Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone room burglar
09-05-2014, 10:23 AM,
Yellowstone room burglar
Has anyone had a problem with someone entering your Yellowstone room

while you were gone for the day? Then possibly taking some of your things?

(not to clean)

We stayed in several different cabins while we were there. We reserved the

cabins only a few months ahead of time so we had to move around each day.

We were in one specific cabin for 2 nights. The second day we left the room to

drive around. I saw a woman working cleaning different cabins. We put the

please do not disturb sign on the door.

The room wasn't really cleaned before we went into it. We found items under the bed and

dust bunnies. The beds were made and neat when we left. I positioned our bags in a way

that I would know if someone messed with them. When we returned the bags were not positioned

the same and the room was not any cleaner.

I then realized that I was missing a knife I bought in Scotland many years before. It was

in my bag with bathroom items. It was one of a kind because it's not sold in the states.

I approached the hotel front desk about it and a younger guy basically blew us off.

Saying that someone specifically couldn't have done it because she was not working.

I didn't accuse anyone specific. I just said that someone was basically going through our bags.

So they were no help.

So I am wondering if anyone else has had anything stolen while staying in Yellowstone?

It is also a warning for people to not keep anything of any value in the rooms while

you're out.

From now on, I am taking a small game camera on trips with me. I am going to cable lock it to our luggage

or on a secure item in the room. So I can review video footage when something is missing.
09-05-2014, 06:56 PM,
Yellowstone room burglar
Maybe you can contact the police. maybe they can do a sting and find out who owns it. look on craigslist for the area, or ebay.
09-05-2014, 09:56 PM,
Yellowstone room burglar
That sucks, too bad you didn't take a photos of the cleaning lady when you saw her at the other room. Who is to say she really was a cleaning lady ? I don't take valuable stuff with me when I stay in rental rooms.
Shhh they aren't listening.
09-08-2014, 01:25 AM,
Yellowstone room burglar
It happened a couple years ago. I should have talked to a Ranger at the time but my son was

very sick. So I was a nervous wreck for the last day that we were there.

I was wondering if anyone else has had any problems. This was in the cabins behind the lake lodge.

We stayed in 3 different cabins while we were there. We were there during the time of the bear attacks.

09-08-2014, 01:37 AM,
Yellowstone room burglar
It really is too bad there are people out there like that. I like the game camera idea.