Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrests Giant Ball of String - What is he hinting to?
05-14-2015, 11:21 AM,
Cousin Eddy finds it but buries it again in his front trailer yard never to remember again where he but buried it in the ending but shows a cameo of Forrest hiding behind a tree snickering and with a shovel in hand and the shovel has PTN initials on it! However if you look at the ending with a still shot you can she a shawdowy figure of Steph in behind him wearing a to be continued t-shirt.

Gloc20 let your freak flag fly man.
05-15-2015, 05:55 AM,
Nice. Eddie empties graywater into old faithful
------------------------------
"Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here."
05-29-2015, 01:33 PM,
This is the first I've seen this. Too funny. I love the graywater in Old Faithful. Tim I could picture Eddy finding the chest and the entire movie he's using it to shimmy up his trailer. At the end something happens where they are on a cliff and it tips over just as Clark realizes they had the chest all along....it crashes to the bottom of the cliff and gold coins shoot up into the air and fall all around a very crowded place where strangers pick up the coins and necklaces fall right on the neck of Ranger whatever his name is.
05-31-2015, 02:26 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from glock20 on January 11, 2015, 11:12 pm</b>

Forrest's Giant Ball of String, soda caps, etc. - What is he hinting too? I am lost on this one...

What do you guys think?
</div>
Forrest already answered this question by telling us a person was deeply focused on a keyword.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/String_theory

In physics, string theory is a theoretical framework in which the point-like particles of particle physics are replaced by one-dimensional objects called strings.[1]
06-06-2015, 03:56 PM,
Mr. Fenn talked about using chain to measure distance, so many links to the mile. Well chain is heavy, so it's modern equivalent used in surveying is called (string chain) it's a roll of string mounted inside a housing with a counter, the free end of the string is tied off, as the user walks along a survey line the counter records the number of feet traveled.
06-06-2015, 10:32 PM,
I find it hard to use the string theory as a measuring tool cause there isn't a formula in the story to get math solve
06-27-2015, 06:25 AM,
Think the ball of string is connected to the 'Teachers with Ropes'. 20 kids holding onto knots. There are 20 postmarks in the book

When he tried to explain to his mother the ball of string had disappeared she kept looking out the window looking for the postman.

Which supports the theory that the postmarks are important and not just added for effect by the designer. As to what they mean...
11-11-2015, 12:13 PM,
RE: Forrests Giant Ball of String - What is he hinting to?
Some farmers, when they cut their hayfields, roll the cut hay up into cylindrical balls that can be 4 to 6 feet in diameter. The ball of hay, that could look like string from a distance, is secured by tying strands of different colored twine around the circumference. In the winter they feed the hay to their cattle so the balls of hay gradually disappear.
12-16-2015, 11:48 PM,
Farmers in general seem to have balls of string. Or twine. Whatever you want to call it. We have the world's largest ball of twine in MN! (boring, if you ask me. Nothing to see there, move right along).
11-30-2016, 05:05 AM,
Ha ha ha! I remember the string story, and at the point of the search I am at, the string makes a lot of sense. He put a lot of work into his special place! He was referring to adding a little at a time to something else! LOL Look up the Fenn Monument!
The FeΩΩatic