Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Jemez
04-23-2015, 09:41 PM,
Jemez
Spent the last 6 days searching the Jemez area. Did some very detailed searches in this area including days on Cat Mesa, Jemez river valley including all the falls and the Los Indios valley, Giesewa village area and the mission. Incredible country and incredible people, no treasure. Did do a little panning (another place un-named) and found large hunky gold. Might come back for that, but a little discouraged about not finding the chest. Have spent 5 weeks in the bush and hundreds if not thousands of hours in research on this, yup, thrill of the chase for sure. Not sorry, just have to go home to Oregon now….
04-28-2015, 07:40 PM,
Jemez
Where in the Jemez does warm waters halt? :-)
05-11-2015, 12:33 AM,
Jemez
Smile Not ready to say in public yet. It does though with a very solid physical place. Also the rest of the clues fell right into line without stretching anything to fit. Accurate locations laid out in the right progression, thought maybe this time I was there. No.
05-11-2015, 06:05 AM,
Jemez
Hunky Gold? Sounds like Fabio LOL
09-03-2015, 03:32 AM,
RE: Jemez
Desertphile: The Valles Caldera was originally owned by a family named Baca. Baca in Hebrew is directly translated to "Tears", or "warm water". Obscure enough to be "difficult but not impossible". I love this area and will definitely go back there, just to hang out in Jemez because I had an amazing time there with the people, but I don't think the chest is there. If you, or anybody else, finds it there starting with the Baca clue then save me one of those golf ball sized nuggets and we will have a beer in Jemez…. Smile
09-14-2015, 06:47 AM,
(09-03-2015, 03:32 AM)whisperer Wrote: Desertphile: The Valles Caldera was originally owned by a family named Baca. Baca in Hebrew is directly translated to "Tears", or "warm water". Obscure enough to be "difficult but not impossible". I love this area and will definitely go back there, just to hang out in Jemez because I had an amazing time there with the people, but I don't think the chest is there. If you, or anybody else, finds it there starting with the Baca clue then save me one of those golf ball sized nuggets and we will have a beer in Jemez…. Smile

This is a very cool post. I spent 10 minutes commenting on this but my damn browser lost my comments. I don't want to re-write them. I read up on the origins of the NM Baca family name. They are, at best, tenuously linked to the "Cabaza de Vaca" family of Spain. But, according to wikipedia , the connection is far from solid. I wonder if the Bacas were crypto jews? Have you ever raised this point with any NM historians?
09-14-2015, 05:16 PM,
No Jack, I haven't gone that deep. I am trying to spend my time at the clue level though I do definitely get side tracked on history sometimes…..
10-13-2015, 12:15 AM, (This post was last modified: 10-13-2015, 12:19 AM by deb.)
This is a very cool post. I spent 10 minutes commenting on this but my damn browser lost my comments. I don't want to re-write them. I read up on the origins of the NM Baca family name. They are, at best, tenuously linked to the "Cabaza de Vaca" family of Spain. But, according to wikipedia , the connection is far from solid. I wonder if the Bacas were crypto jews? Have you ever raised this point with any NM historians?
[/quote]

That was an interesting read. Crypto Judaism is prevalent in NM. I believe there are even some genetic disorders found in the NM population of catholics that are tied to being of Jewish decent. More research for me on days when my vision isnt double.lol

Thank you. Smile

(04-28-2015, 07:40 PM)Desertphile Wrote: Where in the Jemez does warm waters halt? :-)

I could tell you but then I would have to kill you. Smile ( Joke people, he has met me, knows I am no threat to anyone.)
Shhh they aren't listening.
11-01-2015, 09:03 AM,
(10-13-2015, 12:15 AM)deb Wrote: ...Crypto Judaism is prevalent in NM. I believe there are even some genetic disorders found in the NM population of catholics that are tied to being of Jewish decent. More research for me on days when my vision isnt double.lol

Fascinating. I can't wait to hear more.