Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not?
07-24-2014, 09:42 AM,
Why not?
I am not for sure where it's hidden until i find it. I do however feel that i know where it's not.

Not in water since the forces of nature will likely flood out the unlocked chest if not just wash the whole thing away. A hundred or even a thousand years would increase those chances for sure.

Not in a tree, tree stump or heavily forrested area - In the wood equals in the chest since it is lined with wood.

Not on top of a mountain--because he said so...but maybe near the top

Not in wyoming---no reason really, call it a hunch.

Not necessarily at WWWH but the interpretation of such exists at the end as well, ...full circle?

Not a cypher or code involved --- nothing simple about that approach

Not within esmereldas reach...obviously

Not buried

Not in Yellowstone or any other place we know that he frequented. Why would somebody hide something in these obvious places. Thats the first place people look.

If you cannot find something where it should be then it is time to start looking where it should not be, therein lies the problem.

Okay...bring on the criticism

Liv42dy

07-24-2014, 10:52 AM,
Why not?
No criticism from me. I agree with most of your observations. That's why I kept searching the same place , kept sending me in a circle.

I don't know if when you say code or cypher exactly what you mean? Everyone has different ideas what that is to them. I do think Forrest uses wordplay , by that I mean alternative choices of word meanings , designed to throw you a monkey wrench. (Remember that banana remark? lol)

Shhh they aren't listening.
07-24-2014, 01:16 PM,
Why not?
liv42dy-

your getting warm, with the why not?

"so why is it...." that's right, x doesn't mark the spot, y does.

The problem is just starting. Does he mean a y in the road, a y in the creek, a y in the trail, a y in a waterfall, or something else?

I've said it before and I'll say it again- this is a very difficult puzzle.

Emmett
07-24-2014, 01:55 PM,
Why not?
:?
07-24-2014, 04:16 PM,
Why not?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from emmett on July 24, 2014, 2:16 pm</b>

liv42dy-

your getting warm, with the why not?

"so why is it...." that's right, x doesn't mark the spot, y does.

The problem is just starting. Does he mean a y in the road, a y in the creek, a y in the trail, a y in a waterfall, or something else?

I've said it before and I'll say it again- this is a very difficult puzzle.

Emmett
</div>

kinda like if you've been Y's
07-25-2014, 12:01 AM,
Why not?
If you've been wise and found the blaze:

Wise people always choose the right path.

fork in a trail=go right to be wise.

Yes
07-25-2014, 05:19 AM,
Why not?
Not much criticism from me, Liv. I think you summed it up pretty well. The only point I don't fully agree with is eliminating Wyoming. It is my second favorite state for the treasure to be hidden in, but you are correct that it probably isn't in Yellowstone. If I were going to eliminate a state it would be Montana. I don't see anything at all that points to it as a possibility. None of my solutions have ever pointed there. Hmmmm. Now that I think of it. Maybe that should be telling me something...

mdavis19
07-25-2014, 06:42 AM,
Why not?
Fair enough... there does appear to be a growing interest towards Wyoming. Montana!!?? Thinking outside the box I see. Anything is possible as we must keep or options open. Personally, I would look in Toledo Ohio before I considered Montana! You should probably keep thinking inside the box in reference to Montana. If we start to question why it is not in a certain place as opposed to why we think it is then we become our own devils advocate. Less apt to force a solution that way. One man's opinion. Good luck in the coming months.
07-25-2014, 08:49 AM,
Why not?
It hit me while I was writing my earlier response to you that none of my previous (failed) solutions pointed to Montana. That got me thinking that maybe I am biased against Montana for some unreasonable reason. Maybe something subliminal in the poem or TTOTC makes me shy away from Montana. Maybe it is by design???? Who knows? Anyway, it is the state I know the least about, out of the four remaining. Never been there. Never really thought about going. Maybe I should bone up on its history and geography a little, just to be thorough. Wouldn't want to give the treasure away because of some sort of unreasonable bias.

I did not used to give much credence to the treasure being in Wyoming. I have always assumed for a variety of reasons that Forrest would have hid it closer to home. In the last couple of months though, I have found what I think are a few possible connections to Wyoming in the poem. I also discovered that some things in the poem I assumed pointed to NM could just as well point to Wyoming. Not ready to go searching there yet. I need to do a lot more research.

mdavis19
07-25-2014, 12:31 PM,
Why not?

<b>Quote from mountain digger on July 25, 2014, 12:04 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on July 25, 2014, 9:49 am</b>

It hit me while I was writing my earlier response to you that none of my previous (failed) solutions pointed to Montana. That got me thinking that maybe I am biased against Montana for some unreasonable reason. Maybe something subliminal in the poem or TTOTC makes me shy away from Montana. Maybe it is by design???? Who knows? Anyway, it is the state I know the least about, out of the four remaining. Never been there. Never really thought about going. Maybe I should bone up on its history and geography a little, just to be thorough. Wouldn't want to give the treasure away because of some sort of unreasonable bias.

I did not used to give much credence to the treasure being in Wyoming. I have always assumed for a variety of reasons that Forrest would have hid it closer to home. In the last couple of months though, I have found what I think are a few possible connections to Wyoming in the poem. I also discovered that some things in the poem I assumed pointed to NM could just as well point to Wyoming. Not ready to go searching there yet. I need to do a lot more research.

mdavis19
</div>

mdavis,

Seems as though you have come to a fork in the road and as Yogi used to say..."when you come to a fork in the road, <b>take it</b>". You do not mention Colorado here. Does this mean you have eliminated CO as even a possibility? Or, are you just not commenting on CO ... just like FF?</div>
</div>

Well put mdavis, i follow what you are saying. In the meantime feel free to send any montanna info my way, i will be your devils advocate!

Mountain digger has a point there. Forrest does not mention colorado too much if any at all which may point one in that direction for that reason alone. Much like he does not mention certain gaps in his past which likely holds the biggest clue of all. Why not?

Liv42dy