Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Casting - Is it a hoax?
07-01-2015, 01:05 PM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
This thread should be made sticky by admin!
07-01-2015, 05:47 PM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
I knew it! Did I not say it before? F wants to watch searchers fail in the chase. Ultimate entertainment for him but we need more clues from him to even consider something like that.

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
07-01-2015, 06:17 PM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
Generally they want the wackiest and most difficult people who can't get along.

Say we send Davis and Crazy out!

07-01-2015, 06:50 PM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
I nominate you Ricky! Just to make sure things stay interesting...
07-01-2015, 07:13 PM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Ricky Nowak on July 1, 2015, 7:17 pm</b>

Generally they want the wackiest and most difficult people who can't get along.

Say we send Davis and Crazy out!
</div>

Davis has no interest. I'm in this to win it. No time for phony "reality" show and excessive drama BS. The treasure will never be found by people who have been "cast" for the part. Let alone having to drag producers, camera men and sound men along for the trip. Leave me out of it. Crazy might be interested though. The producers will love all the unnecessary drama she'll bring to the table.

mdavis19
07-01-2015, 07:22 PM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
mdavis is there any part of you that considers Forrest filled a chest...showed it off to people and then liquidated it rather then hid it so that he would become a legend? Just curious, because I know you've been in this so long. I'm back on that as the greater possibility after going over things he's said to me.
07-01-2015, 07:48 PM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from admin on July 1, 2015, 8:22 pm</b>

mdavis is there any part of you that considers Forrest filled a chest...showed it off to people and then liquidated it rather then hid it so that he would become a legend? Just curious, because I know you've been in this so long. I'm back on that as the greater possibility after going over things he's said to me.
</div>

No. He got great value for money. There's no reason for him not to have actually done it. I figure he could easily afford to have hidden the treasure. He wouldn't even miss it in terms of cost. The chest is filled with things he collected over a lifetime and acquired at a tiny fraction of their current value. It essentially cost him nothing to hide it. He's already rich. Liquidating the treasure wouldn't make him a significant amount of money. Probably far less than 1 million. He doesn't need it. Much of the value of the treasure comes from its association with the chase. That's why I've always said any finder trying to quietly liquidate the treasure on the down-low to avoid taxes or fame will only realize a small fraction of its potential value. The same goes for Forrest himself liquidating it quietly. He'd only get chump change for it, and run the serious risk of being exposed as a fraud. Not worth the risk in my opinion.

Don't fall into the trap of believing that since you haven't been able to find it, it must not actually be there. I've always thought you were too quick to head off searching before fully thinking through your solutions (if you don't mind a little constructive criticism). You are dangerous. Your tendency to head for the mountains with weak solves hurts you. On the other hand, your fearless and immediate striking out for the mountains the minute you get a new idea makes you potentially dangerous to the rest of us too, if you should ever manage to put all the pieces together correctly. On the whole though, I recommend you think more and search less. And try to put your past experiences with Forrest and Dal behind you so you can think about the problem more objectively.

mdavis19
07-01-2015, 07:58 PM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
07-01-2015, 07:59 PM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
I believe he found a truly awesome hiding spot big enough for his body and the chest such that you will likely never find it even if you came within a dozen feet or so. You are right about him wanting to be a legend but the next best thing to not putting it out there is to put it where no one else can find it. He often said he hopes people will enjoy reading his tales 500 years from now and by then maybe the earth has moved enough to finally reveal the way to the long lost chest.

"Let me tell you something else. I've seen a lot of spinals solves, Dude, and this guy is a fake. A ****ing goldbricker." -Walter Sobchack
07-01-2015, 08:08 PM,
Casting - Is it a hoax?
This has nothing to do with me not finding it. It has to do with things he's said to me. Also there is a reason for him to not have actually hid it. He'd go down in history with people saying his name. He'd be a legend. I agree he could afford to hide it. He knew that would give him credibility.

Weak solves? All our solves are weak now aren't they? I think you'd be surprised how well thought out mine can be that I never talked about though.

I don't plan on going out again to search. I've been curious your stance on it...so thanks for explaining.

It's who they think you are.....

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Ruh roh...Linda is back. Its a hoax! romeofoxtrot 14 1,391 08-31-2016, 07:17 PM
Last Post: timberwolf
  Dal's view of the hoax issue DaisyMae 58 5,841 08-20-2016, 08:36 PM
Last Post: Sourdough
Big Grin No HOAX folks?? Project Why 16 1,075 08-17-2016, 01:33 PM
Last Post: fundamental design
  Hoax? Kpro 92 6,696 07-28-2016, 08:21 PM
Last Post: Hammertime
  For those who think its a hoax. Hammertime 0 297 07-22-2016, 10:44 AM
Last Post: Hammertime
  Is TTOTC a hoax? Buddy Allen 202 33,935 10-16-2015, 09:12 PM
Last Post: Buddy Allen