Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
FF Gives Title to the Gold, but What About the Rest?!
07-01-2015, 12:09 PM,
In his poem, FF gives the one who finds the treasure title to the gold in the chest, but what about the bronze chest itself and all the other non-gold items in it?

The man LOVES bronze, there has to be a reason he just says gold in the poem, IMO.
Have you ever solved a $50,000 arm chair treasure hunt, went to the exact spot it was at in Hot Springs, Arkansas to retrieve it, look at the exact rock it was under, and then decide to instead walk over it on two different occasions? Well, I have.
07-01-2015, 01:43 PM,
I was curious about that myself. I'm not a lawyer but it's a possibility that if the box is found after Fenn's death that his estate attorney

can sue the finder for the non-gold contents and box and make it part of Fenn's estate if there is no provision for it in his will. Whoever finds it better have a good lawyer as well as a good accountant.
07-01-2015, 02:19 PM,
Best case scenario is Forrest left a letter saying all contents are presented as a gift and date and sign it.

Then the estate will have to pay the taxes for it (NOT THE FINDER) and have no legal right to the contents or the chest.

07-01-2015, 04:22 PM,
Forrest says that he thought of everything....

Why would we be surprised if Forrest didn't add a twist to it all? I'm amazed at how adept he is at keeping secrets....I've said it before...Perhaps the chest and contents (not just the bracelet) go to Forrest and the finder is "very pleased" with Door #2. Who wouldn't be pleased with the "chest" going to a museum and the finder living "happily ever after"? Just saying...

Heading to a beautiful place...Lake George (NY)...for the July 4th celebration! Enjoy everyone!

07-01-2015, 05:17 PM,
so how does this work exactly. Forrest said he took it in, in 2 trips. the bronze chest and then the contents.

so when we find it, we call up Fenn and ask if we can take the whole thing, and then he says "No, i told you in the poem you can have the Gold only !!!"

this post makes me want to go beat my head into a brick wall. thanks

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
Wink I give you title to the gold mrmagicarovrumrebel 56 4,750 12-14-2017, 07:11 AM
Last Post: monkeyking
  A Life-Time Of Rest I KEEP MY SECRETS 1 811 03-29-2017, 01:29 PM
Last Post: Urban_Archaeologist
  Title of the Poem jbensi 6 1,656 10-28-2016, 05:33 AM
Last Post: Puzzle X
  Putting the Double Omegas to Rest djjmciv 16 5,615 10-09-2015, 09:26 AM
Last Post: Hammertime
  The Blaze = Fenn's Fly fishing Rest Spot djjmciv 11 4,751 10-04-2015, 12:23 PM
Last Post: admin
  I give you title to the gold jdh 24 7,064 09-07-2015, 08:24 AM
Last Post: mrknow