Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Forrest ........?
09-08-2014, 01:58 AM,
I'm learning as I go.

When you tell someone a secret. It empowers that person to use

the information in different ways. The best thing someone could do

is just not share the secret.

I have read where Dal lied to Forrest in the beginning.

Forrest seems to have the Old Sante Fe Trading Post site.

Why doesn't Forrest just post his blogs on his own site?

Instead he empowers Dal by posting things on Dals site. Why?

It's kind of creepy how Dal was going to use Canadian license plates when

meeting someone else.

I've been brought up to be a very honest person good or bad. I just find

it odd that Forrest would share his creation with someone that lied to him.

Basically empowering Dal by posting things on Dals site. Why?
09-08-2014, 06:55 AM,
I want to answer this question real bad but I'm travelin(Texas to see Jeff's family) so can't say much with darn phone. Good question though.
09-08-2014, 12:12 PM,
Gotta use what TOOLS are available to you :-) ........if you want to get your message out there, and especially if they are passionate and malleable. Deficiencies in character and mistakes can be overlooked depending on the job at hand. :-) Besides, who else would want to do everything he does? His niece? I doubt it. Also, he probably works for cheap. ........What, what? Ohhhh, the things we can get people to do with the right kind of cheese.

And when the appointed time comes when yet another seat has been placed at the great banquet table and the grand illusionist has performed his final disappearing act, it will be time for someone else who is worthy to take over the reins and lead the meek and not so meek :-) deeper into the canyon and further down the creek without a paddle ........ever drawing nigh.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
09-08-2014, 12:56 PM,
I don't remember Dal lying about anything major. Wasn't it just if he was going searching or where the area was? Sometimes you do business with people who you might disagree with, but because they do a good job of what you are hiring them for. Dal runs a pretty fine site over there. I get regular updates from him that are nicely formatted, no spam, well moderated blog post feedback. Dal does a very good job as a volunteer, probably better than if he were paid.
09-08-2014, 01:05 PM,
He doesn't get a portion of the book sales?? Biography?

He's no volunteer. Very few people on this earth do something for nothing

........on top of being able to go search for the chest. Hell, I would make it the most fantastic, up-to-date, well informed blog there was if it were me!! :-) Shoot, he'll probably even write his own book about it. I mean, but would any of this exist if there were no treasure to be found? So, neither Dal, nor any of us, would any of us be here if it didn't exist? That's what started it for Dal, and what started it for us, ........a dangled carrot. Is it not? Some have just found other ways to benefit from it along the way. :-) :-)

But don't get me wrong, I have enjoyed every aspect of it. This whole thing has been quite entertaining and I've seen and learned a lot. Overall, it has been most positive. :-)

Thanks ff !!

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
09-08-2014, 08:05 PM,
BRAVO PW....nice to hear you feeling so positive Smile
09-09-2014, 07:25 AM,
I like a lot of what Nora said(I'll email when I get a chance...crazy busy). It's just that Dal was/is always at the ready to do what Forrest needs. He's gotten pay back for doing so. He gets book sales for Forrest's new book that no one else can get. He's gotten to see the search map before anyone else and I'm guessing the book too. Who wouldn't want that??? He's gotten lots and lots of face time with Forrest to ask him whatever he wants and I know Forrest says things which is what has driven me crazy in all this. What about all the scrapbooks and other stories? He gets to see them before any of us to see if he might think there's a clue in what is said. I KNOW Dal has lots of video that hasn't been shown to us. HE decides what we see in them. I've heard from others the things Forrest has told them which I believe are VERY much clues even though Forrest denies they are....but since he says they aren't...people just believe that. What about the fact that when Dal said he wasn't going to search anymore that Forrest said he'd stop giving US any more goodies posted to Dals site? What happened then? EVERYONE started blowing smoke up Dal to egg him on to come back to the search. Who can blame Dal for wanting to be in the position he is? Look when I said something on Dals blog that was the slightest bit against Forrest? Dal ranted about me being a terrible person. He blocked me from his site for a while so I couldn't even respond. I thought that was in super bad taste. You can see here that if anyone says anything against me..I DON'T block them. I will respond and let them respond. I know a couple reasons I'm not blocked anymore.

If it's found...I'm sure the smoke that's being blown will change directions by the ones who spent money and time searching the most. I know I'm not alone in these feelings. I get many emails from others who want their feelings known, but don't speak it in public for the obvious reasons.

Ok, done ranting...
09-09-2014, 08:51 AM,
THE THRILL IS NOT ABOUT MONEY, I'll rant on Harrah's before Fenn, but i still stay with them and play their games.
09-09-2014, 09:54 AM,
Forrest Fenn is to old to maintain a blog the way Dal does. He probably couldn't even if he wanted to, I don't see to many 84 year olds that are computer savy.

So why do you think Dal has not found the chest if he gets all this inside info?
09-09-2014, 12:08 PM,
Some of the information contradicts previous statements. I was reading a Q & A with Fenn. He says that

he wouldn't be making a kids book. Now a woman has released a song related to a kids book that Fenn

was said to have worked on with her. I guess he could have changed his mind.

I am guessing that someone actually does check the emails for him. One response I received sounds too

much like a females response.

I think too much thought can be put into trying to figure it out. I don't own the books. The forums are

sometimes confusing because nobody is going to release their most important information. If I am right,

the treasure (if still there) can be found by using just the poem. It's tough because I am in no hurry to

go to the location. I have given away invention/patent ideas in the past just to wish I didn't. I have also

chose to not pursue patenting ideas just to watch someone else do it years later. I invented the straw with a

filter years ago. Never did anything about it. Now the darn things are all over the place.

I know that lots of people think they know where the treasure is and then it's not there. I have a very good reason

to think it is in a specific area of one specific state. But I don't know what to do with the information. If I am

right, the answer is in the poem. Some things that Fenn has said in interviews (possibly hints) confirm the location.

But you never really know until you know.

The inconsistencies create doubt and make people question.