Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full of Warm Waters Halt
08-01-2013, 03:06 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
There's a lot of debate about what the blaze can be. Keep your eyes and mind open when you are out in the field. Look for anything that is out of the ordinary. Anything man made, a marking, a carving, a pile of rocks. Anything arranged naturally but in an unusual way, trees, sticks, watermarks.
08-01-2013, 04:52 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
again well said tomwhat
08-01-2013, 04:54 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
here is my opinion look for bottle caps nailed into a tree stump
10-11-2013, 12:14 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
The Blaze is devils slide duh in gardiner mt good luck all
10-11-2013, 06:10 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
NOT
10-11-2013, 07:31 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
We all know about the Devil's slide stoneman. It's been mentioned many times before, almost as much as Eagle's Nest, NM
10-12-2013, 12:54 AM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
have u looked in the yellowstone river yet???? near devils slide anyone with a metal detector????

10-12-2013, 07:40 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
If memory serves correctly...Mr. Fenn said the box was exposed to the elements and could be scorched by fire...this would preclude being in water in any location, would it not? Especially in moving water where a flood condition could possibly destroy the box and contents, or completely bury it forever under stones or debris.

Personally I believe the "blaze" is on a smaller scale and will only be recognized when a seeker walks up to it and is within touching distance. The form it may take is myriad in scope, but the "wise" one will know it for what it is.
10-13-2013, 07:42 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
Not that I believe it's buried or in the water, but Forrest has NEVER stated it's exposed to the elements. You are quoting the DailyBeast reporter Tony and not Forrest. Forrest has went out of his way to repudiate the article as being full of mis-quotes and inaccurate facts.

10-13-2013, 09:16 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
If I misspoke, I will be the first to admit it, I will go back and check that out Newbie, thanks.