Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Full of Warm Waters Halt
10-23-2013, 07:12 AM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from samsmith on October 23, 2013, 8:01 am</b>

Not an argument there Newbie...the premise behind this chase is "the thrill"...Mr. Fenn answers little or nothing directly because he would give away too much doing so...He wants us to do it on our own, experience our own "thrill"...it would simply lessen it to have help from him.
</div>

Nicely said Sam, This is why I never understood folks getting upset at the "useless clue" statement. We have the story, we have the poem, try his challenge to out wit him and enjoy the thrills he has had. What more do folks really need. It is very interesting to me the different ways, approach, and theories folks have from reading this forum and others on how to solve the poem. when all is said and done, as you said, " experience our own thrill", is what it is all about.
10-23-2013, 08:23 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
yess ,agreed d
12-02-2013, 08:56 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
Water consists of two elements which or in the Periodic Table of Elements: Oxygen and Hydrogen. Whether or not Mr. Fenn said the treasure was exposed to the elements is not for me say, but I do believe a chest hidden in water is a chest hidden in the elements.
12-02-2013, 09:55 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt

<b>Quote from samsmith on October 23, 2013, 8:01 am</b>

He wants us to do it on our own, experience our own "thrill"...it would simply lessen it to have help from him.
</div>

I agree 100%!

Always,

A_The_A
12-02-2013, 11:32 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
I've felt that the whole reason he chose the box was because of the materials it consisted of. He knows bronze and it's properties since he owned a foundry. So if you reverse engineer his thinking.... the fact he chose bronze. Why would that material be so important? I believe he has said it's in the "elements"...yes water would be one.
12-16-2013, 12:29 AM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
Wow...I think you are all sooo far off base! The blaze can not be hell because Fenn would have had to die and take the trove with him too hide it there and then come back to life to write the poem. And as far as a waste treatment plant, the word brown is capitalized meaning it is a proper name of a person, place or thing. And oh please give me a break...does the crap in the bottom of an outhouse deserve enough respect to be capitalizes? I don't think so!
01-30-2014, 07:49 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
Im thinking that warm waters halt is where the madison gibbon and firehole rivers converger in summer at the hebgen dam am i wrong????
01-30-2014, 08:28 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
Some say it is and some say they dont believe Forrest wouldnt make it that easy for us to find so it is more like what you believe.
05-30-2014, 07:25 PM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt
Heading waaaay North. I'l wave to our Canadian friends.
06-09-2014, 11:40 AM,
Full of Warm Waters Halt

<b>Quote from stoneman_65704 on January 30, 2014, 7:49 pm</b>

Im thinking that warm waters halt is where the madison gibbon and firehole rivers converger in summer at the hebgen dam am i wrong????
</div>

There's a remote place NW of West Yellowstone in Beaverhead... Warm Springs Creek eventually empties into the Ruby, but at various points intersects with Still Creek and Timber Creek, somewhere below Brown Bear and Cinnamon Bear Creeks. The probability is considered lower that these fit the poem because of the distance tolerance, but they once popped up on my search app as a potential "proximity cluster". Good luck in Montana.