Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrests Moms account of what Forrest calls "the night the mountain fell"
06-12-2014, 01:42 PM,
I've always felt that it was notable that Marvin went "down into the canyon" with the Denver Post reporter. And Forrest was 29 years old and off in....

Very tragic event that many have explored as the area.

Halogetter
06-12-2014, 02:21 PM,
I've always felt that it was notable that Marvin went "down into the canyon" with the Denver Post reporter. And Forrest was 29 years old and off in....

Very tragic event that many have explored as the area.

Halogetter
08-17-2015, 07:18 PM,
RE: Forrests Moms account of what Forrest calls "the night the mountain fell"
I wonder why there are crickets in the background chirping on this one?? No more comments...
09-11-2015, 08:40 PM,
I explored here for weeks... I want to say almost the entire canyon each side but it would take me years of living there everyday to get to every cliff, rock, etc. And still couldn't look under every bush, tree, log, rock, etc. etc.
09-12-2015, 09:36 PM,
This area was my second thought experiment and the first one that I felt fit the poem really well. Couldn't match up a "marvel gaze" tho'. I never went in person because after looking at time-varied images on Google maps; I could see all the new trails that were made, ostensibly by searchers. I still have some ideas about this area and may visit it sometime. I feel my current target is a better fit.
-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes
09-16-2015, 10:26 AM,
A lot searchers think Cabin Creek... is the hot spot.
02-24-2016, 12:55 PM,
The water stopped flowing, every other clue can be reasoned to be right there in that place. And just let me count the subtle clues.
02-24-2016, 06:23 PM,
link?
03-04-2016, 12:15 PM,
One of the theories I've had in the past was that the chest is somewhere under Earthquake lake. There are a lot of reasons, but the section of the Madison that's now the lake was some of the best trout fishing in the world before the earthquake happened. Also, in light of Fenn's comments about it taking hundreds or thousands of years to find the chest: The "Natural Dam" that impounds quake lake is slowly eroding and the water level is slowly dropping. At some point in the future, the "dam" will be gone, and the Madison will live again. Last, but not least: Fenn's nephew Crayton builds underwater ROVs and side-scan sonar systems. It would also explain how searchers have been within 200 feet of the treasure.

That said, there's many, many other clues, hints, and statements that point away from this theory, but heck, who knows. I've always had a feeling that time has something to do with the hunt, most recently, Fenn's comment that people aren't looking *AT* the right spot (vs. "in"), and I think of "I'll be there *AT* five PM".
03-04-2016, 09:34 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016, 10:16 PM by musstag.)
the quake covered Rock Creek campground with about ninety feet of boulders and water. Ppl were covered up.
Have you heard of the book, whispering sage. Check some post I made today over at hoD in the blaze section, maybe 9clues but I think it was in the blaze setion, lot of stuff like ...well.... too much to explain, but in the end they blow up the dam. It's about a creek that they divert and it runs in sink holes, guys name is Blaze.

What do you mean , 'time' has something to do with it? What about the trash can ?