Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charmay and me
05-31-2014, 08:41 AM,
Charmay and me

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
On another note...what's the technique that Dal has? I missed that conversation, but I'm not sure if it's something Forrest told him or he made up...says it's in one of the books. -Stephanie
</div>

page 218 - TFTW is the diagram of the technique I believe Dal is referring. There was a buried pottery jar with a flagstone lid inside it was a rectangular painted bowl. This story was a condensed version of <i>The secretes of San Lazaro Pueblo.</i>

05-31-2014, 09:04 AM,
Charmay and me
Of course there is another not so obvious technique that he hinted about that is more likely the technique used but Dal doesn't believe in the buried theory. I always wondered how he could bury it and yet we wouldn't need a metal detector to find it. These two techniques do explain that.

The Wolf
05-31-2014, 09:19 AM,
Charmay and me
I thought last fall Forrest said a metal detector would be useful.

But then lots of info floats into my head out of nowhere, and becomes fact LOL
05-31-2014, 09:28 AM,
Charmay and me
@Boomergirl - he was asked if a metal detector would help and he said if you were in exactly the right spot. So naturally if it was buried a metal detector will work, but I now believe that the metal detector will not be required if one follows the clues precisely to the exact spot. It makes for a better puzzle that way but if you can't quite figure it out to precisely one square inch then use all means available.

The Wolf
05-31-2014, 02:11 PM,
Charmay and me
I agree Wolf.

I think if one finds the Blaze or where it points to, the exact spot where the chest is located, buried or not, before they see it, you should have enough confidence in yourself and in him, as was stated in the inside cover of the dust jacket of TTOTC and other statements, to find it regardless. But I'll use whatever helps me find it with less difficulty. :-) To each there own.

One things for sure though, if it's buried more than around 20", either one will need a deep penetrating detector like JB's TM 808, or it could even be more shallow, but covered with rocks or a flat stone and it would reduce the sensitivity. So unless you have something like that, it may not make a difference and you WILL just have to have faith in your solve and go for it. ........if you believe in THAT theory. Of course there are many ideas on how it's hidden. I'll keep an open mind to ALL of them.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
05-31-2014, 02:40 PM,
Charmay and me
He's never going to say/confirm whether it's buried or not though, because depending on where it's at, it would probably be too big a clue or could end the chase.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
06-01-2014, 07:56 AM,
Charmay and me
PW - true, then maybe it is best to say he "hid" under some dirt! ha
06-04-2014, 04:59 PM,
Charmay and me

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Project Why on May 31, 2014, 3:11 pm</b>

it could even be more shallow, but covered with rocks or a flat stone and it would reduce the sensitivity.
</div>

NOT TRUE!

The sensitivity from rocks or a flat stone is no more than if covered with the same thickness of dirt. Unless the stone or rocks have a very high mineralization content. In that case the detector would sing at the rocks (if not used in discrimination mode and that mode is set real high). Then the smart detectorist would remove the rocks and check underneath. If the chest is below, the detector will sing again and the chest will be found. That's the beauty of modern detectors, sensitivity is not affected by rocks. It is affected by mineralization. High mineralization equals signal. If you can remove the mineralization (i.e. rocks) check for signal again. Signal again requires digging to find the cause (target). Dig all targets! If the detector will detect a nugget at 3 feet in dirt, it will detect the same nugget at 3 feet of rock. Nuff Said.
06-04-2014, 09:45 PM,
Charmay and me
Yeah, your right, the matrix shouldn't matter too much except if it's highly mineralized. I should have said penetration depth instead of sensitivity. I guess I was trying to make a distinction between earth/dirt and the thickness of something else on top of that affecting the penetration depth. But really, no need to do that I guess, it doesn't matter. Do whatever you need to do to get more depth, especially if you think something is there. Like you said, remove responses/mineralization/hot rocks or obstructions and try again until you find the signal or what you think might be there in this case. And yes, dig ALL targets.

Hell, I didn't know anyone was listening. :-)

06-04-2014, 09:57 PM,
Charmay and me