Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Mechanism
05-01-2015, 01:08 PM,
The Mechanism
The Mechanism (5/01/15)

I recently decided to throw out the poem. I stand before you now, poemless but confident, ready to conduct new searches in the luminous sunshine of hope and expectation.

I have used up the poem’s usefulness. It showed me the lessons I needed to learn and I learned them. The main one being that everything mentioned in the poem is a lie. Water is not water, wood is not wood, Brown is not a color. On and on, lie after lie. Forrest the liar. Forrest the jailer, the torturer, Forrest the demon of my nightmares.

Or is it just Forrest the Puzzler, a jolly ol’ grandpa teasing his grandchildren?

“The Puzzler was a villain and enemy of Batman in the 1960s television series. He was portrayed by actor Maurice Evans (Planet of the Apes, Dr. Zaius).

Not much is known of the Puzzler's background. He is constantly quoting lines from plays, mostly Macbeth. He also has an interest in flying, as most of his crimes have an aviation theme. Like the Riddler, the Puzzler keeps the Dynamic Duo baffled by his puzzling clues.

His first clue was delivered to Batman via a remote-controlled toy plane and then by a balloon. He soon made plans to get his hands on a supersonic plane called "The Retsoor" owned by multimillionaire Artemus Knab.” (from batman.wikia.com) Retsoor = Rooster

Here is what I use now. This is the distilled essence of the poem’s heart: The Directions.

1. Determine the home of Brown

2. Determine wwwh

3. Follow the path that leaves wwwh

4. Enter the area below the HoB.

5. Recognize the blaze

6. Take the chest

These steps are not descriptions of the Big Nine, but they obviously came from the poem, after I sliced and diced and threw away the bits that didn’t start with action verbs.

Number One is important because Forrest said so. At one of his interview events someone asked him what the home of Brown might be. He answered, “If I told you, you’d go straight to the treasure.” This isn’t exactly true, but solving the HoB puzzle does indeed tell us which state/province to begin our search in. This is deeply, deeply important. It eliminates a million square miles of search area.

Here is your challenge for today: Why haven’t you determined the home of Brown? What’s the matter with you? Don’t you care? Are you incapable of thinking like Forrest? (I am shaming you here, definitely.) 

You need a Mechanism of Solution. Kind of like Dr. Watson in the Sherlock Holmes stories. Watson was not a detective genius, but Holmes often told him that even though he was not luminous, he was often the conductor of the light that led Holmes to his triumphs. This challenge may be the conductor to your triumph over the villain Brown.

For the next 24 hours, spend your time deciphering the Brown clue. I’ll throw out a link for you. It’s from Dal’s site but don’t let that scare you away. It doesn’t contain a clue, but it may help to decipher Brown. If you’re serious about the search then 24 hours is the least you could do. Not a solid 24 hours, but intermittently. Put it on your list of things to dream about tonight.

[url] http://dalneitzel.com/tag/palettes/ [/url]

Study the images. Study what Forrest says about them. Do some google searches on all the things that come to your mind when you gaze at the images. Look up the definitions of even the commonest terms that come to mind. Read Tea with Olga. Review Forrest’s business experience and study the items he truly came to love and cherish. Read about his dearest friends since his move to Santa Fe.

Now leave the computer for a while. Go about your day and take care of business. As you do, keep the images in mind. Ask yourself these kinds of questions: What else is Forrest telling us here besides his love for collecting and keeping mementos from people that became dear to him? How did he use this experience to create the poem and its clues? What the hell is the damned home of Brown?

I could come right out and tell you what I think the HoB means but I don’t think you’d believe me. You have to unravel the linen canvas of the fraudulent painting to reveal the genuine masterpiece beneath. You’ll believe it then because you arrived at the answer on your own. And you’ll hear Forrest chuckling in the background so you know it’s the right answer. You’ll be a genius.

So come back here tomorrow around 9 am MDT (mountain desertphile time) and report your findings. Don’t tell anyone else on chase chat that you’re doing this. The fewer people that figure out the answer, the better. Mum’s the word. Try to answer these questions in your report:

1) This exercise helped me get closer to the HoB solution

2) This exercise convinces me that there is no chest or treasure

3) This exercise was a total waste of time and I curse your children and your children’s children forever; and I curse your DNA!

4) You’re a genius! I’m a genius! I have figured out the HoB clue! How much money can I send you when I find the chest?

"Really, Watson, you excel yourself," said Holmes, pushing back his chair and lighting a cigarette. "I am bound to say that in all the accounts which you have been so good as to give of my own small achievements you have habitually underrated your own abilities. It may be that you are not yourself luminous, but you are a conductor of light. Some people without possessing genius have a remarkable power of stimulating it. I confess, my dear fellow that I am very much in your debt." (Hound of the Baskervilles)

05-02-2015, 06:48 AM,
The Mechanism
@Larsonist,

That's too much thinking for one day however I did try a different approach and it was eye opening and funny. F said to give the poem to a child. I gave it to an 80 year old man instead. I asked him that if he was going to hide a treasure where would he hide it and that it had to be somewhere that was special to him, north of Santa Fe in the Rocky Mountains and would surprise everyone when found. I showed him the map. He said, "Well, I sure as sh*t wouldn't hide it in the state where I lived. I'd hide it as far away as possible." I said," That would be up near Canada! He said, "Yea." I asked him WWWH and he said, "Canada." So there you have it. I'll ask my "know it all" nephew next.
05-02-2015, 07:24 AM,
The Mechanism
Larson followed your instructions precisely. Sorry to say I am leaning towards number 3. Strangely though I think I was hanging out with Benedict Cumberbatch and Robert Downey Jr in my dreams. Could this mean something?
05-02-2015, 07:41 AM,
The Mechanism
Just a tip....nah, never mind, that's too easy. More coffee, pass the creme and sugar please...but not that blewbell stuff...no listeria for me today thank you.
------------------------------
"Abandon all hope, all ye who enter here."
12-21-2016, 02:34 AM, (This post was last modified: 12-21-2016, 07:15 AM by old drum.)
RE: The Mechanism
[doesn't do much good to offer advice on old comments from people who no longer use the site - sometimes because they were banned for trolling - OD]