Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there hints in the scrapbook posts?
09-07-2014, 11:48 PM,
I feel it too Will. Forrest now wants the Chest to be found, and soon. I think he only changed his mind in the last couple months. He can't just give it away because that wouldn't be fair to everyone who has been searching for it for the last few years. But he is dropping serious hints.
09-10-2014, 06:46 PM,
Isn't that sad if that is true?
11-11-2014, 05:50 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on September 10, 2014, 7:46 pm</b>

</div>

What has happened is not at all what ff had intended. There are too many nut jobs out there that have ruined this for him. If he wants it over, it is to get on with the rest of his life. Hopefully, this has not completely consumed and threatened all that his family is.

11-11-2014, 11:44 PM,

</div>

Sad, to me it will be a relief finally knowing the answer even if I am not the finder

"Plop plop fizz fizz oh what a relief it is"

Isn't not knowing sort of like mild heartburn?
11-12-2014, 11:22 AM,

</div>

I don't see the sad just the happy double omegas ( 33 )

[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bjf3mqSkjnE[/embed]
12-10-2014, 09:05 AM,
For those who have read Scrapbook 113 on Dal's site, I was wondering if anyone else saw his lure named Pickles as a metaphor for the big largemouth bass who was introduced in Scrapbook 73 last spring?

Perhaps "The Attraction of Pickles" is just a fun read or is Forrest speaking (metaphorically) about that "bass"?

Besides all the thoughts that the word "lure/lore" can conjure, it is interesting to note that, although Pickles is referred to as a "he" by Forrest, it doesn't rule out the whole "he/she" question again..

-Pickles keeps "his talent well hidden".....shhh!

-Pickles, now retired (on a bookshelf), is keeping his distance (in the search) from the others. Another interpretation is that "he" is outdistancing all the others in their progress.

-Not sure what is meant that "he floats when I leave him alone...."

Or, it really could just be a fun story about his lure named Pickles! You think?
12-10-2014, 09:39 AM,
I am baffled. If I look for hints in everything he posts, I just get confused. I am back to looking at the poem and book. It was starting to feel like a person with multiple personalities trying to figure all that info out. LOL

I think the blogs really complicate it with everyones ideas all jumbled up into one giant mess.

Its funny to sit back and see how new people come forward just sure they have it all figured out. I am just trying to keep my fingers off the keyboard, watch them figure out we have all been there before. Cute little guppies. Now where did that gator go?
Shhh they aren't listening.
12-10-2014, 03:20 PM,

<b>Quote from Retired Postmaster on December 10, 2014, 9:05 am</b>

For those who have read Scrapbook 113 on Dal's site, I was wondering if anyone else saw his lure named Pickles as a metaphor for the big largemouth bass who was introduced in Scrapbook 73 last spring?

Perhaps "The Attraction of Pickles" is just a fun read or is Forrest speaking (metaphorically) about that "bass"?

Besides all the thoughts that the word "lure/lore" can conjure, it is interesting to note that, although Pickles is referred to as a "he" by Forrest, it doesn't rule out the whole "he/she" question again..

-Pickles keeps "his talent well hidden".....shhh!

-Pickles, now retired (on a bookshelf), is keeping his distance (in the search) from the others. Another interpretation is that "he" is outdistancing all the others in their progress.

-Not sure what is meant that "he floats when I leave him alone...."

Or, it really could just be a fun story about his lure named Pickles! You think?
</div>

He is just bragging on his skill a bit. He can cast it out and it will float when he is not reeling in the line. He is showing us the special shape of the front that makes the lure go under the water when it is being reeled in. It also shakes and wiggles wildly attracting those bass, thus his skill in devising something that stumps us, I mean the bass.
12-10-2014, 06:50 PM,
By golly, PL289...I think you may be right!... Smile
12-10-2014, 09:39 PM,
What dictates the following:

You are told the poem is all you need.

Then you're told the TTOTC will help.

Then comes the stories. Which Fenn never said had clues in them.

Then Jenny's blog with Q&A for Fenn. Again, Fenn never says the answers contain clues.

Finally Fenn's replies to individual searchers on Dal's blog.

Possibly throw in TFTW. Fenn never said there were clues involved in it's writing, just hinted that something may be a clue.

So what's really needed to solve the poem? Just the poem, because that is what he initially said. The TTOTC will give hints, but never clues. So that can only be used to substantiate the results of any solution to the poem.