Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Forrest goofed!
02-05-2015, 08:13 AM,
Forrest goofed!
I agree: "pine needles or Pinion nuts and tumbleweeds". Any one that eliminates any of the 4 states, based on that comment, does so at their own risk.
02-05-2015, 06:04 PM,
Forrest goofed!
Pinyon nuts would pretty much remove Wyoming and Montana from the running. If that is what Forrest wishes he hadn't said...there you have it.
-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes
02-05-2015, 06:17 PM,
Forrest goofed!
People have said Pinion is any pine nut...but what I'm seeing online is that it isn't. So if he said he doesn't mislead which he has...then that's a pretty big clue/hint.
02-05-2015, 06:20 PM,
Forrest goofed!
Big Grin

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from HIPS on February 5, 2015, 6:04 pm</b>

Pinyon nuts would pretty much remove Wyoming and Montana from the running. If that is what Forrest wishes he hadn't said...there you have it.
</div>

Namely northern NM and the Colorado Plateau.....

I believe search area was reduced even more Big Grin
02-05-2015, 06:37 PM,
Forrest goofed!
Good luck with that people...It's very risky to discount anything based on snatches of conversation from an interview... Smile
02-05-2015, 09:32 PM,
Forrest goofed!

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on February 5, 2015, 6:17 pm</b>

People have said Pinion is any pine nut...but what I'm seeing online is that it isn't. So if he said he doesn't mislead which he has...then that's a pretty big clue/hint.
</div>

Actually; pinon in Spanish does mean just that: pine nut. We just generally associate the pinon nut (pine nut nut?) with the Pinon Pine native to the South.

-T-

-T-

“I’ve said searchers should go back to the poem so many times that I don’t want to say it again here.” -ff

“The world is full of obvious things which nobody by any chance ever observes.” -Sherlock Holmes
11-21-2016, 03:28 AM,
RE: Forrest goofed!
(02-05-2015, 09:32 PM)HIPS Wrote: <div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on February 5, 2015, 6:17 pm</b>

</div>

Actually; pinon in Spanish does mean just that: pine nut. We just generally associate the pinon nut (pine nut nut?) with the Pinon Pine native to the South.

-T-

----------------------------------------------------------------------

-- And FF used the word "or". I think many folks are forgetting that, or
not understanding how this qualifies what he said as valid. My search
area does have pine trees, so I ignore the concept of pinon or pine nuts.
My search area also has sagebrush, and a view of mountains, animals, etc.
Everything I learn since I finished my solve either supports it further or
has no effect. Nothing since then has weakened it. My search area is
in a desert. And yes, the elevation is between 5,000 and 10,200 ft.
The above is just my opinion. Yours may differ. Stay safe, please.