Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Please wear bright red
09-27-2014, 08:44 PM,
Please wear bright red
<b>The American Southwest and the Rocky Mountains at the moment are thick with hunters trying to slay elk and deer. Some districts are currently opened to bow hunters; others are, or soon will be, open to rifle hunters. People seeking the Forrest Fenn treasure <i>should wear a very bright, "non-natural" color</i> so that hunters will be less likely to mistake them for legitimate prey. There are a bloody hell of a lot of stupid, lazy people out there with guns at the moment, and most of them are loaded down with alcohol.</b>
09-28-2014, 11:36 AM,
Please wear bright red
The last trip we took, we were back in the woods and scared a couple hunters out of the woods. Served them right, because they did some damage getting to where they went. We probably almost got killed and didn't know it. Maybe treasure hunters should wear HOT PINK ;-)

If anyone knows the hunting season dates for the different states...it might be good to post. Might save a life. Then again...might knock out your competition if you keep that info to yourself ;-) ...ok ok...seriously if anyone knows...might be good. David you are just nicer then me ;-)
09-28-2014, 03:23 PM,
Please wear bright red

http://www.wildlife.state.co.us

http://www.wildlife.state.nm.us

Wear bright red if you want the bulls chasing you, and hot pink if you want hunters that have been in the wood too long chasing you, but bright orange will take care of the rest.
09-28-2014, 03:44 PM,
Please wear bright red
Just curious, but do people hike during hunting season or is it too dangerous? Is there a way to know if you are hiking in a place people are able to hunt?
09-28-2014, 04:27 PM,
Please wear bright red
Bright orange might get cops chasing you if any prisoners got loose in NM. LOL

Shhh they aren't listening.
09-28-2014, 04:49 PM,
Please wear bright red
Up at Murph's Hole, Colorado, I caught two bow hunters cutting a barbed-wire fence, around 4:40 AM Thursday. I snuck up on them in the dark, like Rambo, and demanded to know why they were cutting the fence when the gate a few dozen feet away was not locked. They jumped on their ATVs and fled.
09-28-2014, 09:30 PM,
Please wear bright red
Good on ya, Desertphile! Unethical as I may be as a treasure hunter, I am an ethical hunter. I hope you scared the bejeebers out of them!

@Stephanie hikers are just as entitled as hunters. I once decided to confront the occupants of a vehicle that was driving past camp with the stereo blasting during hunting season. The end result was that the two female occupants got out of the vehicle and flashed me!
09-29-2014, 03:05 AM,
Please wear bright red
@NTMI girls sure know how to have a lasting effect. Maybe you should give up hunting. I doubt it will ever get better then that LOL
09-29-2014, 06:29 AM,
Please wear bright red

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from NTMI on September 28, 2014, 10:30 pm</b>

Good on ya, Desertphile! Unethical as I may be as a treasure hunter, I am an ethical hunter. I hope you scared the bejeebers out of them!

@Stephanie hikers are just as entitled as hunters. I once decided to confront the occupants of a vehicle that was driving past camp with the stereo blasting during hunting season. The end result was that the two female occupants got out of the vehicle and flashed me!
</div>

So NTMI were you like a frozen deer staring into headlights then? Were they low or high beams?
09-29-2014, 07:38 AM,
Please wear bright red
Oh, I had a few choice words for them, Tim - something akin to female dogs and teats, but Stephanie's right - I couldn't get back home to the missus fast enough that year! LOL!