Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
jump starting the learning curve
06-10-2014, 10:33 AM,
Things that stuck in my brain.

Thor

Mississippi

brown color

river
06-10-2014, 12:45 PM,

Thor

Mississippi

brown color

river
06-12-2014, 04:20 PM,
mentioning the Mississippi out of nowhere. alligator crossing the river and the color brown leads me to believe he is directing us to the Mississippi river (it has a brown color). Why? It is out of our search area so why allude to it? Who is famous for the Mississippi?

Mark Twain. This also ties into famous authors and important literature.

So that wasn't all that hard to figure out but what was really bothering me was Thor. Why is that in this chapter at all?

If indeed there are clues in this chapter (I believe there are because water is the placeholder for clues ~ raining when he went to Borders)

what does Thor have to do with Mark Twain?

Henry David THOReau - another famous author

https://suite.io/richard-fleck/31j724j

So that's how I got 2 famous authors from this chapter. Hope it helps someone!!

06-13-2014, 12:20 PM,
yes or findthechest @ hushmail . com

either one is fine
06-13-2014, 02:33 PM,
I understand the border (at least I think I do) and that plays into a solve I have of a certain clue.

Email and we can talk if you'd like.
07-12-2014, 09:27 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdc777 on June 10, 2014, 1:45 pm</b>

Thor

Mississippi

brown color

river
</div>

connection with Thor - Marvel comics. A post on Dal's site recently indicated he loved Sub-mariner and Captain America.

In the Poem we have "...found the blaze" and "... marvel gaze". Johnny Blaze is a Marvel Character.

So we have Thor, Johnny blaze, Sub-Mariner, and Captain America all directly or indirectly referenced by Fenn. All Marvel characters.

Now, if we extend the comic (funnies) theme beyond Marvel to include DC comics, we can also deduce Krypton from the Poem. Krypton is one down from <b>Br</b>omine in the periodic table. Krypton = Superman.

scott W

07-13-2014, 07:02 AM,
Krypton is actually to the right of Bromine on the periodic table, not down from it. The element below Bromine is Iodine.

mdavis19
07-13-2014, 02:54 PM,
I can't find a good comic book tie in for my search so I'm hoping that this is nothing but a red herring.
07-13-2014, 05:31 PM,

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on July 13, 2014, 8:02 am</b>

Krypton is actually to the right of Bromine on the periodic table, not down from it. The element below Bromine is Iodine.

mdavis19
</div>

I agree. However, since we read left to right, top to bottom I would say Krypton is down/below Bromine. My opinion of course. I have struggled with after/before, below/above, down/up. I applied our reading pattern to this clue.

With that said, I only threw this into the mix for a tie in with the comics angle.

Take it for what you will. Just trying to shed light on the poem from different perspectives.

So in this case we have Fenn directly referencing Thor, Sub-Mariner, and Captain America. All Marvel comic characters. I stretched the imagination a little and tied in Superman (DC Comics) assuming <b>Br</b>own = <b>Br</b>omine yielding Krypton since it is one element down.

On an unrelated note, I noticed that the element number or Bromine combined with its atomic weight, gives a very precise line across the map.

I have two more "lines" for Brown if anyone would like to hear them. I guess that should be posted on the "home of Brown" thread though.

scott W

07-14-2014, 05:19 AM,

<b>Quote from scott W on July 13, 2014, 6:31 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on July 13, 2014, 8:02 am</b>

mdavis19
</div>

I agree. However, since we read left to right, top to bottom I would say Krypton is down/below Bromine. My opinion of course. I have struggled with after/before, below/above, down/up. I applied our reading pattern to this clue.

With that said, I only threw this into the mix for a tie in with the comics angle.

Take it for what you will. Just trying to shed light on the poem from different perspectives.

So in this case we have Fenn directly referencing Thor, Sub-Mariner, and Captain America. All Marvel comic characters. I stretched the imagination a little and tied in Superman (DC Comics) assuming <b>Br</b>own = <b>Br</b>omine yielding Krypton since it is one element down.

On an unrelated note, I noticed that the element number or Bromine combined with its atomic weight, gives a very precise line across the map.

I have two more "lines" for Brown if anyone would like to hear them. I guess that should be posted on the "home of Brown" thread though.

scott W</div>
</div>

I was just thinking "below the home of Brown" would mean vertically down on the periodic table. That leads from Bromine to Iodine. Now to keep your comic book theme going, Poison Ivy is a DC Comics villain, and what is one of the things people treat poison ivy with?

Sure, I'd love to hear some more of your Brown ideas. Bromine is the most original one I have heard in a long time, aside from my own of course. Big Grin

mdavis19