Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The Prospect of Leadville Clue List
07-17-2015, 06:58 PM,
I said I was going to post our story here. Here is the short form clue/hint list for those that don't want to go to hoD and read our entire story:

1. Wise--owl surrounding Leadville formed in part by Prospect Mountain and the Mosquito portion of the Tenmile-Mosquito Range.

2. Begin it WWWH and take it in the canyon down--begin the journey on the owl on the Tenmile-Mosquito Range where it is divided by the CD in the region of Fremont Pass and take CO91 south to Leadville.

3. Put in below the home of Brown, there'll be no paddle up your creek, just heavy loads and water high--follow the route of the Yak tunnel which runs below Leadville, which was used to move ore on rails, which was used for drainage, to the search area on the face of the owl.

4. From there it's no place for the meek--mining district east of Leadville.

5. The end is ever drawing nigh--search area is near the end of the Yak tunnel between omegas on both sides of you.

6. Wise, blaze, look down--notch in Prospect Mountain eye of owl or white streak on owl's face/eye.

7. You've found the blaze, look quickly down your quest to cease, just take the chest and go in peace--"woodsman" bending over inside "V"-shaped roads, former railroad grades, looking or having looked in a particular direction.

8. I've done it tired--ff first stopped there on trip back with Skippy.

9. Hear me all and listen good--"nesting" bird and "flying" bird are listening to you and the "woodsman."

10. Effort will be worth the cold--high altitude.

11. Brave and in the wood--in the woods, among tree stumps and logs that were the result of the mining activities.

12. Riches old and new--gold; Fortune mine.

[Image: 16pw9-topo_map.JPG]

[Image: 57709-aerial_owl.JPG]
07-17-2015, 07:02 PM,
Here is part of the route of the Yak tunnel and the aerial view of the search area:

[Image: 43v2c-Map-CO-Yak-Zoom.JPG]

[Image: 310yv-LeadvilleMines2a.JPG]
07-17-2015, 07:10 PM,
Picture of the blaze from halfway up Breece Hill

[Image: 9z694-Blaze_IMG_1022_resize.jpg]