Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Random Thoughts with Chris Handey
12-04-2014, 04:04 PM,
Maybe Fenn is handing out arrowheads as a consolation prize to all those who have participated in his Thrill of the Chase.........

Maybe he knows that someone has THE solve, and come next spring, it's all over. So..... he doesn't want any of us to go away mad for having wasted so much time, energy, effort, and money playing his game....... Thus he's handing out arrowheads so we all can have something to remember the countless hours of searching, researching, debating, pondering, postulating, scheming, etc.........

Or maybe he's just trying to offload some tonnage before he dies so Peggy doesn't have to mess with it..........
the ending clue: follow a trail of gold coins until it takes you north of the seven ~ Poor Pippi Longstocking

12-04-2014, 04:10 PM,
the letter combination "AL" in that order or reverse, seems to occur alot in the poem, 8 by my count
the ending clue: follow a trail of gold coins until it takes you north of the seven ~ Poor Pippi Longstocking

12-04-2014, 04:15 PM,
Not far, but too far to walk

there are a lot of "to"'s in the poem, and one "too". does this perhaps hint at the word "also"?

there are 2 occurrences each of "all" and "so". what i find most interesting is that in both cases they are in the same sentence

12-04-2014, 04:32 PM,
"halt" and "cease" share a lot in meaning. there is going to be a connection between these 2 points of the poem. itootrt (in the opinion of this random thinker)

12-04-2014, 04:34 PM,
if you looked into the mirror of the poem, maybe you would see William Marvin Fenn

12-04-2014, 04:44 PM,
There are a lot of opposing words (mirrored?) Begin-end, far-near, walk-halt, warm-cold, brave-meek,new-old, etc. The poem may be about reconciling opposing forces or ideas or concepts.
12-04-2014, 05:17 PM,
in my war for me, in the story when Fenn begins to explain what happened in the year his awareness took its first few steps, he mentions his body being tired and then there are multiple references to altitude

itootrt (in the opinion of this random thinker) this relates to <i>tired and weak</i> giving us the proper elevation, and it doesn't do it yesterday or tomorrow, but today, in the present

part of the idea being as you climb higher, you get more tired/weak, and the oxygen gets thinner

12-04-2014, 06:12 PM,
<b><i>"If I lived back in the Wild West days, instead of carrying a six-gun in my holster, I'd carry a soldering iron. That way, if some smart-aleck cowboy said something like, "Hey look. He's carrying a soldering iron!" and started laughing, and everybody else started laughing, I could just say, "That's right, it's a soldering iron. The soldering iron of justice." Then everybody would get real quiet and ashamed, because they made fun of the soldering iron of justice, and I could probably hit them up for a free drink." </i></b> - Jack Handey

12-04-2014, 06:21 PM,
drawin near the Fenn Trove, i may be compelled to fend off some awnry varmint with ma sideslinger - Chris Handey

12-04-2014, 08:02 PM,
Smile

"But I'm tryin', Ringo. I'm tryin' real hard to be the shepherd." - Jules Winnfield

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Scattered random thoughts brought on by recent threads LuckyLove 19 1,909 10-02-2017, 04:46 PM
Last Post: Mindy
  Three thoughts E.C. Waters 5 961 08-15-2017, 02:55 PM
Last Post: E.C. Waters
  Thoughts will197532 6 632 08-03-2017, 12:59 PM
Last Post: resa
  Random Marble Stuff Chmaanta 3 961 03-19-2017, 07:07 AM
Last Post: Indy
  Chris Yates why you delete Oklahoma? Hammertime 0 580 03-06-2017, 10:44 PM
Last Post: Hammertime
  For Chris Yates Lol Mindy 12 2,825 02-02-2017, 01:19 PM
Last Post: Chris Yates