Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could ask Forrest a question......
08-05-2014, 08:22 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Project Why on August 5, 2014, 6:04 pm</b>

No curves, no ill intentions, no crazy s***, just a game........

We're just like balls in a pinball machine. The machine is the chase and Forrest is the pinball wizard who knows how to work the flippers and the plunger that keeps us in the game and that launches us into the playfield. But ever being aware and delicate so as not to TILT. ........Sometimes we hit the right spots, rolling up onto the ramps, multiplier xx getting us extra balls, knocking noises sounding off free games and things getting exciting and with our fellow players at the same time (multiball), but mostly just running into each other or touching bumpers. Chaos!! But not for the player. :-) Oh..... the bright lights, the colors and sounds luring us in like moths to flame and magnets attracting, ever hoping for the big score. Will we ever reach the wizard mode? Perhaps........
</div>

This is much more than just a game

You might be just balls that bounce around, but it is not because of Fenn, it is because of your own desires and wishful thinking. It is by your own design that you bounce around in chaos. Fenn on the other hand is involved in the most serious game, designed by an architect himself (as is understood by Gnostic understanding) who is seeking what he is missing. The treasure is lure and a trap, but in Fenn' perception it is gift and a reward.

" What does it profit a man, if gains the whole world , but looses his soul" ?
08-05-2014, 09:55 PM,
Chaos?

A lure and a trap? No. Our own desires and wishful thinking? But of course. :-) Doesn't stop the player for having a hand in it. Who can resist such a carrot and good advertising? I thought I was just here for the chess match? I must be at the wrong hospital.

"Give a man a fish and feed him for a day, but teach him how to fish and he can feed you for life."

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-06-2014, 12:52 AM,

<b>Quote from will197532 on August 5, 2014, 7:53 pm</b>

Forrest said numbers or math wouldn't get you closer to the treasure so it has to be the front of the story on how it is found that would be key to the hint in the story
</div>

Forrest is a people person from the get go. All of his stories are how he related to other people, how he got them what they wanted, or how he got from them what he wanted. There's no secret decoder rings like in The Christmas Story from his youth. He's an academic, but not a part of academia. A historian author without a degree. A seat of the pants war pilot who doesn't give a whit about military intelligence.

There's only one line in the poem that might be a code, and even then it's not the key, just a hint. He has made a career of being agreeable but hard to pin down. Think about it; we know so much of his life but what do we know about his core beliefs? How does he vote? What faith, if any, does he preach to? Even art, how he made his fortune, seems to be just a way to make some dough. Could you say that he truly believes that art is a critical part of life. He told us how he learned the lesson to keep that to himself in 17 dollars a sq in. We know he thinks war is stupid and pointless, he values family and holds friends dear, and he feels history is important to remember. Hardly things that make a man unique, especially as unique a man as Forrest is.

We listen to him and read his words and feel like we know him, but not the real him. Maybe that's what's in the autobiography in the olive jar in the Chest. The poem has no codes. It's wordplay through and through.
08-06-2014, 06:41 AM,

<b>Quote from Project Why on August 5, 2014, 6:04 pm</b>

No curves, no ill intentions, no crazy s***, just a game........

We're just like balls in a pinball machine. The machine is the chase and Forrest is the pinball wizard who knows how to work the flippers and the plunger that keeps us in the game and that launches us into the playfield. But ever being aware and delicate so as not to TILT. ........Sometimes we hit the right spots, rolling up onto the ramps, multiplier xx getting us extra balls, knocking noises sounding off free games and things getting exciting and with our fellow players at the same time (multiball), but mostly just running into each other or touching bumpers. Chaos!! But not for the player. :-) Oh..... the bright lights, the colors and sounds luring us in like moths to flame and magnets attracting, ever hoping for the big score. Will we ever reach the wizard mode? Perhaps........
</div>

Being the pinball lizard how could I not pipe in on this but is not the chase the pin that f created and we are the players and we don't really understand how to score very well and are poor players just dropping quarter after quarter into the chase pin. Pins have rule sheets and to be a good player you must understand when and what to shoot for to be a better player. So the chase pin has a very vague rule sheet and we just shoot for what we thing will be a big score but the designer and the operator of the pin that being fenn has set the pitch too steep and has made the pin drain down the middle or out the out lanes more likely. Sometimes even you don't understand the game rules you just play for fun and eventually you will be a better player but may never complete the wizard mode. If you don't have a rule sheet it would take months or years to be the champion of a pin and that I believe is what we are playing with here.

08-07-2014, 11:37 AM,
( Keeping hands tightly clasped)

I am not playing with anything. lol Sorry couldn't resist.

After reading the way he ran an end run around Seekers question yesterday at Jenny site , I wouldn't expect a straight answer on any question. I think if you risk asking him a question you should not give him any wiggle room in how you phrase your questions. If you read the way Seeker phrased the question, he didn't really answer both questions. He simply gave an answer that could be the truth or not depending on if you are paying enough attention.

Wouldn't subterfuge be hidden by definition? So when Forrest says no subterfuge in sight he is making a true statement technically.
Shhh they aren't listening.
08-07-2014, 03:10 PM,
Where Seeker went wrong at was he didn't send his avatar with the line of question.
08-07-2014, 04:52 PM,
My current question for F would be the "people have been within 500 feet" were they in a plane?
08-07-2014, 05:52 PM,
"The poem is straight forward with no subterfuge in sight." I take that to mean any subterfuge is well hidden, not that there isn't any. I'd really like to know his definition of "straight forward."

mdavis19
08-07-2014, 07:21 PM,
Has anyone heard F saying the TC is or is not on private land.
08-07-2014, 07:29 PM,
No he won't say what type of land. There was a story a long time ago from Newsweek that a guy named Tony wrote that said it could be on private land. I was blown away by that even being suggested as a possibility.