Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Why does Forrest ........?
09-09-2014, 01:39 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from boomergirl on September 9, 2014, 9:51 am</b>

THE THRILL IS NOT ABOUT MONEY, I'll rant on Harrah's before Fenn, but i still stay with them and play their games.
</div>

Do you give you winnings back to Harrah's when your done? If you were to find the tresure, will you give it all back then? :-)

It IS about the thrill of the chase and for one to not to have that would be too bad, but for one to say they are not here for the chest is ludicrous. We wouldn't be here if there wasn't one. And if you're saying anything different, then you're just fooling yourself for whatever deep seated reason you have. -- I can go do all these same things -- exploring and seeing beautiful sites, researching, taking pictures, meeting interesting individuals, finding important things -- just the same as I have been doing my whole life, without having been lured in by an old man's story about a treasure. The thing is that, it took that, to get a lot of those people that don't to go do that. Most would have never experienced these things if there wasn't an enticement to do so. And when you don't find it, then yes, all one has left is the Thrill, which should have been there anyway, but actually for some, turns into just the opposite. It's too bad.

I enjoy all of it. :-)

The real question though is: How much of it did he do to get people out into nature; and how much of it did he do for just himself??

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
09-09-2014, 03:15 PM,
you trying to start something with me PW???? LOL what's winning at Harrah's? haha

Mental game,solving the poem firstSmile playing with ancient treasures motivates me...i don't want to sell it, a trophy like Fenn's Treasure?

Maybe this example is better, i worked a lot harder, and spent more money playing tennis...Does anyone think i was tricked by the USLTA?

09-09-2014, 05:17 PM,
This doesn't make Dal a bad guy though. I think he does a terrific job at running his forum. I'm glad he's there to be the middle man. Without these other people, we may not have had all the information we have and the stories -- beneficial or not. Like I said, I've still learned something. :-)

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
09-09-2014, 05:55 PM,
Trying to start something with you? Nah. :-)

I said that most people were lured in by the treasure and whether you fit into that category or not it's on you. If not, then you my dear are a anomaly. :-) It doesn't have to be a bad thing. He got what he wanted and people get what they want whether they realize it or not. They just may not know it right away. Hell, some may not ever understand the THRILL OF THE CHASE.

I used play a lot of tennis myself and in tournaments in the past. Traveling, meeting new people, playing with friends, always spending money on new equipment. It didn't matter. I usually carried around at least 3-5 Prince rackets with different tensions from 65-70lbs. Had a guy that was great at re-stringing them. It was always harder to play at higher altitudes though with those heavier balls. So, was playing the only gratification? Or was winning too? Not that that was all it was about. I had lots of fun just volleying most of the time. It was good. Trophy - Chest - Wanting to just solve the puzzle?? You did say you would keep the chest, right? ........just keep it? :-) Cool.

Tennis vs THIS? Hey, what ever floats your boat. :-) One will say and do whatever they need to justify their actions. Who's right or wrong? -- It doesn't matter. It only matters how it affects you and how you perceive it. All of this is only a conversation.........

Good luck.

09-10-2014, 05:05 AM,
If someone else for example was told to only look in a certain town(I'm not saying this is the case..just an example), but hasn't found it...you're ok with that while you search 4 states?
09-10-2014, 05:38 AM,
When playing tennis at high altitudes, it's good to open tennis balls one day before. If not they will bounce to high heaven.

I prefer Wilson to Prince...At this age i no longer have the need for self justification, or anyone to answer to, so i do whatever i want. LOL

Yes, just keep it, but hide the bracelet to taunt Fenn. In a valley south of Santa Fe LOL
09-10-2014, 06:19 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from boomergirl on September 10, 2014, 6:38 am</b>

When playing tennis at high altitudes, it's good to open tennis balls one day before. If not they will bounce to high heaven.

I prefer Wilson to Prince...At this age i no longer have the need for self justification, or anyone to answer to, so i do whatever i want. LOL

Yes, just keep it, but hide the bracelet to taunt Fenn. In a valley south of Santa Fe LOL
</div>

If you visit the Lounge next time there is a tennis court like 200 yards west and I would like to take you on. Maybe PW can find another for a foursome. Interesting discovery. I am not that good but can volley at least.
09-10-2014, 08:05 AM,
Sorry, wrong thread.....

09-10-2014, 10:55 PM,
Stephanie, if they were told only to search in one town and it still hasn't been found wouldn't that be an indication to them to stop thinking they were getting help? I don't know, just seems like sense to me.
Shhh they aren't listening.
09-11-2014, 09:15 AM,
No Deb...I don't think it is. I mean the payoff is finding it...but it doesn't mean that finding it is the only indication that anyone was getting help.