Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Steven Shultz search in Yellowstone
06-08-2013, 09:33 PM,
This search was done by Steven Shultz who was nice enough to give his permission to post it for others to see.

Well my family vacation to Yellowstone is now complete. We traveled 8 days for 4,440 miles through 10 states, saw Mt Rushmore, Custer's Last Stand, Yellowstone, Cody WY, Thermopolis WY, and visit my son in Colorado Springs. In all we had a great time. And of course I did a little treasure hunting, but came up empty. As I promised, I will now share my solution to Mr Fenn's poem.

CLUE #1 Begin it where warm waters halt

(FF fell in love with Yellowstone; Yellowstone noted for geysiers and hot springs; Begin = first; First hot spring from Gardiner, MT (northern entrance to Yellowstone; specifically noted in book) is Mammoth Hot Springs; in Journal of a Trapper by Osborne Russell he noted how the waters from “Hourly Geysier” (Old Faithful) turned cold as soon as the water drained from the geysier)

CLUE #2 And take it in the canyon down,

(Mammoth Hot Springs ends in a lake, then into Clematis Creek, then into Gardner River. Gardner Canyon runs along Gardner River)

CLUE #3 Not far, but too far to walk.

(drive your car to the footbridge over Gardner river)

CLUE #4 Put in below the home of Brown

(Put in= enter; enter the footbridge: the start of the lava creek trail; below the home of Brown=

Brown, Joe Joe Brown discovered gold in Bear Gulch, near the park’s northern border east of Gardiner, MT in 1866. It was reported that he took out $8,000 in gold that year. He discovered gold ore on Crevasse Mountain in the 1870’s and sold out to George Eaton in 1885, who built the first quartz mill in the district. A trail up Dome Mountain, near Yankee Jim Canyon, is named after Brown.

CLUE #5 From there it’s no place for the meek,

(meek = timid, weak; Lava Creek Trail; a nature trail is hard to do)

CLUE #6 The end is ever drawing nigh;

(not a clue – the end is drawing near)

CLUE #7 There’ll be no paddle up your creek,

(Lava Creek Trail – no need for a paddle to walk the trail)

CLUE #7a Just heavy loads and water high.

(heavy loads = weighed down with emotional importance; “The Thrill of the Chase” – water high = Undine Falls: Undine is a watery nymph from Greek mythology (like the gypsies in one of his stories??))

CLUE #8 If you’ve been wise and found the blaze

(NPS trail markers are a orange diamond; blaze = torch)

CLUE #9 Look quickly down, your quest to cease,

(At a specific trail marker on lava creek trail; #65?(post mark on teasure chest is June 5th))

To my dismay the trails in Yellowstone are not marked in any way, so I did not have a proper solution to the blase clue. I quess I need to work on that one and try again some day.

Good luck to all who is still trying to "solve" the chase!
06-08-2013, 11:51 PM,
I love seeing people look in places where Forrest Fenn said the chest is not. That means they are not looking where it is hidden, giving me a better chance to find it. By all means, people, keep looking in Yellowstone National Park!
06-09-2013, 12:27 AM,
Awesome solution!
06-10-2013, 03:36 AM,
When did he say the chest is not in Yellowstone?
06-10-2013, 04:45 PM,
I think clue 6 is somewhat important.
---
100 FURLONG CLUB
06-10-2013, 06:44 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tomwhat on June 10, 2013, 04:36</b>

</div>

Mr. Fenhn stated what region of the USA, and the geological area, on the "Today" show.
06-14-2013, 07:12 PM,
I agree that Yellowstone is the place. I have located the "blaze".
06-14-2013, 08:06 PM,

<b>Quote from Desertphile on June 10, 2013, UTC 7:44 pm</b>
<div class="bbcode_quote">
<b>Quote from tomwhat on June 10, 2013, 04:36</b>

</div>

Mr. Fenhn stated what region of the USA, and the geological area, on the "Today" show.</div>
</div>

He did?
06-14-2013, 10:16 PM,
Stephanie, sure he did. I have every video downloaded on my computer. GET READY FOR DANGEROUS INTEL FROM TODAY SHOW CLUES: It's in the Rocky Mountains, above 5,000 feet sea level, dont' go digging and old outhouses, it's not associated with any structure and it's not in a cemetery. There. That should eliminate Yellowstone, right? Didn't you guys see the subliminal messages? I played the videos backwards and it was plain as day "It's not in Yellowstone. Paul is dead. Worship Satan".
06-14-2013, 11:25 PM,
LOL Steve..What are you doing that your aware of all these subliminal messages?