Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Another Jemez Solution
07-19-2014, 09:41 PM,
Another Jemez Solution
This solution was busted by the "wwwh not a dam" post .

WWWH = Soda Dam - not original but solid at the time

TFTW ~10 miles down Jemez river

HOB = Brown Field Airport San Diego - Jemez river in San Diego canyon- Maybe Forrest flew into "Brown" when in the Air Force or as a civilian pilot?

Below the San Diego canyon is the confluence of the Rio Guadulupe and the Jemez. Put in here and follow 485 up which follows the old Santa Fe Northwestern railroad (north of santa fe)

No place for the meek (through the Gilman tunnels, Double Omegas)

The end is ever drawing nigh; (Spiral Petroglyph near on holiday mesa )

There'll be no paddle up your creek, Guadalupe Falls (Iron Paddle Frigate named Guadalupe - Battle of Campeche)

Just heavy loads and water high. (pass through Canones to Porter Landing - old logging town)

If you've been wise and found the blaze, Railroad Wye is at Porter. All that is left of town is a Stone Chimney from the lodge

Look quickly down, your quest to cease, South Cuesta

Take the Chest = Chess= bridge cross bridge and take trail

From here i tried to use the poem to find land marks on the trail

Why is it = why i sit = Saddle

And leave my trove for all to seek? High Eave

The answer I already know,

I've done it tired, and now I'm weak. Intered Caving

So hear me all and listen good, Listing Good= not listing = Stable

Your effort will be worth the cold. Col = Saddle

If you are brave and in the wood The railroad lines are main lines or spurs which were called "in the woods"

I give you title to the gold.

I took the clues and went to the cliffs near a HUGE Tewa Indian ruin on Stable Mesa called Tovakwa-

I searched for a small cave or sandstone vault in the cliffs near by

Found some cool petrogylphs. My 11 year old son got tired after the long hike in (road was still closed at the tunnels) and we only got an hour to search. We were planning to go back another trip again around the Guadalupe Box and look further up the railroad line to Ojitos camp "Eye Must go".

We had a great time on our trip and i hope some of my solutions can be reworked into another solve

07-20-2014, 01:31 AM,
Another Jemez Solution
Hey that's a great Solve. I really loved researching all the old railroad history of the area. Those old photos at the forest service website were amazing, especially the trellises that washed out. The Rail car they delivered the mail with was pretty awesome too. I am glad you found some petroglyphs, my mobility has not allowed me to go the places you would go. Good luck to you and your family!
Shhh they aren't listening.
07-20-2014, 04:52 AM,
Another Jemez Solution
Nice, thanks for that.
07-20-2014, 12:19 PM,
Another Jemez Solution
Deb

I enjoyed the railroad history and especially the Jemez Indian legends. I first thought Astialakwa was the spot, imagining the battle that took place on top is incredible once you see how high and steep the cliffs around the Mesa are. When i got there i realized it was no place for the meek or an 80yr old with a backpack full of treasure.

Did you search around Porter at all? I wanted to check out the Box and the bridge.

07-21-2014, 12:16 PM,
Another Jemez Solution
Nope I haven't but my daughter has.
Shhh they aren't listening.
10-22-2014, 10:13 PM,
Another Jemez Solution
you think he would tell everyone the limitations and then hide it outside of the areas in his map......

that was a great solve but I just think a little outside the box......