Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sheridan Wyoming
05-14-2015, 08:34 AM,
Sheridan Wyoming
It became an annual ritual for Forrest to take a room in Sheridan, Wyoming?

Found an article where F would go there so was this during the Yellowstone times or during the Gallery times does anyone know?

Keywords:

Cloud

Glacier

Bighorn

Bozeman

Custer

Crazy Horse

Cheyenne

Sioux

Red Cloud

Sitting Bull

Splendid Heritage!

Interesting? I seem to have missed the curve on this and don't remember seeing much on Sheridan?

05-15-2015, 06:10 PM,
Sheridan Wyoming
Sheridan, WY is I am told a playground for the rich in some ways, much polo played there, beautiful horses and ranches, gorgeous scenery and not so many flatland touristers...Very historical city as well, it lies in the heart of plains Indians territory...He probably did a lot of collecting of artifacts and selling of art there...I think this would have been later when he owned his gallery, not when he was a boy in West YS... Smile
05-15-2015, 09:13 PM,
Sheridan Wyoming
Thanks Sam the Man I didn't think anyone was interested. Sheridan is like 4 hours from Yellowstone and I also think he went there later in life like during gallery times and that part of his life is rather sketchy. PTN has probably looked around there but something tells me that the chest may lie close to here. Does any think it looks promising because it was later in his life and has so much Indian history? Anyone want to clue me in?
05-18-2015, 02:48 PM,
Sheridan Wyoming
There wasn't always money there, just in the last 15-20 years. The "joke" around the state was" the billionaires ran the millionaires out of Jackson"...they discovered Sheridan. In yesterday's paper it was reported that the Sheridan Inn is finally reopening after being closed for decades. Very historic! There's also a higschool girl named Julia Fenn who will be a senior next year. She has won the 4-A girls tennis title for the last 3 years. My theory is she's Skippy's great grand daughter or maybe more "greats". Fenn is an easy name, but not a common name. the Fenn family up there can easily be relatives.

There's really not that many polo matches played up there. The Queen's main horse guy is from the area...his family is still in the area. About 30 years ago the Queen actually visited there...even went to King Ropes, downtown. I don't remember any galleries back then as there were in Cody and Jackson, t some have probably cropped up. I haven't been up there in ages...just by it on the Interstate.

For any Longmire fans, the annual Longmire Days will be held in Buffalo (about 40 miles south of Sheridan) on July 17-19. You can get the schedule of events from the C of Commerce. Everyone shows up except Lou Diamond who is always somewhere else...maybe this year

05-18-2015, 05:41 PM,
Sheridan Wyoming
Thanks for the info ksteph... Smile
05-18-2015, 07:35 PM,
Sheridan Wyoming
Your welcome!
05-19-2015, 07:48 PM,
Sheridan Wyoming
Hey ksteph, by the by, I'll be coming to Wyoming next month to have my look see in my spot...Would appreciate some weather reports now and again. especially about when the snow finally leaves the high mtns...Seems another storm brought more snow thru just today from what I saw on the weather channel...Don't want to say just yet when I plan on heading that way, but must wait for the snow to melt away... Tks... Smile
05-21-2015, 08:28 AM,
Sheridan Wyoming
No problem! The only news around this state seems to be the weather, road conditions and tourists getting in trouble in YNP. We had snow two nights ago. South Pass was closed for a while, but the snow has melted in Casper but a lot remains on Casper Mtn. Muddy Mtn, just south of Casper Mtn must still be closed. They announced that Snowy Mtn Byway and Battle Hwy have opened. The Hwy Dept will be working their way north opening other closed roads.

We had a lot more snow last winter and the roads didn't open until early or mid June. We jumped the gun and went to a newly opened area only to find that we couldn't search anywhere because it was either too muddy or too much snow was still there. We have rain/thunderstorms in the forecast for the next week with highs in the 50's to low 60's. I'd really like to plant some flowers at some point. Not much of a spring. I'll keep you posted!

05-21-2015, 06:09 PM,
Sheridan Wyoming
Thanks bunches ksteph...Can't ask for better than that I think... Smile