Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dal stops searching!
06-19-2014, 11:57 AM,
Dal stops searching!
Project Why, sorry I don't remember. My Melsheimer is acting up again. Inside joke, but you probably get it.
06-19-2014, 12:33 PM,
Dal stops searching!
I can't seem to post this on Dals site...so I didn't want it to go to waste....so here's my response to Forrest's post about not giving searchers anymore scrapbooks if Dal quits.

I've been trying to think about what to say since I read your post. I know there was a thread or two on my site(chasechat.com) where people felt you needed to excuse yourself from the search. I don't feel that way. I mean if I was still searching which I'm leaning on not doing anymore for other reasons...I wouldn't mind not having you as competition. I don't understand why you would listen to other people and make decisions based on their views instead of your own. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Do I think you have advantages? Yeah. I think you even told me once that by getting to know Forrest, it was your belief that it could prove helpful. I think that's a no brainer. I think it's up to Forrest how he fair he decides to be with this and not anyone else. We all want clues and we all want to get close to Forrest in hopes for some. I do like Forrest outside of The Chase and so I get how others do as well....but I can see right here all the people who blowing a little extra smoke knowing he's watching. Oh and don't they have an extra little reason after he said he's cutting them off if you leave(Forrest...you're good *smile*)? I'm not saying people don't genuinely like you. I know that is true too.

I'm sure I'll get some "ohhhh noooo, not meeeees" when I say this...but is it really logical to beg another searcher to stay in the game when they have most likely a great deal more time and knowledge about the search for a million dollar chest? Does it make sense to beg another searcher to stay in the game when they get information prior to anyone else that might help them find a million dollar chest you want too? I'm not asking the Sunday picnic'ers who go to watch the butterflies as they tip over a lone rock. I'm asking the searchers who are planning to turn over every rock in the park.

I know I was pretty hurt when Forrest "accidentally" sent you my solve with my ideas of what means what...but I didn't blame you for that and even told you that. If he had sent me your info, I would have looked for sure.

Anyway, those are my opinions for what they're worth. I'm sure I'll be the villain for my Sour Grapes view and I've gotten to the point where I'm just going to accept that title.

06-19-2014, 01:57 PM,
Dal stops searching!

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on June 19, 2014, 1:33 pm</b>

I can't seem to post this on Dals site...so I didn't want it to go to waste....so here's my response to Forrest's post about not giving searchers anymore scrapbooks if Dal quits.

I've been trying to think about what to say since I read your post. I know there was a thread or two on my site(chasechat.com) where people felt you needed to excuse yourself from the search. I don't feel that way. I mean if I was still searching which I'm leaning on not doing anymore for other reasons...I wouldn't mind not having you as competition. I don't understand why you would listen to other people and make decisions based on their views instead of your own. That just doesn't make sense to me.

Do I think you have advantages? Yeah. I think you even told me once that by getting to know Forrest, it was your belief that it could prove helpful. I think that's a no brainer. I think it's up to Forrest how he fair he decides to be with this and not anyone else. We all want clues and we all want to get close to Forrest in hopes for some. I do like Forrest outside of The Chase and so I get how others do as well....but I can see right here all the people who blowing a little extra smoke knowing he's watching. Oh and don't they have an extra little reason after he said he's cutting them off if you leave(Forrest...you're good *smile*)? I'm not saying people don't genuinely like you. I know that is true too.

I'm sure I'll get some "ohhhh noooo, not meeeees" when I say this...but is it really logical to beg another searcher to stay in the game when they have most likely a great deal more time and knowledge about the search for a million dollar chest? Does it make sense to beg another searcher to stay in the game when they get information prior to anyone else that might help them find a million dollar chest you want too? I'm not asking the Sunday picnic'ers who go to watch the butterflies as they tip over a lone rock. I'm asking the searchers who are planning to turn over every rock in the park.

I know I was pretty hurt when Forrest "accidentally" sent you my solve with my ideas of what means what...but I didn't blame you for that and even told you that. If he had sent me your info, I would have looked for sure.

Anyway, those are my opinions for what they're worth. I'm sure I'll be the villain for my Sour Grapes view and I've gotten to the point where I'm just going to accept that title.

</div>

This is so much fun I could leave that ole chest where it is for decades and enjoy the charades.

That is if I was correct where it is .
06-19-2014, 02:02 PM,
Dal stops searching!
Or if it is ;-)
06-19-2014, 02:15 PM,
Dal stops searching!
Nah, you're fine Stepahnie. Do what you gotta do and say what you gotta say. I get where your coming from, really I do. I just thought that when you went from being hurt about what ff did to you, which you have every right to be, to saying that possibly the treasure wasn't put out there, I just didn't think that made any sense. .....It's out there. :-) And regards to what ff thinks about Dal or what other people think about Dal, well, I think anyone with a brain knows the reasons for that. I mean it's only logical. :-)

Carry on Stepahnie, I say, carry on!! Never stop saying how you feel or what's on you're mind. Who cares what anyone else thinks. Who cares what I think. We each do what we do. And if someone else has something to say about it, then they should also speak their mind. It's just a blog, right? Besides, if ff says he's not going to say anything else because of what happens to his sidekick, then that stuff probably never mattered to begin with. But I'm hoping that ff is just trying to make a statement that his relationship with Dal doesn't mean anything and that he indeed actually cares what happens to someone searching, even if it is Dal. He probably took it more as an attack against his integrity and honor than anything though. - "How dare anyone think I would give Dal any information or would be so naive to let him get one over on me or question his integrity?" - Give me a break. - He didn't say that, I was just ad-libing it. :-) Who wouldn't question that relationship? If you don't, then either you're an idiot or an a** kisser. Sure a lot of people puckering up!! They just don't want to miss out anything. Most people don't know how to stick up for themselves.

I believe it's out there. But it's probably going to take some real good boots to get through all the muck to get to it.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
06-19-2014, 02:27 PM,
Dal stops searching!
Thanks PW. No one knows if it's out there. I can't say either way...just that I'm suspicious about it for a few reasons.

working on a book about my experience that will include possible intel and some "other stuff"....but I really hate writing. I have 1000 words so far. ugh.
06-19-2014, 03:05 PM,
Dal stops searching!
Stephanie....

I believe you are right. The more you get to know the man the greater your chances are. I think we can kill two birds with one stone. I bet a bunch of people would pay for your unedited version of everything you got right now. Gotta strike while the irons hot. Hell, I've driven hundreds of miles to look at a copy of one of Fenn's out of print books just to gain insight. I'm sure what you have would either make me look harder or toss in the towel. One thing is certain, it would have an impact and possibly save me lots of money and also educate me at the same time. So...Does $20 sound good for your word file? Is that too low? I could do some editing for you to make up the difference. If it has pictures, I'm sure people would pay moreWink All kidding aside.... what are you selling it for right now without having to give commissions to Amazon or whoever? You gotta get your story out before this Amanda and Paulina get theirs out. Also...maybe you could share what extra clues have been given to level the playing field; as they say. I guess I'm SOL at recouping any of my expenses unless I can convince those new chasers and their sponsors I have a pocket full of clues I might be willing to share for a percentage. I can't say they are helping the argument that males and females are on a level playing field. I guess no one claimed they were.
06-19-2014, 03:07 PM,
Dal stops searching!
I don't think a disgruntled person has much of a story. Mr. Fenn "hung the moon" in your mind and you never mentioned back then there was a possibility the treasure didn't exist, or was a hoax or whatever you want to call it. Now that you are mad at him you hate him and what he stands for?
06-19-2014, 03:26 PM,
Dal stops searching!
Easy there Stan.... Disgruntled people sometimes have the most interesting and honest story to tell. They aren't afraid of rocking the boat and questioning the status quo. Now give your friend a hand when she needs it..... You use to be a supporter....
06-19-2014, 04:10 PM,
Dal stops searching!
Personally, Whether Dal's in or out, I hope Fenn stops giving hints, cause I think I'm way ahead of the pack Smile

Hopefully we all are by nowSmile