Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chest = Title ?
11-13-2014, 05:24 PM,
Chest = Title ?
And best of all, my wife usually leaves me alone to work at my computer with my little dog on one side of me and a juniper fire on the other. Who can ask for more from a town?f

Forrest mentions leaves me alone so he's gone in there alone and I think there is a hint here, His dog on one side and juniper fire on the other. His dog's name is Tesuque which means the "village of the narrow place of the cottonwood trees." So I think the chest is between the dog and fire sorta speak. https://www.google.com/?gws_rd=ssl#q=meaning+of+tesuque

http://mysteriouswritings.com/featured-q...-santa-fe/
11-13-2014, 06:56 PM,
Chest = Title ?
The chest is an object, but title to the gold is not a physical object but just your right to own it given by FF. Maybe? Thus they are not separate objects.
11-13-2014, 07:30 PM,
Chest = Title ?
But ff said NO! meaning they are the same object.
11-13-2014, 07:47 PM,
Chest = Title ?
I read it as meaning "No they are not separate objects" not necessarily meaning they are the same object. If one is a physical object and one is not a physical object, then his answer would still be true. However it could also mean that by possessing the chest you possess the title so they are the same.
11-13-2014, 07:58 PM,
Chest = Title ?
I see both sides on this! Can anyone else comment on this for others opinion?
11-13-2014, 08:03 PM,
Chest = Title ?
Try looking at the question and answer like this. The “Chest” and the “Title”, are these 2 separated objects? ~Mr. T

No, Mr. T. f

11-13-2014, 08:30 PM,
Chest = Title ?
What is the title? It's "the thrill of the chase"...that's what the chest is all about.
11-13-2014, 09:14 PM,
Chest = Title ?
When one finds the chest, that's it!! It's over. It's done. It's YOURS. He has already stated his intentions in the poem and what happens once it is found: "I give you title to the gold."

But, .....no chest, .....no title. It only make sense doesn't it? :-) I mean, how can one have a title without the property. It just means it is YOURS now.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
11-13-2014, 10:17 PM,
Chest = Title ?
IMHO

Mr T asked the question to determine if there was a "title" hidden somewhere that would lead or direct one to the actual chest. I believe Fenn uses the legal language of "title" intentionally in his poem, to distinguish and ensure that his chest will not or cannot later be clawed back by the government, has to do with trove legal language vs. property rights etc. The chest is physical object that he owns and intentionally is giving away or granting ownership to the finder/new owner.
11-13-2014, 11:01 PM,
Chest = Title ?
I don't know why he would ask that question? ff has never alluded to there being a title separate from the chest, but he has at times negated it. There is no reason for two separate things to be hidden. IMHO :-)

I agree with the rest.

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink I give you title to the gold mrmagicarovrumrebel 56 4,750 12-14-2017, 07:11 AM
Last Post: monkeyking
  Title of the Poem jbensi 6 1,656 10-28-2016, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Puzzle X
  I give you title to the gold jdh 24 7,064 09-07-2015, 08:24 AM
Last Post: mrknow
  Sorry for Your loss Title to the Gold! eYe4-1 11 3,129 09-07-2015, 05:28 AM
Last Post: larissaMi
  FF Gives Title to the Gold, but What About the Rest?! minotaur_moreno 5 1,415 07-01-2015, 05:17 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates
  Title to the gold James Perotti 13 2,406 02-07-2015, 09:35 PM
Last Post: decall