Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Close encounters of a Grizzly Kind!?!?!
01-08-2015, 09:35 PM,
Anyone have any close encounters of a Grizzly Kind in West Yellowstone Areas, Hebgen lake, quake lake, etc... ????? I've only seen one in the northern section of the yellowstone park, and yes from my truck.

Now if I was hiking and came across one... I am sure that would be pumping my adrenaline. Even carrying protection, (should I say wishful deterrents) I would still fear them, the power and speed.

Share your experiences with the Grizzly in West Yellowstone while hiking, fishing, etc.

01-12-2015, 11:17 PM,
finally... someone posted in Montana... we saw bear tracks.. thought it was a lone bear but soon found the baby tracks to go with. went 6 times last season and thank goodness never saw any bear just the tracks
Ω  200 ft. Club  Ω
01-13-2015, 09:55 AM,
Slightly off (sorry) of the location area you mentioned....in June 2007 we were driving through Hayden Valley (YNP) and a Park Ranger stopped us as a Grizzly crossed just in front of us. Two days before, while at Jackson Lake Lodge (Grand Teton), one of the joggers was mauled by a cub as he came across a Grizzly family. A week later, while unloading our car in Glacier National Park (Rising Sun Moter Inn), a Grizzly walked by (too close for comfort). I really do cherish the memories from that trip.

Also, a number of years ago, just outside the Northern entrance to YNP, we spoke with a man who had been mauled (even showed the scars). He had surprised a Mama and her cubs! Obviously, it can happen to even the most experienced. Be careful next spring!
01-24-2015, 02:03 PM,
Retired-postmaster... Crazy stories!!! especially to meet a man with the SCARS! WOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am not a hunter. But I do think the Grizzly need to have some fear of man to protect them better.. the less fear, the more dangerous they are to us and more danger to them. I don't mean to kick off a debate but I prefer human's safety over animals. And yes, I realize we are going into their backyard. Hunting does keep populations in check when regulated properly and would probably help in less bear/human encounters that become dangerous.

08-17-2015, 07:24 PM,
RE: Close encounters of a Grizzly Kind!?!?!
Another guy just got attacked by a Grizzly Sow with a cub last week... God rest his soul. Poor guy. I feel for his family. It was all over the News.
09-03-2015, 12:43 AM,
http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/yell...ht-n407471

Here's the Link to story.... A later version of story states Hiker was not carrying Bear spray... Be safe out there in Bear Country. Don't leave home without it.
09-09-2015, 02:37 PM,
Me and a buddy of mine were hiking in the Rockies near W Yellowstone several months back and saw 2 in one day. The first one wasn't much of a threat because we were in our vehicle. It just ran across the dirt road and into the forest where it stopped and stared at us curiously. The second was when we were hiking back to the car. As we walked down the dirt road to where we were parked, the bear saw us and quickly ran up a hill in the opposite direction. He really had no real interest in us and for that we were thankful.
09-10-2015, 04:50 PM,
Cool story Kulaid... its amazing how fast they are. That's what is scary. Years ago... I was camping and I saw a black bear about 50 feet from me like a "blurrrrrrrrrr" run between trees. It was so fast, at first I didn't even know what I saw... until it was further down the hill. Black bears make me alert... Brown bears make me nervous!

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Grizzly Bear Population Booming... glock20 4 2,373 02-01-2016, 06:00 PM
Last Post: glock20