Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone
07-11-2014, 12:29 PM,
Yellowstone
That's another point. so many people go there, but only very few go off the main trails. The only part I don't like about the treasure in Yellowstone is that it can be dangerous if you are a fool in some areas, and it is a place full of tourists, meaning overpriced gift shops with fake native American dream catchers and carvings and key chains and t-shirts with pictures of bears or Old Faithful on them and everything. But I don't think it was as popular as it was in the days Fenn used to go there as it is today.

But really, if you want odd thermal features that you never knew existed (maybe a WWWH for some) then Yellowstone is the place for you to find some. Or is that what Fenn wants us to think to keep us far from finding it? We can only know for sure when someone finds it and tells us where.
07-11-2014, 02:09 PM,
Yellowstone
I just read his Q&A and he said that Yellowstone is an area to stay on the trails... that's pretty bad because I don't think he would hide his treasure too close to well-worn trails.
07-12-2014, 03:04 AM,
Yellowstone
The reason I still like Yellowstone is that he explored the area as a kid on a bike. Back before all the rules. Sure maybe you weren't supposed to hike off trails, but there weren't so many rangers back then. Or maybe there were. He would know the places where you could duck off behind a bush and go explore without Ranger Rick breathing down your neck. He sure paints himself as being the kind of kid that didn't follow the rules and would blaze his own path.

heh, I sed blaze.
07-12-2014, 05:53 AM,
Yellowstone
IMO Yellowstone is not the hiding place...Because he said he is spiritual rather than religious, I would think his secret place was not remembered from his Baptist boy and teen years of high adventure, but rather a place he discovered later in life when he had more purpose and intent driving his roaming's around the west... Smile
07-12-2014, 07:03 AM,
Yellowstone
I think it's more likely West Yellowstone, on the boundry of YNP. If you go all up 191 there is plenty of area to get to the water without a hiking trail and that's where part of the petrified forest(brave and in the wood)is.
07-12-2014, 03:04 PM,
Yellowstone
Thanks, Steph-

For that little bit of reminder. I had forgotten about the piece of petrified wood that I found on top of "the cold". I had used the petrified wood correlation to "brave and in the wood" at another location but not this last (best) one. Now I've just got to go back out and find the right "spot."
(Do I really have to say IMO all the time?)
07-12-2014, 06:01 PM,
Yellowstone

If you are looking in YELLOWSTONE, you might be searching for GOO... "BRONZE GOO", "GOLD GOO", in amongst the "asphalt GOO"...

It's NOT a summer-time thing (this could happen in winter as well)...

The park says extreme heat from thermal areas is causing hot oil to bubble to the surface of <b>Firehole Lake Drive</b>

[Image: yellowstone-melted-road.jpg]

Thanks to the 60-Mile wide YELLOWSTONE CALDERA...

Come on you FIREWALKERS... tip-toe through the tulips with you...

07-13-2014, 03:06 AM,
Yellowstone
I was on the Chase walking along a not-hidden, but seldom used trail in Yellowstone. No one in sight a few hundred yards after I passed what I took as the forth clue. Bumbling along the trail I hear a growl, deep in the woods. I freeze. My heart races. The adrenaline pumps. A bear? Of course. I pull my bear spray from my hip holster and look around. The growl I can't describe it.. it seems to come from everywhere after that last small hill. I scan the woods before me, the trail behind me, to the sides. There it is, taunting me. In an act of bravery, or desperation, or fear, I slowly creep along. It gets louder, closer, but never waivers. What's this? A bridge. Of course, the bear is under the bridge, ravaging a honeycomb or berry bush. I approach from the side. Burbling boiling mud from one of the many geothermic areas in the Park.

Hours later I return, this time the other way, from the woods. I hear a growl, deep in the woods. I freeze. My heart races. The adrenaline pumps. A bear? Of course. I pull my bear spray from my hip holster and look around..
07-15-2014, 12:22 PM,
Yellowstone
I heard om the radio that that road reopened today.
02-10-2015, 04:09 PM,
Yellowstone
If you read TTOTC & TFTW you will find out how much time FF spent in Yellowstone during the Summers.He loved fishing as did his Father. He took his daughters there and showed them where he used to skinny dip in the FireHole River. I really think that the treasure is in some cave or crevas in Yellowstone. I was a Park Ranger there one summer long ago and have been back twice since then. I think that I have a pretty good idea where to look if I can leave my dental surgical practice in Georgia and spend some time poking around the West Yellowstone side of the park where Forest spent his young years because, it's the thrill of the chase isn't it?