Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Codes and Cyphers
07-24-2014, 04:09 PM,
Codes and Cyphers
Elints I did not know that was a word. The gathering of military or other intelligence through the monitoring of electronic signals other than voice communications, as satellite transmissions, rocket telemetry, and radar. This anagram makes more sense to me. Thnx Mountain Digger.
07-24-2014, 07:59 PM,
Codes and Cyphers

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from astree on July 24, 2014, 11:37 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from ritchbich on July 24, 2014, 11:34 am</b>

I'm saying "l" is 10 (l is ten) I don't know whether that is a straight letter substitution code where l is ten instead of 12 in English alphabet or perhaps a measurement. It just seemed relevant to your counting the number of times the letter l is in poem and the frequency.
</div>

Got it. That's a great interpretation. I need to think about it.

I really like that "L IS TEN" and

"so hear me a <b>L</b> l and " L IS TEN" good" ... he shows "L" in the tenth position.

</div>
</div>

Got a chance to look at it, from your "L IS TEN" cue.

Going to page 10 of the book, "For Whom the Bells Toll" is discussed.

On the second line, the word "listen" occurs, occupying letter count 5 - 10 (inclusive).

The following numbers are mentioned on p. 10,

two

two, six, four, two, eight

The total of the numbers = 24 ( the lines in the poem, and twice the L = 12th letter in alphabet)

the product of those number = 1536 ( the year Anne Boyelyn got into a lot of trouble )

[for the "Fandango - The Key to the Wind" puzzlers, the product of those number = 1536 ( the numbers on the chest on p. 7 )]

=====

https://www.allmovie.com/movie/v46056

“Poetry is the art of saying what you mean but disguising it”
07-24-2014, 09:37 PM,
Codes and Cyphers
astree..If a person list ten clues that fits perfectly to a location does that mean a person may have the right location? The thought of the chest is intriguing but the person that finds it will definitely have a life changing experience and will it change them for the better? Maybe but most likely not. I'm sure Forrest changed when he acquired a massive amount of money. So will the person who retrieves the chest. IMO I'm sure the treasure will be waiting there when you arrive. When Does a special place become not so special? When everyone knows where it's at? Thousands of people searching for it doesn't help much either.
07-24-2014, 09:52 PM,
Codes and Cyphers
The amount of money the treasure is worth could change a person's life, but I don't think it is personality changing.

I don't believe it matters whether or not a place is visited by thousands or by one. Anywhere can still be a special place to anyone for any reason.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
07-24-2014, 10:05 PM,
Codes and Cyphers
Project Why ...... I believe it would change there personality. Also its rather naive to make a statement of matter of thousands or one.
07-24-2014, 10:50 PM,
Codes and Cyphers
Do you even know what the hell you're talking about half the time there pard? Because it don't make a shit of sense to me most of the time. Better get the Wood between your ears checked you old ignorant fart!! :-) Especially if you "think" you know what I'm saying, because evidently you don't. Now apologize for your ignorance before I strap you to the whipping post.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
07-24-2014, 11:04 PM,
Codes and Cyphers
Prpoject Why ......LOL That's funny if I had that much wood I woouldn't have to look for the treasure very far.
07-25-2014, 04:52 AM,
Codes and Cyphers

<b>Quote from Woody Bogg on July 24, 2014, 10:37 pm</b>

astree..If a person list ten clues that fits perfectly to a location does that mean a person may have the right location?
</div>

I think so, because I think it depends on the clues. I believe the clues are well-defined; Very exact and specific clues will result in an exact location.

The thought of the chest is intriguing but the person that finds it will definitely have a life changing experience and will it change them for the better? Maybe but most likely not. I'm sure Forrest changed when he acquired a massive amount of money. So will the person who retrieves the chest. IMO I'm sure the treasure will be waiting there when you arrive. When Does a special place become not so special? When everyone knows where it's at? Thousands of people searching for it doesn't help much either.
</div>

That's a very good point. I don't really know much about Forrest, or how much he changed with money. He seems to be trying to help people at this time, and his interaction is very cordial ..moreso than many people without much money, most of the time, from the little I've read.

People who win lottery, or celebrities who become rich fast, seem to sometimes take bad turns in life. I have wondered at times, if what they "become" wasn't something already inside of them, just waiting to come out, and the money gave it a chance.

astree

edit: I did hear the Moby Dickens interview. Is that where Forrest said that he wasn't wealthy, just "lives off the interest"?
=====

07-25-2014, 05:39 AM,
Codes and Cyphers

http://www.chasechat.com/chat/?minglefor...stid-38216

<b>Quote from astree on July 25, 2014, 5:37 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from scott W on July 23, 2014, 10:31 pm</b>

[

…, but those boundaries define Bandelier precisely. …

</div>

I had found the first letters of the second stanza lines interesting, too, for that reason

B..egin it where warm waters halt

A..nd take it in the canyon down

N..ot far, but to far to walk

astree</div>
</div>

A similar acrostic device was used several days ago (22nd July) in Forrest’s Scrapbook

22/7

PI

http://dalneitzel.com/2014/07/22/scrapbook-eighty-six/

[Image: itchingpowder.jpg]

I

P

<b>PI</b>
=====

07-25-2014, 07:14 AM,
Codes and Cyphers

<b>Quote from Woody Bogg on July 24, 2014, 10:37 pm</b>

astree..If a person list ten clues that fits perfectly to a location does that mean a person may have the right location? The thought of the chest is intriguing but the person that finds it will definitely have a life changing experience and will it change them for the better? Maybe but most likely not. I'm sure Forrest changed when he acquired a massive amount of money. So will the person who retrieves the chest. IMO I'm sure the treasure will be waiting there when you arrive. When Does a special place become not so special? When everyone knows where it's at? Thousands of people searching for it doesn't help much either.
</div>

Sorry to butt in, but it is not the gold that will change you, rather whatever else is in the chest -the part that slipped in.

@Forrest " At my secret hiding place, as I was closing the chest for the last time, I felt part of me slip inside and become part of the treasure, or at least I thought I did. I’m okay with that now.f"

He seems to be coming back over and over to that point. He has made multiple references to it, and in almost all national promos that aspect is mentioned. Are you guys taking that into consideration at all? Or is that too complicated to analyze? Will it make You better, or make him better? Seems to me, like he is trying to buy something here - indecent proposal?

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Codes, cyphers, in the poem, James Perotti 61 20,466 03-05-2014, 08:21 AM
Last Post: Circus_Maximus