Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
If you could ask Forrest a question......
08-07-2014, 08:27 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on August 7, 2014, 6:52 pm</b>

"The poem is straight forward with no subterfuge in sight." I take that to mean any subterfuge is well hidden, not that there isn't any. I'd really like to know his definition of "straight forward."

mdavis19
</div>

My take on the answer Mr. Fenn gave to the questions asked is that there are no hidden meanings to be derived from the poem...No subtle messages being conveyed...No deeper understanding other than the poem is designed for a singular purpose...To set forth a series of clues to interpret/understand for the sole purpose of locating his hidden treasure chest...Straight forward in design and purpose...Not saying he didn't employ some word trickery in concealing the clues... Smile
08-08-2014, 12:06 AM,
I don't there needs to be any subterfuge. It's so vague, there are literally thousands of possible solves.
08-08-2014, 08:46 AM,
So if that's all there is to it this would be a rich mans game? In it would cost a fortune to travel to all the possible combinations.

Word trickery ? One mans trickery is another mans subterfuge. Yes its all about the words.
Shhh they aren't listening.
08-08-2014, 09:14 AM,

<b>Quote from Buddy Allen on August 7, 2014, 5:52 pm</b>

My current question for F would be the "people have been within 500 feet" were they in a plane?
</div>

So I would certainly hate to fly 500' off the ground through the Rocky Mountains and who besides fenn would actually do that I wonder? Is that even legal not saying impossible and is a good question but what crop duster did you fly with?
08-08-2014, 10:33 AM,

<b>Quote from tomwhat on August 8, 2014, 1:06 am</b>

I don't there needs to be any subterfuge. It's so vague, there are literally thousands of possible solves.
</div>

There are things hidden in the poem. I've found some of them. They are hidden in plain sight, but well hidden none the less. Nobody on any blog has ever mentioned finding the things I see in it, in spite of them being certain to generate much debate if they were known. Maybe since they are hidden in plain sight Forrest can claim with a clear conscience that there is no subterfuge. Still they are very hard to see. I stared at that poem for years and never saw them. I took a hiatus away from the chase for a couple of months. When I picked up the poem for the first time after not thinking about it for those months, I immediately started seeing the hidden stuff. I think the hidden stuff, if correctly interpreted, narrows down the number of possible solves to only a few, or maybe even only one.

mdavis19
08-08-2014, 11:11 AM,

<b>Quote from deb on August 8, 2014, 9:46 am</b>

So if that's all there is to it this would be a rich mans game? In it would cost a fortune to travel to all the possible combinations.

Word trickery ? One mans trickery is another mans subterfuge. Yes its all about the words.
</div>

Doesn't need to be a rich man's game, just a numbers game. If there are thousands of us that each can only afford to take one or two search trips, eventually we can search all possible solves.

Full Definition of SUBTERFUGE

: deception by artifice or strategem in order to conceal, escape, or evade

: a deceptive device or stratagem
08-08-2014, 11:23 AM,

<b>Quote from tomwhat on August 8, 2014, 12:11 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from deb on August 8, 2014, 9:46 am</b>

</div>

Doesn't need to be a rich man's game, just a numbers game. If there are thousands of us that each can only afford to take one or two search trips, eventually we can search all possible solves.

Full Definition of SUBTERFUGE

: deception by artifice or strategem in order to conceal, escape, or evade

: a deceptive device or stratagem</div>
</div>
.... What!!!! Now i have to be a mathematician. I was just happy with superman until Deb gave me the news I wasn't . I even had to burn my red cape.
08-08-2014, 11:39 AM,

<b>Quote from EddieV on August 7, 2014, 8:21 pm</b>

Has anyone heard F saying the TC is or is not on private land.
</div>
....... At this point what difference does it make. Whether someone had to run from ricky ranger or hide from a mad rancher. Forrest still doesn't have his bracelet .
08-08-2014, 08:40 PM,
He'll have it soon.
08-09-2014, 10:25 AM,
http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...-business/