Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a damn
05-16-2014, 10:42 PM,
Not a damn
Found this on Dal's site today.

MAY 2014

Many searchers have thought that warm waters halt at a dam because water being released through flues near the bottom of the dam is much colder than water on the surface of the lake. I have discussed around that subject with several people in the last few days and am concerned that not all searchers are aware of what has been said. So to level the playing field to give everyone an equal chance I will say now that WWWH is not related to any dam. ff
05-16-2014, 10:43 PM,
Not a damn
The title was a play on words for all those who thought WWWH was a dam.

05-16-2014, 11:18 PM,
Not a damn
Now we have to define what a dam is. Is a natural dam formed by a retreating glacier now not in play?
05-17-2014, 01:44 AM,
Not a damn
I think it needs to be viewed in the context of what is written. But that being said, he is ruling out all dams(man made at least), but does that mean there is no "structure" association in anything in the poem or "structures" of any sort in the location of any or all of the 9 clues? Is that what he is trying to tell us in addition to not having anything to do with a dam? Because eliminating ALL structures associated with any part of the poem, not just where the chest is located, would really narrow it down even more. It's just hard to know exactly what he TRULY means or what he might have overlooked where he hid it that we see or know about that becomes questionable. But I guess we have more dam logic than we did before. :-)

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
05-17-2014, 02:41 AM,
Not a damn
Man!...I truly love "Fennspeak"!...It's what he doesn't say that I find important... Smile
05-17-2014, 08:05 AM,
Not a damn
The question is the WWWH a manmade or natural feature.

http://water.usgs.gov/edu/watercycle.html

Something that will last the test of time.

Where oh where is my AQUIFER

http://water.usgs.gov/ogw/aquiferbasics/...tical.html

05-17-2014, 08:43 AM,
Not a damn

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from samsmith on May 17, 2014, 3:41 am</b>

Man!...I truly love "Fennspeak"!...It's what he doesn't say that I find important... Smile
</div>

Ya gotta love it...lol
05-17-2014, 08:50 AM,
Not a damn
Don'cha though!...Sure is a crafty old dodger... Smile

EDIT: Wonder if the folks attending Fennboree have heard the latest? Man will there be some campfire talk tonight if they have... Smile
05-17-2014, 09:43 AM,
Not a damn
Wonder if Fenn made a surprise visit to say Hey...and this is how this started!!! Just a thought.
05-17-2014, 01:09 PM,
Not a damn
I stopped using dams in my search a long time ago, but it wasn't until after many searches and much research and thought. For someone who doesn't care when it is found, he sure likes to throw stuff out there. Now, those who just BEGIN, have that to disregard. That would have eliminated a lot of places for me over the last 2yrs. Thanks ff. But I guess we should be glad for Idaho and Utah. :-) Church Lady -- "Now isn't that special." It's all good though. It's just interesting. I'll take whatever he wants to give at any time. Keep it coming!! He probably thinks none of it matters anyway and the chest will remain safe. Only he knows what will really help us or not.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield