Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why not?
07-25-2014, 12:31 PM,
Why not?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mountain digger on July 25, 2014, 12:04 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on July 25, 2014, 9:49 am</b>

It hit me while I was writing my earlier response to you that none of my previous (failed) solutions pointed to Montana. That got me thinking that maybe I am biased against Montana for some unreasonable reason. Maybe something subliminal in the poem or TTOTC makes me shy away from Montana. Maybe it is by design???? Who knows? Anyway, it is the state I know the least about, out of the four remaining. Never been there. Never really thought about going. Maybe I should bone up on its history and geography a little, just to be thorough. Wouldn't want to give the treasure away because of some sort of unreasonable bias.

I did not used to give much credence to the treasure being in Wyoming. I have always assumed for a variety of reasons that Forrest would have hid it closer to home. In the last couple of months though, I have found what I think are a few possible connections to Wyoming in the poem. I also discovered that some things in the poem I assumed pointed to NM could just as well point to Wyoming. Not ready to go searching there yet. I need to do a lot more research.

mdavis19
</div>

mdavis,

Seems as though you have come to a fork in the road and as Yogi used to say..."when you come to a fork in the road, <b>take it</b>". You do not mention Colorado here. Does this mean you have eliminated CO as even a possibility? Or, are you just not commenting on CO ... just like FF?</div>
</div>

Well put mdavis, i follow what you are saying. In the meantime feel free to send any montanna info my way, i will be your devils advocate!

Mountain digger has a point there. Forrest does not mention colorado too much if any at all which may point one in that direction for that reason alone. Much like he does not mention certain gaps in his past which likely holds the biggest clue of all. Why not?

Liv42dy
07-25-2014, 12:38 PM,
Why not?

It hit me while I was writing my earlier response to you that none of my previous (failed) solutions pointed to Montana. That got me thinking that maybe I am biased against Montana for some unreasonable reason. Maybe something subliminal in the poem or TTOTC makes me shy away from Montana. Maybe it is by design???? Who knows? Anyway, it is the state I know the least about, out of the four remaining. Never been there. Never really thought about going. Maybe I should bone up on its history and geography a little, just to be thorough. Wouldn't want to give the treasure away because of some sort of unreasonable bias.

I did not used to give much credence to the treasure being in Wyoming. I have always assumed for a variety of reasons that Forrest would have hid it closer to home. In the last couple of months though, I have found what I think are a few possible connections to Wyoming in the poem. I also discovered that some things in the poem I assumed pointed to NM could just as well point to Wyoming. Not ready to go searching there yet. I need to do a lot more research.

mdavis19
</div>

mdavis,

Seems as though you have come to a fork in the road and as Yogi used to say..."when you come to a fork in the road, <b>take it</b>". You do not mention Colorado here. Does this mean you have eliminated CO as even a possibility? Or, are you just not commenting on CO ... just like FF?</div>
</div>

Forrest has nothing to say about Colorado, so what can I possibly add? Big Grin

mdavis19
07-25-2014, 01:29 PM,
Why not?

<b>Quote from liv42dy on July 25, 2014, 1:31 pm</b>

mdavis19
</div>

mdavis,

</div>

Well put mdavis, i follow what you are saying. In the meantime feel free to send any montanna info my way, i will be your devils advocate!

Mountain digger has a point there. Forrest does not mention colorado too much if any at all which may point one in that direction for that reason alone. Much like he does not mention certain gaps in his past which likely holds the biggest clue of all. Why not?

Liv42dy</div>
</div>

I do not discount Colorado. The Colorado State Line is a less than 1 tank trip from Forest's driveway. My gut feeling all along (until fairly recently) has been that he likely hid the treasure close to home. Most of my solutions to the poem hug the NM/CO state line. I have searched spots in both states. I like Colorado tremendously, and had vacationed there many times before the treasure hunt came along. I keep hoping to find a good solution in some picturesque part of Colorado just so I have an excuse to go there. Alas, most of the state does not fit into my solutions to date.

I sometimes harbor suspicions that Forrest purposely avoids talking about Colorado just to make us think the treasure is hidden there. After all, a lot of us naturally assume it won't be hidden somewhere he talks about a lot. So maybe it is hidden somewhere he never talks about. But then I think that maybe Forrest really just can't make himself talk about it because that is where the treasure really is. But maybe that's just what he wants us to think he thinks.... Round and round you can go until you get dizzy. The treasure either is or isn't in Colorado, and that either is or isn't the reason Forrest never mentions the state. That's about all any of us can say for sure.

There could be other reasons he doesn't talk about Colorado. The big gaps in his life story that you mentioned. I understand that in the past he did some things that were at best highly questionable, and at worst highly illegal, but difficult to prosecute because of certain technicalities. Much of that was done in Arizona. But just maybe he engaged in similar activities in Colorado. He has probably been advised by both his legal counsel, and his own ample common sense not to discuss or write about certain periods of his life lest he inadvertently give Federal Prosecutors the ammo they need to overcome the technicalities. Not sure what the statute of limitations is on the things he has been accused of. Even if he couldn't be indicted at this late date, much of his personal collection could still be seized if he says the wrong thing, and he could be made to look really bad in the court of public opinion.

I doubt we will ever know what happened during some of the gaps in his personal timeline. That is unless he has a tell-all book set to go to press after his death, or unless the really juicy parts are in one of the tiny print autobiographies he says he hid with the treasure and his jars and bells. Of course somebody will actually have to find one first.

mdavis19
07-25-2014, 02:47 PM,
Why not?
Maybe he COULD tell you stories about Colorado, but then he'd have to KILL you! BAAAAHAAAHAAHAAHAAHAAHAA!

I'm still chuckling over that Dateline Australia video. Crayola John is quite the colorful character!
07-25-2014, 04:03 PM,
Why not?
I started in New Mexico, but could not find anything that links up with the poem (everyone thinks Agua Fria is WWWH there or at least has thought it, cold water is not where warm waters halt) aside from the fishing program in Beaver creek being "halted". I like Wyoming only because it is the only place my only solve has lead to.

Colorado just gave me a headache when looking at it on Google maps, so I discounted it forever pretty much.

Montana was a little interesting with some history and names of places, but I don't like Montana because of Hannah Montana

Mutant biased and Proud
07-25-2014, 05:36 PM,
Why not?
Montana was a little interesting with some history and names of places, but I don't like Montana because of Hannah Montana

LOLOLOL

I think I found the title to the gold in Illinois!!! Who knew....have to follow your own path I guess...and it will come right to you.
07-25-2014, 07:54 PM,
Why not?

<b>Quote from admin on July 25, 2014, 6:36 pm</b>

LOLOLOL

I think I found the title to the gold in Illinois!!! Who knew....have to follow your own path I guess...and it will come right to you.
</div>

follow your own path? so last time that happened to me I had to email someone who desperately wanted to know what I found so I wonder if they would pay me back?
07-25-2014, 08:55 PM,
Why not?

<b>Quote from emmett on July 24, 2014, 2:16 pm</b>

liv42dy-

your getting warm, with the why not?

"so why is it...." that's right, x doesn't mark the spot, y does.

The problem is just starting. Does he mean a y in the road, a y in the creek, a y in the trail, a y in a waterfall, or something else?

I've said it before and I'll say it again- this is a very difficult puzzle.

Emmett
</div>

Forrest told us what the "Y" was in. Knoyledge, as in his statement, "To my knoyledge, that's the only PO Box I have now." The "Y" is in the knoll edge, or it is a Y-shaped knoll. And his PO Box is on the way to his Y-shaped knoll.
(Do I really have to say IMO all the time?)
07-26-2014, 06:58 PM,
Why not?
Butch: trigace is just giving his opinion. Isn't that what we all do? If someone gave the correct solve, 98% of the readers would disagree, because it wouldn't match their solves.

Only when the chest is found, will anybody agree with the solve, and a lot of searchers, not even then.
07-26-2014, 07:11 PM,
Why not?
Well said grasshopper! Big Grin