Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
To boldly go where one man has gone before
08-23-2014, 03:49 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
7- The end is ever drawing neigh (as opposed to ever hewing wood)
</div>

Hewing wood? What?
08-24-2014, 07:58 AM,

<b>Quote from tomwhat on August 23, 2014, 4:49 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
7- The end is ever drawing neigh (as opposed to ever hewing wood)
</div>

Hewing wood? What?</div>
</div>

I believe it is a Biblical reference.

mdavis19
08-25-2014, 03:47 AM,
If so I didn't get it's importance or relevance to the Chase.
08-25-2014, 06:00 AM,
Joshua 9:23. Joshua curses the Gibeonites for be forever slaves and hewers of wood and drawers of water for the house of God. One of the more famous commentaries on this passage includes the phrase "draw nigh" in it as people are requested to gather close to hear the justification for why Joshua did it. I think that may be why Liv included the hewing of wood reference. I suspect it was more tongue in cheek than serious. The end of his search is drawing nigh, rather than being enslaved to it forever. That's the take I got from it anyway.

mdavis19
08-26-2014, 03:05 AM,
I did not find the damn thing, i am of course having trouble accepting that since there were no loose associations for me between the clues and the physical world. I meant no biblical associations, just pointing one to the drawing of water as opposed to hewing wood which seemed to always accompany each other back in the day. I feel this water is self drawing and continues to flow as it has for years and years. For me, there was one thing I felt was obvious but proved false, which blew my end-solve out of the water (sort of speak). There is a good chance the vicinity was correct and may make it back some day, especially if this chase continues on into next year or so. I now feel it will...or maybe just wishfull thinking to give me another look see. If anyone is still interested in any of the clues above at this point just hit my inbox. good luck to all...it will be needed if you ask me.

Liv42dy (deflated not negated)
11-22-2014, 11:07 PM,

<b>Quote from mdavis19 on August 25, 2014, 7:00 am</b>

Joshua 9:23. Joshua curses the Gibeonites for be forever slaves and hewers of wood and drawers of water for the house of God. One of the more famous commentaries on this passage includes the phrase "draw nigh" in it as people are requested to gather close to hear the justification for why Joshua did it. I think that may be why Liv included the hewing of wood reference. I suspect it was more tongue in cheek than serious. The end of his search is drawing nigh, rather than being enslaved to it forever. That's the take I got from it anyway.

mdavis19
</div>

I like that, thumbs up.

06-10-2015, 09:42 AM,
Sure enough... not found yet... I figure that if Forrest was the only person in many many many years to have "gone alone in there" I should see a single set of undisturbed foot prints. That is assuming the entire area does not get flooded out on occasion. Soon enough I will pick up where i left off last year, same bat time...same bat place! Hell... perhaps the dead person with the secret is in there as well!

Exciting times Wink

LIV42DY
06-29-2015, 05:53 PM,

<hr class="bbcode_rule" />

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
08-28-2015, 12:20 PM,
RE: To boldly go where one man has gone before
So let’s think about the title of this thread and keep in mind that it is dependent on imagination.
Could Forrest really be the only man that has set foot “in there”. I can only think of one other person that may of seen this “special place”. Such a special place must have been lost to time itself until Forrest found it, with or without another person. This may seem to be unlikely for this one man to find such a significant and historic? place and yet it exists without any known history or documentation……apparently. You would think that such a place would likely be known by the historians and/or more than one eccentric millionaire.
No…long ago…I feel that this elusive place once was known by more than a few and indeed was lost to time.
Or….we are all just looking for a treasure chest which is sitting under a rock somewhere.
08-31-2015, 06:48 PM,
RE: To boldly go where one man has gone before
Maybe you're right on both counts Liv... Smile