Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Article about arrests in Yellowstone
05-28-2014, 02:42 PM,
http://www.jhnewsandguide.com/news/cops_...254ea.html
05-28-2014, 05:01 PM,
I believe the rangers acted appropriately there

They clearly endangered their own lives and that of their rescuers and were rightfully banned from the park for their own good

Im sure the vast majority of searchers wont be that foolish or reckless

Obviosuly it would be tragic if more searchers were discriminated against because of the unwise action of a few

I remember watching a funny tv series called "America's Dumbest Criminals" many years ago - maybe we should have one for "America's Dumbest Searchers"!
05-28-2014, 05:11 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Jimbo on May 28, 2014, 6:01 pm</b>

I remember watching a funny tv series called "America's Dumbest Criminals" many years ago - maybe we should have one for "America's Dumbest Searchers"!
</div>

Don't think there'd be any shortage of "stars."
05-28-2014, 07:31 PM,
Yes unfortunately a few ruin it for the rest. But if it wasn't for them I would be out of a job... as we have been thwarting Darwinism for 50 years in Search and Rescue.
05-28-2014, 09:06 PM,
Ok I know I am in the minority but I really dont believe its in Yellowstone. Just an opinion.

Those two deserved to be arrested. Forrest never said you needed a shovel or a metal detector to find the treasure. Smile
Shhh they aren't listening.
05-28-2014, 09:26 PM,
Well of course he didn't, that would be too big a clue. :-)

Why would he?

And if it was and he had, this probably would have been over a long time ago.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
05-28-2014, 09:28 PM,
Unfortunately those folks had only one Agneta, to do what ever it took to find the chest. Except finalize the poem. Greed over took common sense. No respect for the area they were in. If I read the story correctly, it stated that the two did the same thing during the winter months and needed rescuing. Then come back with others and do the same exact thing. Even cattle learn by repetition. I can give anyone a second chance if the correct their wrongs. But never a third. Just sad... that there are still people who truly don't have care/respect for anyone or anything but, their selfish selves.
05-28-2014, 10:21 PM,
None of it surprises me. People do all kinds of crazy sh**!! And they WILL continue to. It takes all kinds. And unfortunately, since the beginning of man, there have been and will continue to be those that don't use common sense or LOGIC. And everyone else will suffer for it one way or another in the end. I just don't think he anticipated how big this would get. .....What do you do? Nothing to do. Just do what you already do and be who you are. You can't change people. :-) But there are a lot of good ones out there too and we know that and he knows that, regardless of whether "they" know that. Hopefully though, the few don't ruin it for the rest. Now, if he wants to say it's not in YNP, then, well, I won't argue with him. :-) Not that I ever thought it was there.

“If you are searching for my treasure please stay safe, take adequate supplies and a GPS,” the note reads. “The chest is not in a dangerous place. Keep your children close in the mountains and search at your own risk. Good luck in the chase.”

"A child could walk up to it and pick it up"; “Show it to your kids. They’ll get it."; “Whoever finds the treasure will mostly earn it with their imagination."

"Don’t go where an eighty year old man couldn’t go." - etc. etc. etc.

-- One must use LOGIC.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
05-28-2014, 11:10 PM,
There are many of us who have been out searching more times than we can keep track of and ALWAYS take care of and respect the land and any laws that may apply and those around us and those that come after us. But we've been doing that are whole lives. Not just treasure hunting. That's just who we are. And if there is/was someone that ever needed corrected, then we do that to, just like when someone had to turn us around. We can't always turn a deaf ear to ignorance. And some people never learn. But hopefully, other people will learn from this. ........Probably not.

05-30-2014, 07:30 AM,
ONE BAD APPLE SPOILS THE WHOLE BUNCH...