Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jenny Kile Questions with Forrest
05-23-2014, 08:50 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on June 17, 2014, 11:53 am</b>

I sometimes wonder if Forrest has either underestimated the requirements for solving his poem, or overestimated the ability of the average person to do so. Forrest is too close to the problem to be objective ...

...sort of specialized knowledge I was referring to.... It could take another expert in all those subjects to completely solve the poem. How many of us are such well-versed polymaths?
</div>

mdavis, I don't think you meant to say "ability of the average person to do so" ??? No specialized knowledge that I'm aware of.

<b>Quote from Halogetter on June 17, 2014, 12:07 pm</b>

Yes, I've mentioned several times that Forrest has only written a poem and hidden a treasure once and has no track record of performance, and that there's no way for him to be certain how challenging the poem is for others. ..

...But a poem that's just right (but just right for what period of time?), is a really difficult balance to achieve.

Halogetter
</div>

You make a very valid point(s). However, I believe Forrest has gerats insight into human psychology, too.
05-23-2014, 09:11 AM,

<b>Quote from admin on May 23, 2014, 9:50 am</b>

Special Questions with Fenn Segment:

Forrest Fenn continues to offer his time ...

Next time you might ask me how deep is a hole. f
</div>

Hasn't Forrest made this comment previously, re: "might as well ask how deep is a hole" ?

05-23-2014, 09:21 AM,
Yep a several times... more than one but not many. I know one was an answer to an e-mail...shown on dal's site. I believe another from the book signing which would be on the video. I also think, not sure I read it on here when folks were talking about how Fenn responded to their e-mails. is Interesting to know the answer to that!
05-23-2014, 09:38 AM,
I've wondered if it's Jackson Hole. He's spoken of presidents and Jackson was one....there's also a spring near there that has very interesting name. It's not in that town, but nearby.
05-23-2014, 10:01 AM,
I take it two ways. one being that he doesn't know the answer to what question was presented to him, but because one is expecting and answer, he give it.

or

He doesn't want to answer it directly, hence... you might have well just ask me how do a hole is.
05-23-2014, 08:31 PM,
The statement was made in the Moby Dickens video: Mr. Fenn was asked if he thought the chest would be found in 10 years or 100 years or longer...He responded, "Why don't you ask me how deep is a hole?"...he then went on to explain it means it's unpredictable... Smile
05-23-2014, 08:38 PM,
<b>HOW DEEP IS THE HOLE?</b>

"How deep is the hole," said the polliwogs to the frog.

"I don't know, let me climb up on that log," said the frog.

"You are so brave," gurgled the toad in the mud.

But then all went silent and no one could budge.

It was too cold to know what do do so they kept still trying not to catch the flu.

One month went by and the polliwogs were now frogs.

"How deep is the hole," said the younger frogs to the older frog.

"It's deeper than you should go with your little legs," said the older frog.

"You are so smart," gurgled the toad in the mud.

"Well I've been there is spring and summertime too, it's brisk moving water and you might catch the flu." said the older frog.

One month went by and the younger frogs grew impatient.

"How deep is the hole," said the younger frogs once more.

"It's time to dive deep and try to keep score." said the older frog.

"What does score mean, do you mean a game?" said the younger frogs.

"Indeed its one winner take all, a true test of strength." gurgled the toad in the mud.

"Yes, and the winner gets to take my place on the log." said the older frog.

So they all jump in without hearing the rules and swam really deep like eager little fools.

The hole went quiet again for one year until little new tadpoles the frog did hear.

"How deep is the hole," said the polliwogs to the frog.

"I don't know, let me climb up on that log," said the frog.

And so the cycle of life went on and on, with just one brave frog left on the log.

- by 23 kachinas
05-27-2014, 10:37 AM,
Questions with Jenny Kile

Tuesday's Treasure this week includes a Question for Fenn:

The following question comes from Shaun....

Forrest,

When creating the hunt, was there any serendipity involved? Did you find that things just clicked together somehow?

Shaun

Shaun,

Serendipity: An aptitude for making desirable discoveries by accident.

The word carries several connotations Shaun, and I don’t think it works for me in the context you mentioned. Playing a hunch is nearly always fraught with disappointment, especially if the stakes are high. A searcher who guesses through life is destined to carry a thin wallet.f
05-28-2014, 11:05 AM,
Another question posted in Questions with Fenn:

Question from 'Scout Around':

Is the Blaze one single object?

Fenn's reply:

"In a word – Yes

I have received a few hundred emails from searchers who are sure they know what the blaze is. Ideas range from a mark on a tree, a rock, a sign, a fire, the side of a bluff, a waterfall, a spot on the head of a horse, a rainbow, and even a live owl that flew away when it was approached.

As a side note: with summer on the close horizon, searchers should review the rules about being safe in the mountains. f"

Plus, I recently did a Six Questions which includes an absolute inspirational story for seekers of any treasure!

http://mysteriouswritings.com/six-questi...nuscripts/
05-28-2014, 12:17 PM,
( In a word, yes ) mine are none of them. Wink

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Friday Fenn Favorite By Jenny Kile admin 97 8,199 05-05-2014, 08:00 PM
Last Post: John Brown
  Forrest answers 5 questions admin 1 624 07-10-2013, 05:25 PM
Last Post: jdh