Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Are there hints in the scrapbook posts?
12-15-2014, 10:07 AM,
I'm not sure if this is relevant or if I'm just reading too much into it, but I sent Forrest an email back on Dec 10th. asking him a couple questions. Now I see the last section of Scrapbook 114, "The fact is I never fished with any of my hand-painted poppers, and that’s the truth. There was no way a slippery sided smallmouth black bass was going to scratch the paint on my special, sculptural artforms. That’d be tantamount to messing with my poem.", and I wonder if he was eluding to what I sent him??

I know I may get flamed for this, but here is a portion of what I sent him (Yes, I know he said not to mess w/ the poem Tongue )...

<b><i>Would you mind telling me if my interpretation/translation of your poem is correct. To help myself try and understand what the poem is saying I have translated it into a less poetic form. I know you advised not to mess with the poem, but I don’t feel that I have. Maybe just restated it in lay-man’s terms!

When I hid the treasure I was alone

The treasure is some of my most valued possessions

I alone know where the treasure is, but I will not tell

I will provide some hints. The treasure contains items both new and old

Start where the warm water halts

Travel down through the canyon

Not too far of a distance, but too far to walk

Enter the water below the home of Brown

From here, it is no place for the meek

The end is coming closer

There’ll be no paddle up your creek

Just heavy loads and water high

If you have solved the verses above and located the blaze

Look directly down, you have found the secret spot

Don’t stay too long admiring the treasure

Take the treasure and leave quietly

So why have I gone to that secret spot

And left my treasure for all to seek?

I know exactly why I have done this…

I have lived a full life, and now I’m growing older

So pay close attention to my words

Your effort will be worth the cold

If you are brave and found the secret spot in the wooded area

Take the treasure.</i></b>

I never received a reply back from Mr. Fenn, FWIW.

12-15-2014, 11:36 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
"There was no way a slippery sided smallmouth black bass was going to scratch the paint on my special, sculptural artforms. That’d be tantamount to messing with my poem."
</div>

Yep, that is your response. The smallmouth black bass will never scratch the surface of the poppers(poem).
12-15-2014, 12:13 PM,
Welcome to the world on never uttered replies. Its a funny little fishing game. Smile
Shhh they aren't listening.
12-15-2014, 01:41 PM,
Lol - thanks! I am enjoying myself, and looking forward to many more (well maybe one reply would be nice)!

12-15-2014, 03:32 PM,
Forrest loves to play intellectual games. I think you were too straight forward with him jfk.

I'm still trying to figure out why he has responded to most of my emails. I think it has to do with the picture i found that he posted on Google Earth. I'm not so sure anyone else has found it. I believe it is a finger pointing to the search area.
12-15-2014, 06:14 PM,
Dang it JJ, dont tease the wolves! He responds to lots of peoples emails, just dont be suprised when your idea pops up someplace else. Sound familiar everyone?

At least give us a state to obsess over JJ. LOL

Edit * How do you know he posted it?
Shhh they aren't listening.
12-16-2014, 09:11 PM,
The poem is a tribute to a particular person, most of us know who that "particular person" is. This is completely undeniable. When you email ff about this he will respond, but when it comes to locale of where one is searching it falls upon deaf ears. It is all about how you interpret the clues and figure out where was special to them. My emails were returned regularly until I mentioned where they were together.

Carla
12-19-2014, 11:15 AM,
I hope this will not be a double post, I pressed subscribe before I sent the message:

JJ,

What made you think ff posted the picture, was it a photo of himself? I understand if you do not wish to share this information, after all something must be held close to the 'chest'.

"I think it has to do with the picture i found that he posted on Google Earth"
uken2it
02-01-2015, 08:35 AM,
Chunks, mind if we talk about that person. I have a strong feeling it's Eric. What are your thoughts?
02-04-2015, 04:51 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mrknow on February 1, 2015, 8:35 am</b>

Chunks, mind if we talk about that person. I have a strong feeling it's Eric. What are your thoughts?
</div>

Message me mrknow. Not something I am prepared to talk about on this forum. It is too important Big Grin