Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google E.C. Waters
06-05-2014, 04:16 PM,
Google E.C. Waters
I've posted a somewhat detailed proposal on Dal's blog. Here is some of it cut-and-pasted to here:

I’ve had one private response from Dal after sharing this info with him via email. Here’s my highest probable solution for wwwh. I have not seen it previously mentioned here or on any other blogs, but that just may be a limitation to my own search capability. My interpretations may be a little rough, but the starting point would seem to me to be clever enough to amuse Mr. Fenn. I have not looked, and I have no prospect of looking soon.

Here is my proposal…

- wwwh: E.C. Waters abandoned steamer on Stevenson Island, Yellowstone Lake

- canyon down: follow the hull into the water

- too far to walk: wade, and it’s really cold

- home of brown: rust growing on the iron prop assembly

- meek: be brave, it’s really cold… so cold that rangers had to rescue a couple of stranded grizzly cubs in 2005

- no paddle: it was a steamship

- heavy loads, water high: 500 passengers… yeah, did I mention it’s really cold water?

- blaze: rangers burned this eyesore in 1931 to discourage the tomfoolery that was occurring, look for charred wood in the water

- in the wood: lots of remnant wood around that spot

- worth the cold: speaks for itself

Sprinkled clues in the book:

- Opening chapter, "Important Literature", suggests Treasure Island, Robert Louis Stevenson, just as "Gold and More" suggests an island by reference of Gardiner Island and Captain Kidd.

- "… helicopter looking thing” could hint at a reference of the remnant prop assembly.

- While there is a clue of the treasure being "not associated with any structure", it could be reasonably argued these remnants are no longer a structure which can sustain a load, has become unusable but nonetheless is now an archaeological site of interest.

- Mentions of sliding down a rusted iron fire escape could hint at home of Brown being rust on iron.

- Two other references about diving for treasure also exist in the book. I wouldn’t suggest literal underwater diving in Yellowstone Lake as I can’t imagine Mr. Fenn doing this. But if I were able, I would examine in the water, perhaps under the hull remnants, likely close to any charred wood that can be located.

I used text mining techniques on the book to derive significant terms, coupled with "proximity clusters of map nodes plotted within a topological range" in searches with synonym combinations before getting to this point. I’m a math geek. I blogged a little about my search interests. I’ve examined literally hundreds of potential clusters, as I’ve read there are others who have probably visited just as many. This one, and only this one, got me excited. If it’s there, super, I can claim to be a deep-thinker. If not, apologies for wasting your time.

Best of luck and please stay out of trouble. I take no responsibility for your behavior.

Cheers,

Mike

06-05-2014, 06:16 PM,
Google E.C. Waters
Checked it out last year. Area is closed until Aug 15th due to nesting birds. Being that it is now on the web, I would consider going in the middle of the night if your going to go into a closed area. Just saying.
06-05-2014, 08:11 PM,
Google E.C. Waters
Jason, well done. I didn't find this on the blogs and my ability to search them seems proven to be inadequate. For me, the clever humor in this being the solution and as the starting point is perfect. Your offering may have passed without much activity, but has a seemingly high relevance rating related to Mr. Fenn's chapters. Best of luck and stay out of trouble.
06-06-2014, 09:16 AM,
Google E.C. Waters

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Jason on June 5, 2014, 9:28 pm</b>

EC,

Yeah, my post never really got traction........... but I guess that shouldn't be surprising since most folks skim over much of what I write!

</div>

Never underestimate the power of being invisible. When you find the trove everyone will be bashing their heads wishing they'd payed more attention to you. Just food for thought.
------------------------------
"Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here."
06-07-2014, 08:14 AM,
Google E.C. Waters

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from ecwaters on June 5, 2014, 5:16 pm</b>

I've posted a somewhat detailed proposal on Dal's blog. Here is some of it cut-and-pasted to here:

I’ve had one private response from Dal after sharing this info with him via email. Here’s my highest probable solution for wwwh. I have not seen it previously mentioned here or on any other blogs, but that just may be a limitation to my own search capability. My interpretations may be a little rough, but the starting point would seem to me to be clever enough to amuse Mr. Fenn. I have not looked, and I have no prospect of looking soon.

Here is my proposal…

- wwwh: E.C. Waters abandoned steamer on Stevenson Island, Yellowstone Lake

- canyon down: follow the hull into the water

- too far to walk: wade, and it’s really cold

- home of brown: rust growing on the iron prop assembly

- meek: be brave, it’s really cold… so cold that rangers had to rescue a couple of stranded grizzly cubs in 2005

- no paddle: it was a steamship

- heavy loads, water high: 500 passengers… yeah, did I mention it’s really cold water?

- blaze: rangers burned this eyesore in 1931 to discourage the tomfoolery that was occurring, look for charred wood in the water

- in the wood: lots of remnant wood around that spot

- worth the cold: speaks for itself

Sprinkled clues in the book:

- Opening chapter, "Important Literature", suggests Treasure Island, Robert Louis Stevenson, just as "Gold and More" suggests an island by reference of Gardiner Island and Captain Kidd.

- "… helicopter looking thing” could hint at a reference of the remnant prop assembly.

- While there is a clue of the treasure being "not associated with any structure", it could be reasonably argued these remnants are no longer a structure which can sustain a load, has become unusable but nonetheless is now an archaeological site of interest.

- Mentions of sliding down a rusted iron fire escape could hint at home of Brown being rust on iron.

- Two other references about diving for treasure also exist in the book. I wouldn’t suggest literal underwater diving in Yellowstone Lake as I can’t imagine Mr. Fenn doing this. But if I were able, I would examine in the water, perhaps under the hull remnants, likely close to any charred wood that can be located.

I used text mining techniques on the book to derive significant terms, coupled with "proximity clusters of map nodes plotted within a topological range" in searches with synonym combinations before getting to this point. I’m a math geek. I blogged a little about my search interests. I’ve examined literally hundreds of potential clusters, as I’ve read there are others who have probably visited just as many. This one, and only this one, got me excited. If it’s there, super, I can claim to be a deep-thinker. If not, apologies for wasting your time.

Best of luck and please stay out of trouble. I take no responsibility for your behavior.

Cheers,

Mike
</div>

How old are you, do you have climbing experience and or backwoods experience and what are your terms for working with someone to find the Treasure 50/50 split etc. I know where it is? Don't need to ask a lot of question. If you are serious I want to make a move on the box this Summer will take 3-4 days over a long weekend. e-mail me at: bhussey@yahoo.com we can start a discussion!!!!
06-07-2014, 08:18 AM,
Google E.C. Waters
How old are you, do you have climbing experience and or backwoods experience and what are your terms for working with someone to find the Treasure 50/50 split etc. I know where it is? Don't need to ask a lot of question. If you are serious I want to make a move on the box this Summer will take 3-4 days over a long weekend. e-mail me at: bhussey@yahoo.com we can start a discussion.
06-07-2014, 04:01 PM,
Google E.C. Waters
aquanaut, with apologies, I'm a bit confused. Are you addressing me specifically, or is your question to the general public?