Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Charmay and me
06-04-2014, 10:29 PM,
Charmay and me
You'd know Jason. :-) Just kiddin!! I guess id better slow down on the Port wine.

Should I delete it?

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
06-04-2014, 11:07 PM,
Charmay and me
Ok!! Fire water it is, ........and blog drama, until college basketball starts again. :-)

For the only chest I've found is the one you made. But I'll keep looking.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
06-04-2014, 11:36 PM,
Charmay and me
Awesome. Makes me want to Join Captain Al Sider of the infamous Sourdough Saloon in Dawson City, Yukon Territory and have a Sour Toe Cocktail. :-)

06-05-2014, 12:03 AM,
Charmay and me
Oh crap!! My iPads at 5 percent. Major trouble on the Event Horizon. May have to call it a night. :-)

06-05-2014, 05:36 AM,
Charmay and me

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Jason on June 5, 2014, 12:19 am</b>

Well, now just wait a minute.......... this dialogue made me think that "Fire Water" might apply to a possible WWWH................

If warm waters = booze, then maybe Where Warm Waters Halt is at an alcohol rehab place...... maybe somewhere such as the Vista Taos Rehab place - http://www.vistataos.com/ - located at 259 Blueberry Hill Road

I just thought of that, so I don't know what the canyon down or home of Brown would be or any of the rest of it......... but hey, I wuv chasing wabbits down holes! (Elmer Fudd voice)
</div>

Hi Jason,

I had the "Fire Water" idea a long time ago. My angle was that some Indian Reservations are dry, and bringing in alcohol is forbidden (but of course it flows in pretty much unimpeded anyway). So if fire water = warm water, it halts at the edge of the reservation. I could never make it work. Too many reservations. Too many canyons. Too many Browns.

mdavis19
06-05-2014, 06:48 PM,
Charmay and me
Minelab 5k. Seen it find a 3 1/2 troy oz nug at 38 inches. It also detected a prince albert can at 36 inches with an 18 inch thick rock halfway down the hole. Both targets sounded the same. Yea, I hate trash heaps but a friend and I pulled close to 1/2 troy pound of nuggs in 2 months that other people passed up because of all the screaming trash signals that sent them looking elsewhere. I'd say digging all targets is working great for me. How many nugs you got under your belt? Brass chest, iron crap, nuggs, coins, hot & cold rocks, 45s... whatever. Just about all sound the same.... usually screamers. No detector can give you a true ID. That screamer the the meter ID'd as iron could very well be a nice nug. Discrimination will often pass up the deep good stuff as well. If you use discrimination or a meter on any detector, you're an idiot and/or a noob. I love to watch and follow noobs who get strong signals and don't dig em. Yea, 90% of what they don't dig is crap, but sometimes the other 10% makes the whole thing worth while.

If I were Fenn and I burried the chest (I don't think it is...) I would put all kinds of crap on top and in the hole... just for the lazy noobs.

I don't know where the cairns bit came from... but I don't build any. Kick all the cairns you wish. Hey, kick a few of the ones by the roadsides...

06-05-2014, 08:05 PM,
Charmay and me
Well, it sounds like you're doing pretty good. That minelab 5k is one I've always wanted. It's a good one. Not really on the same level as the basic detectors is it? I can't believe it penetrates that deep!!

I've found my share of great things. But it sounds like you've got the nuggets down. I was just mouthing off. :-) And then I realized I said sensitivity instead of penetration depth, which it doesn't really matter if you've got the right equipment, and best to just dig ALL targets, especially in this case, which I usually do and then sweep it again to check for another signal.

Peace.

06-06-2014, 12:29 AM,
Charmay and me
It's all good. What I was trying so poorly to say is that sensitivity or penetration/depth... both are similar... is not affected very much by rocks or dirt. It is affected by ground mineralization tho... mainly because you have to turn down the sensitivity... which reduces depth. If you have fairly clean and only moderately mineralized... you can tune a detector for great depth... especially for large targets. Ya gotta have a good machine and know how to tune it for your intended target and ground conditions. Garrett makes a very good, deep seeking, PI detector. Comes damn close to the Minelab. Beats it for small nugs. And goes almost as deep for the big ones. 1/3 the price too. Most detectors if tuned right will hit a target like Fenn's chest at 18 to 24 or more inches. If you have a coin/treasure detector, turn off discrimination, raise the sensitivity to the highest the ground will allow and keep your sweeps close. If the ground will let you, turn off auto ground balance and set to manual balance. You will fiddle with it more... but gain greater depth and detect smaller nugs... and much bigger nugs at greater depth. Coil size makes a big difference as well. Larger coils will go deeper but sensitivity for smaller desired targets is reduced but sensitivity to junk is reduced as well. They are great for large targets. Small coils will hit small targets but depth is lost and small junk is also detected.
10-04-2014, 11:35 PM,
Charmay and me
Does anyone think that TOO FAR to walk means a raft or boat is needed for this quest......

10-05-2014, 06:06 AM,
Charmay and me

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from glock20 on October 5, 2014, 12:35 am</b>

Does anyone think that TOO FAR to walk means a raft or boat is needed for this quest......
</div>

No. He had to return to his car after hiding it. Doesn't pass KISS test.