Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there hints in the scrapbook posts?
12-10-2014, 09:58 PM,
You are correct as well GG...The only way that the path to the treasure can be found is in the poem itself...The only way WWWH can be found is in the poem itself...The only way the home of Brown can be found is in the poem itself...The only way the blaze can be found is in the poem itself...etc., etc.

'All the information you need to locate the treasure is in the poem.' - ff

The landscape can and will change over time, but the location of the chest will last as long as the poem does because the location is also in the poem... Smile
12-11-2014, 07:18 AM,
Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map.f
12-11-2014, 08:21 AM,
@PL289 - Smile I'm with you on this!

Have to also say - I enjoy your 1972 "Mash" quote from the Doctor! One of my favorite shows!
12-11-2014, 01:20 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Retired Postmaster on December 10, 2014, 9:05 am</b>

For those who have read Scrapbook 113 on Dal's site, I was wondering if anyone else saw his lure named Pickles as a metaphor for the big largemouth bass who was introduced in Scrapbook 73 last spring?

Perhaps "The Attraction of Pickles" is just a fun read or is Forrest speaking (metaphorically) about that "bass"?

Besides all the thoughts that the word "lure/lore" can conjure, it is interesting to note that, although Pickles is referred to as a "he" by Forrest, it doesn't rule out the whole "he/she" question again..

-Pickles keeps "his talent well hidden".....shhh!

-Pickles, now retired (on a bookshelf), is keeping his distance (in the search) from the others. Another interpretation is that "he" is outdistancing all the others in their progress.

-Not sure what is meant that "he floats when I leave him alone...."

Or, it really could just be a fun story about his lure named Pickles! You think?
</div>

I think it is interesting how we each see things. :-)

I guess I just saw it more as a ANOTHER entertaining story. But, there is also the other side of me, that WILL always cast my eye and swivel for clues. :-) There appears to be a couple of layers here. So, for me, perhaps, 'Pickles' could be a searcher or maybe it is ff himself? And the poem being his main lure, .....nothing fancy, but like oak will stand the test of time and with wisdom and allure will drive the other fish crazy. And once again, .....he gets what he wants. He always catches someone, I mean something!! :-) Gotta remember, he's been doing this his whole life. .....But what caught my attention more and had me squinting, was his use of the word 'proximity' AGAIN. This time in reference to 'Pickles' and the other lures .....they aren't too far away from each other are they? :-) And when observing the books directly below the lures and the "honored place on a bookshelf", we have a book with the word 'Treasures' and two others with a picture of 'Barb Wire' on them. Then, under the "cousins, once removed" we see what looks like trees(might have something else to do with 'Oak', don't know?) ........All things that have been mentioned before.

But yes, probably just another fun read......... Hey, another word for fun is DIVERTING. :-)

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
12-11-2014, 02:07 PM,
I went on my sixtieth exploration yesterday. It is still pretty mild out here in these parts .....for now. :-) Searched for probably a good 4 or 5 hours. I still haven't figured out a way to get the EXACT location from the poem, so this is my only alternative, besides, I guess, not searching for it at all. I always enjoy getting out in the 'wood' regardless. And I surely find something of value no matter what, whether it be an artifact, a picture, or just a moment. It's all fun!! Hell, I can have a good time doing just about anything. :-) ..........But, I'm kinda just starting to wonder if this whole thing is solvable?? I mean, I've never doubted whether it is out there or ff being honorable or trustworthy, but I gotta say, I've found a lot of things in my time, and some pretty valuable things and many very difficult to find, .....but with regard to this and just going by this POEM to solve it, .....it's beginning to seem a little bit out of reach. Now, I don't mean to diminish or down play anyone else's talents or solves :-) .....but this whole thing may, just may be, .....too much with too little to go on. Too vague with too much area to cover. Mr. Fenn may be able to see his reflection in the water :-) and that is fine, but for me, right now, .....all I see is mud. The hazy outline of a metal mirror with no end in sight. But perhaps that is what was intended..........

That's just me though. Just saying.......... By all means, good luck to all who travel down this road!! Do it for the adventure and for getting outdoors, if you don't much, and share the experience with someone else if possible. Personally, I have thoroughly enjoyed all of this myself. And I will never stop exploring and searching for new things. It's just what I like to do. :-) .....Just don't know how much more I'm going to search for this though.

Peeeeeeeeeeeeace

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
12-12-2014, 06:42 AM,

As the subject of this thread caught my eye, just yesterday Forrest's Scrapbook 113 was posted. "lures".

http://dalneitzel.com/2014/12/08/scrapbo...-thirteen/

I would find it stretching the odds, that the book

<b>Treasures of ...</b>

just happened to find its way into the left margin.

Although, it is more a post-facto recognition of the hint.

astree

12-12-2014, 07:46 AM,

<b>Quote from PL289 on December 12, 2014, 7:03 am</b>

Yup. Lots of product placement going on in the menagerie he calls a home. Kinda like Elf on the Shelf ff style.
</div>

lol, we spent quite a bit of time the other day, looking for my daughter's Elf on the Shelf. Smile

( now she carries it everywhere )

12-12-2014, 10:15 AM,

<b>Quote from astree on December 12, 2014, 6:42 am</b>

As the subject of this thread caught my eye, just yesterday Forrest's Scrapbook 113 was posted. "lures".

<b>Treasures of ...</b>

astree

</div>
Forrest also in this thread talks about the lure going under the surface . I think there is more going on under the surface than what a person thinks.
12-12-2014, 04:55 PM,

<b>Quote from Woody Bogg on December 12, 2014, 10:15 am</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from astree on December 12, 2014, 6:42 am</b>

<b>Treasures of ...</b>

astree

</div>
Forrest also in this thread talks about the lure going under the surface . I think there is more going on under the surface than what a person thinks.</div>
</div>

I think so too, Woody. In several ways.

( following from the Fandango puzzle, caps and lines, as quoted )

-together. Man

And Nature. Myth and history! Understand?

I mean, there’s more here than the surfaces.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mu_(negativ...he_Mu-koan

astree

12-13-2014, 09:09 AM,

<b>Quote from PL289 on December 12, 2014, 6:14 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Woody Bogg on December 12, 2014, 10:15 am</b>

Forrest also in this thread talks about the lure going under the surface . I think there is more going on under the surface than what a person thinks.
</div>

Could be a reference to getting under the skin of searchers. Or a reference to there being more in his SB posting than meets the eye. Everything the guy says and writes is taken ten different ways before his keyboard has cooled off. That seems to be the nature of the beast and I'm sure he knows it. F seems to be having fun nudging along someone or some people. I hope I'm having that much fun at his age. Regardless, they people he's fiddling on don't know his motives, so why should anyone else.</div>
</div>

Seems likely.

I think he believes and hopes someone is close. But we all know how the terrain looks when you get feet on the ground. Things tend to change and it's easy to miss a lot.
</div>

Why I believe he emphasizes an exact solve before making the trip.

Hell, I almost misplaced a kid somewhere near Raton, and we were at a McDonald's, on our way to the mountains. Haha. Don't worry, my wife lost her in Mexico when the kid was 3. She's a wanderer...kinda like ff.
</div>

Brings back memories. Smile