Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Codes and Cyphers
07-22-2014, 11:57 AM,
Codes and Cyphers
We know that climbing the ladder was into danger perhaps into the fire... not s bad idea about quickly down.. not my solve but good idea

@astree what do you think about "My War For Me" being William Marvin Fenn's initials? I know it's been discussed before

07-23-2014, 05:27 AM,
Codes and Cyphers

"5"

http://www.chasechat.com/chat/?minglefor...stid-38080

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from chunks on July 22, 2014, 10:02 pm</b>

I have found some significant and very often repeated numbers. What is it with five? All these scrapbooks are focused on this digit?
</div>

If you look at the 5th letter of each line in the 5th stanza, you will know why .. or at least a part.

By the way, "Y" is the 25th letter, 5 x 5

astree

07-23-2014, 12:09 PM,
Codes and Cyphers
Hey Astree, I'll play with you, you've been helpful in the past.

Since FF has said about the simplicities of the poem and lack of deep codes, I'll share what I had and since abandoned.

If you take the capital letters from the inside of the poem only, and use their numerical standing in the alphabet , against the line , they are in . You unscramble those letters, you will get your "key" word.

I think you'll like that one.

07-23-2014, 12:23 PM,
Codes and Cyphers
@astree L is ten hth
07-23-2014, 01:00 PM,
Codes and Cyphers

<b>Quote from true north on July 23, 2014, 1:09 pm</b>

Hey Astree, I'll play with you, you've been helpful in the past.

Since FF has said about the simplicities of the poem and lack of deep codes, I'll share what I had and since abandoned.
</div>

Is that a spin on what Forrest said ? I thought he had said the solution would not be complex cipher? If he specifically said that the poem did not contain ciphers, I'd be interested in that. The cipher-solution connection was addressed in the beginning of the first post, this thread, I think.

<b>Quote from true north on July 23, 2014, 1:09 pm</b>.

If you take the capital letters from the inside of the poem only, and use their numerical standing in the alphabet , against the line , they are in . You unscramble those letters, you will get your "key" word.

I think you'll like that one.
</div>

I will give that a try. Intrigued, I will set aside some time later tonight or tomorrow .. have a few things going on at the moment, to attend to.

ritch biche - L is ten hth... got me wondering on that, too. I know a cap "L" toward the poem's end, and first "l" is the 13th letter of the poem. Will ponder, or can you explain?

Thanks,

astree

edit in: I'm wondering now about the "simple" comment that I think I've seen mentioned before. Can someone quote it. Forrest may have said the poem is simple (is it?), but he could not have serious said that solving the riddle is simple .... basic principle, If it was simple, it would have been solved long ago.( of course it is going to look simple once it's explained ).

07-23-2014, 01:13 PM,
Codes and Cyphers
listen, hope this helps. that's all i have. you will have to ponder, then hope you clue me in.
07-23-2014, 01:18 PM,
Codes and Cyphers
@astree , don't have direct quote, but recall it in one if the question periods. Mostly inferring the solve is simple rather than complex. Like those lines on a page when looked closely at . Appear just a mess. But form words when tilted and held far away.
07-23-2014, 09:17 PM,
Codes and Cyphers
i think there are patterns within the poem that will clue you in, things like words matching words to other parts of the poem, also phonetic matches, similar sounding and so

examples

just / just

no / no / know

some of the more important ones i think get more tricky

'secret' connects with "seek" .... seekret

understand this one and i think it truly points you to the spot, the secret place

07-24-2014, 03:41 AM,
Codes and Cyphers
I agree with Chris. Since that technique is not a true code or cipher, FF's statement that there are no codes or ciphers is true, yet you still need to decipher the way he uses words.
07-24-2014, 05:50 AM,
Codes and Cyphers

Chris' approach was one of my early attempts (including things like put "IN" BELOW the home of "BROWN".). My conclusion was that Forrest is extremely generous in giving an overflowing amount of pointers, to get one looking at relationships within the poem.

faux - I pulled all the capital letters (28), and had a few moments only, to look. What do you mean "rearrange"?

ritch - "listen" starts with "L" , and a"LL" has an "L" in 10th position in the line ?

=============

So, if I understand, the majority of recent comments lean toward using the poem "as is" and finding the correct relationship / interpretation of the words ?

If we were looking at that idea / hypothesis in a scientific way, wouldn't it be correct to say that the data generated (many searches, trying to do that for years) indicates that is NOT an approach that is probable to produce a result?

astree

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Codes, cyphers, in the poem, James Perotti 61 8,383 03-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Circus_Maximus