Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrests Moms account of what Forrest calls "the night the mountain fell"
03-04-2016, 10:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016, 10:41 PM by samsmith.)
RE: Forrests Moms account of what Forrest calls "the night the mountain fell"
(03-04-2016, 09:34 PM)musstag Wrote: the quake covered Rock Creek campground with about ninety feet of boulders and water. Ppl were covered up.
Have you heard of the book, whispering sage. Check some post I made today over at hoD in the blaze section, maybe 9clues but I think it was in the blaze setion, lot of stuff like ...well.... too much to explain, but in the end they blow up the dam. It's about a creek that they divert and it runs in sink holes, guys name is Blaze.

What do you mean , 'time' has something to do with it? What about the trash can ?

Just finished reading that book, musstag...

Rather interesting references cropped up that may or may not relate to the poem itself...Coincidence maybe...

It is an old book by H.S. Drago written back in 1922...Wonder if our Mr. Fenn might have a copy in his personal library collection?...

The story takes place in Nevada, but there are places where Wyoming is brought in to the tale...
03-04-2016, 11:52 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-04-2016, 11:55 PM by musstag.)
Sam$mith, I have not read all of it. How did this come into the chase.
03-05-2016, 01:53 PM,
(03-04-2016, 09:34 PM)musstag Wrote: What do you mean , 'time' has something to do with it? What about the trash can ?

I can't help but wonder if the poem is leading us to a specific point in time. Forrest has said that it's the "end of his rainbow". Perhaps it's a point in time that he holds very dear. I picture a day spent fishing on the Madison when Forrest was younger with his parents, brother, sister, donnie, and possibly even his wife. We know that Hebgen was an important part of his life, but what about the Madison just downstream of the Dam? The part that's now under 190 (almost 200) feet of water?

Heck, it could even explain the "most of the clues didn't exist when I was a kid" comment since that area underwent such dramatic changes since then.
03-05-2016, 06:07 PM, (This post was last modified: 03-05-2016, 06:10 PM by musstag.)
10-4 on the 'most didn't' statement . I met ff. During our visit he said he ,as a kid, camped in that very campground.
He was in Germany, that nite, his parents were in West Yellowstone.

I've looked in thAt area, but there are a out two yeArs of looking down to do in the area.