Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wyoming is it!!
08-30-2014, 09:40 PM,
Wyoming is it!!
What does his childhood have to do with it ? Did he say somewhere that with his dying last breath that he would jump in his car and drive all the way to Wyoming to throw his body on the chest ? Yep save that gas money.
Shhh they aren't listening.
08-30-2014, 10:04 PM,
Wyoming is it!!
I like you guys already.please. Somebody argue with me... and really, I gain nothing convincing the world to search where I think it is.
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω
09-01-2014, 07:00 AM,
Wyoming is it!!

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from decall on August 30, 2014, 10:04 pm</b>

I just asked what rings more true. For sure The poem comes first. The thrill of the chase comes second. And words out of Forrest Fenn's mouth come third. No childhood fondness for NM. Hopefully someone saves some gas money.
</div>

We don't know that he didn't have a childhood love for New Mexico, we just know that he hasn't written about it. I don't think that when he decided to move his family out of Lubbock he just blindly picked Santa Fe at random as their new home. He had obviously been there before and liked the place. Years ago I tried to reconstruct the likely path he and his family must have driven every year in the pre-interstate highway era from Temple, TX to Yellowstone and back. I came up with two likely paths. One goes through NM, and one avoids it. The path through NM and CO would have been a little longer, more rugged and difficult, but would have had much better scenery and many historical places to visit along the way. The other path through OK, and KS avoiding NM would have been flatter and easier, but much more monotonous. Which path do you think they took?

mdavis19
09-01-2014, 11:04 AM,
Wyoming is it!!
Good argument <b>mdavis19</b> and don't forget the schoolhouse they drove (what was it)like 40-50 extra miles to read the sign.. I do have some experience with this sort of thing. I run a popular chat site every year for "the Jingle Bell Rock" which is hidden every year worth $10k... and I see the same thing every year, cubits and latin and cadence and codes etc. FF seems more the story teller, not a code breaker. I think he wants to tell us where it is, and I think he has told us where it is. Therefore the most obvious answers are the correct answers. Just my not humble opinion. hehehehehehe
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω
09-01-2014, 11:59 AM,
Wyoming is it!!
Decall I look for the jingle bell rock every year.

Welcome to the hunt!

09-01-2014, 12:34 PM,
Wyoming is it!!
I've tried to determine the route too. I'm convinced that I know the route in WY; however I cannot find the school and I don't think it matters. I do believe that they didn't want to encounter many passes if they could be avoided. The trek from Cody to the Park must have been really something back then.

I had never heard of "the Jingle Bell Rock"...thanks for the tip!
09-01-2014, 02:20 PM,
Wyoming is it!!
a millionaire friend told me years ago to live in a place where the people had money, and hope that some of it would fall into my pocket.

If you live in a place where the people are poor, that can't happen.

I didn't follow his advice, moved to Ms, and have been poor ever since-
09-01-2014, 04:30 PM,
Wyoming is it!!
emmett lol...you're funny...I mean I think there is truth to that. It's a funny way to put it though.
09-08-2014, 01:59 AM,
Wyoming is it!!
decall, is that about the Las Vegas radio contest? If so, another reason to visit Vegas! Wheee!
09-08-2014, 07:57 AM,
Wyoming is it!!
yeah <b>tomwhat</b> http://www.jinglebellrock.info ... the contest is between Thanksgiving and Christmas... only $10k ... sometimes I hate this stupid contest because the radio station are a bunch of idiots... meaningless clues every year, even after they find it, the clues don't relate.(their goal is to delay delay delay) I am not one of those people who chase every contest, but I love word puzzles, and ttotc something I really love and I can trust the clues to be real.
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω