Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Not a damn
05-19-2014, 08:21 PM,
Not a damn
Roger dodger
05-20-2014, 04:25 AM,
Not a damn

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from scott W on May 16, 2014, 11:42 pm</b>

Found this on Dal's site today.

MAY 2014

Many searchers have thought that warm waters halt at a dam because water being released through flues near the bottom of the dam is much colder than water on the surface of the lake. I have discussed around that subject with several people in the last few days and am concerned that not all searchers are aware of what has been said. So to level the playing field to give everyone an equal chance I will say now that WWWH is not related to any dam. ff
</div>

Forrest had expressed concern / dismay / surprise some time ago, that given all the discussion (on the internet, etc) surrounding his puzzle, that WWWH was not really begin addressed to any degree.

Retired Postmaster - do you take Forrest's comment, to say that the treasure could not be near a dam, or just that WWWH is not referring to a dam ? ( I interpret as the latter ).

astree

05-20-2014, 07:01 AM,
Not a damn
Good morning astree - It is only my interpretation, but I believe Forrest's earlier comment that the treasure is not associated with any structure meant that the treasure itself would not be found around a structure, such as the outhouse he mentioned, at a bridge, dam, building, etc. There is nothing to say it could not be within sight of a dam, etc. just as Forrest mentioned it is not in a tree, but is surrounded by trees for an unknown distance around it.

Regarding the new comment about WWWH, I believe that if someone has chosen a particular "dam" as their WWWH, then he is saying it is not the correct place to start.
05-20-2014, 07:39 AM,
Not a damn

Thanks much for your response, RP.

You have a trip scheduled in the next month or so, if I recall ?

astree

05-20-2014, 04:47 PM,
Not a damn
what may be present in or around the quest path, and what Forrest has in mind when he says WWH in the poem, may be 2 different things
05-20-2014, 07:20 PM,
Not a damn
As I see it, I have two choices (many more possibly). F. is using 1) words or letters intended to deceive or trick us or 2) take his words as they are and proceed from there. Item 2) Maybe some words might create a new word. For instance a "Canyon down" might = another name for canyons that are on a mountain side. Like: ravine valley gully crevice. The words are accurate and lead to the actual hint. This where I start for now, literal and hints.
uken2it
05-20-2014, 07:37 PM,
Not a damn
From Butch"Also, what's with the word "flues"? Fenn knows the terminology--why didn't he use "gates"

Might just be a simple misspelling. As Flue relates to gasses Flume relates to water.

But this leads us back to a dam which I am taking F. literally, and interpret "WWWH is not related to any dam" to mean just that - WWWH should not be interpreted using the word dam. How else can we understand WWWH?
uken2it
05-20-2014, 08:36 PM,
Not a damn
would Forrest make the intentional mistake of using Flue because of the idea of delivering hot air or blowing smoke

but if so, for what purpose? i dont think he would go so far as to make an unequivocal and yet untrue statement

05-20-2014, 08:53 PM,
Not a damn
Butch,

How can you apply the plural of water?

Water being plural could just be saying All waters. So what is water? a liquid. heated water is a gas. Frozen water is solid. the other difference of those is temperature, which changes the structure of water to those stages

The other plural of water may be, the elements themselves H2O. More... than one... a few, more than two but not many more.
05-21-2014, 04:35 AM,
Not a damn

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Chris Yates on May 20, 2014, 9:36 pm</b>

would Forrest make the intentional mistake of using Flue because of the idea of delivering hot air or blowing smoke

but if so, for what purpose? i dont think he would go so far as to make an unequivocal and yet untrue statement
</div>

FUEL / (fule?)

FLEW - is he hinting that he found the site during his flying days?

However, the final sentence of his statement can be taken separately, without reference to the FLUE.

Butch - a myriad of misty drops, cloud-like, that refract and reflect

astree

( edit in: I think Forrest's most recent statement may, in fact, be a bit misleading - not intentionally. Puzzlers may be able to use the material in the puzzle, in the ways he intended PLUS other ways, that he has not considered )