell their tale of failure and disappointment. Keep that popcorn popper popping, those who fail are always quickly replaced by the next round of egotistical know-it-alls who are going to find it on their first trip out!
05-16-2014, 08:28 PM,
Eldorados Gold
Could be either. Could be a hint or non-clue.

-- Surrounded by trees, can be scorched, exposed to the elements. Second hand information. I mean, it's sketchy enough interpreting what ff says himself and then trying to use that to figure out the clues. And for me, I have only used just a few things he's said. The rest is just taken with a grain of salt. The man likes to talk, but when he does, it's either guarded and vague or straight to the point. He knows what will help us and what won't. I'll keep listening though and looking for confirmations. :-) I feel that I have been in some good areas and have a good understanding, but I'm missing something/have missed something. And that's all it takes. You make a mistake and you have to go back and reevaluate things. And you also have to know when to move on. That's one of the hardest things about something like this. -- Knowing when to let it go and starting over and going back to the drawing board. But if something does click regarding a past search, you will know it from being there. Nothing ever has to be wasted.

It's been 2yrs. so far and I'm still working on it. :-)

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
05-16-2014, 08:59 PM,
Eldorados Gold
@mdavis...jcm...I haven't struck out yet ,it's only strike one. I have a lease two more strikes and maybe a few foul balls. Just because I didn't get it on my last trip doesn't mean it isn't there. I do have a handicap, I am color blind,(red,green and brown)that doesn't help in the quest to find the chest. Next time I will take my two grandsons to help with the search, they see much better than I.

I don't see a pic with either of you with the chest so don't speak to soon my friends. LOL ....until later....Adios!