Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Continental Divide
11-20-2014, 03:33 PM,
Continental Divide

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on November 21, 2014, 4:33 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from Circles on November 20, 2014, 6:50 pm</b>
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on November 20, 2014, 6:00 pm</b>
<b>Quote from BrazenBull on November 20, 2014, 3:33 pm</b>

Does everyone agree that the Continental Divide is the WWWH, or are there still differing opinions?

</div>

Everyone? Hardly. I'll never believe it, unless someone else finds the treasure and says their WWWH was the CD. To me the CD is a silly idea for WWWH.

mdavis19</div>
</div>
So you are of the opinion that a Leopard can change it's spots ?

Forrest has shown time and again that he 100% methodical on a large scale.

And you want a small random WWWH ?

So glad you made that public !</div>
</div>

Got no idea what you are talking about, Circles, as usual.

mdavis19</div>
</div>
Doesn't surprise me one bit.

But as this is preliminary of your putting your foot in your mouth.

You probably gonna flip your opinion about a different facet of this subject.

Oh looky at your next post!

You publically changed your opinion that the "group / Crowd " could not possibly solve the poem.

Who ever would have thunk it !
11-20-2014, 03:47 PM,
Continental Divide
Absolutely!! 8O Now one just needs to figure out which canyon? Hmm.......... let's see? Its gotta be uh........ The Grand Canyon! Oh wait, that's not in the highlighted area. Damn it!! I guess I will go back to my dam theory, because I just can't figure out where to start with The Continental Divide. But please, don't lose confidence, I'm sure you'll figure it out...........

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield
11-20-2014, 05:07 PM,
Continental Divide
Not sold on this theory, "halt" just seems wrong for it.

If it was maybe "drops" , then you'd have me.
11-20-2014, 06:00 PM,
Continental Divide

Does everyone agree that the Continental Divide is the WWWH, or are there still differing opinions?

</div>

Everyone? Hardly. I'll never believe it, unless someone else finds the treasure and says their WWWH was the CD. To me the CD is a silly idea for WWWH.

mdavis19
11-20-2014, 06:31 PM,
Continental Divide
I just searched that topic on here and there was a good conversation about it being warm because of global warming. He did say to use Google Earth and he looks up at the moon which would make global seem plausible. It is where multiple waters halt at each other. I just read also that there is a series of maps on the Continental Divide by a Brown. Please explain why you believe it's a silly idea.
11-20-2014, 06:43 PM,
Continental Divide
WWWH could be the CD but it's not my solution, but here is a possibility where you might find the clue in TTOTC, In Lewis and Clark chapter he said this "So we turned back for half a day until we found another stream to follow. Bad luck can always be trusted." I have always thought if he crossed over the CD that would explain why he was 50 miles off course!
11-20-2014, 06:50 PM,
Continental Divide

</div>

mdavis19</div>
</div>

So glad you made that public !
11-21-2014, 09:25 AM,
Continental Divide
I think it is the CD because you have to think of the original scale we had to work with. We started with just the poem and north of Santa Fe. It could have been in Canada, Russia, Europe, etc. So I think he started with a bigger scale, and gradually gets smaller and smaller until your at the chest.
11-21-2014, 04:33 PM,
Continental Divide

<b>Quote from Circles on November 20, 2014, 6:50 pm</b>

</div>

mdavis19</div>
</div>

So glad you made that public !</div>
</div>

Got no idea what you are talking about, Circles, as usual.

mdavis19
11-21-2014, 05:00 PM,
Continental Divide

<b>Quote from BrazenBull on November 21, 2014, 9:25 am</b>

I think it is the CD because you have to think of the original scale we had to work with. We started with just the poem and north of Santa Fe. It could have been in Canada, Russia, Europe, etc. So I think he started with a bigger scale, and gradually gets smaller and smaller until your at the chest.
</div>

I think a lot of people have the general theory that the poem starts out large scale and narrows down as you work your way through it. The fact that so many people think that leads me to believe it is almost certainly the wrong way to look at the poem. I used to think a solution to this puzzle could be crowd-sourced. Now I am of the opinion that any aspect of this that lots of people seem to agree on must be wrong. This won't be solved by consensus. And the CD is still a silly idea for WWWH. Have you given any serious thought to what the CD actually is? Have you checked the actual definition of it? Do that, and if you are still a believer that the CD is WWWH, I'll stop trying to talk you out of it.

mdavis19

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Independence Pass between Aspen and Twin Lakes on Continental Divide Tiny Rainbow 7 1,708 11-30-2014, 10:49 AM
Last Post: Tiny Rainbow