Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Yellowstone
02-11-2015, 04:52 PM,
Yellowstone
@lbalford glad to see you here... especially like minded folks. I agree that the summers spent in the west Yellowstone area are emotional and of importance to ff and the chase. I searched IN Yellowstone for a few days, and have made 6 trips to the area. I really have enjoyed this puzzle. Me and the kids had a blast searching so far.. just like ff said, getting them off the games and out seeing and doing has been great
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω
02-12-2015, 12:21 PM,
Yellowstone
Grizzlies are waking up. One was spotted yesterday "dining" om a bison carcass. WY has had a pretty mild winter overall which is probably the reason.
02-12-2015, 08:01 PM,
Yellowstone
hmmmm maybe I'll go mid may
Ω 200 ft. Club Ω
06-26-2015, 04:05 PM,
Yellowstone
They reported on the news that people entering the Park was up by 24% in May. And the hotels in Cody are filling up fast. If you plan tto camp, get reservations for camping spots in the Park.
08-24-2015, 04:27 PM,
RE: Yellowstone
Oil City News just posted a picture on FB taken recently in YNP showing a grizz and two cubs in the middle of a paved road surrounded by people taking pictures.Bison gore you...bears kill you! Think, people!
09-05-2015, 12:53 PM,
(07-11-2014, 01:06 AM)tomwhat Wrote: The treasure does not need to be in Yellowstone. At first I wanted it to be there because it would be all nice and tidy for it to be there. But then I realized that as long as the poem can be interpreted to lead to Yellowstone then that accomplishes the goal; it gets people there, looking around, exploring the sights, the hidden wonders off the main trails.

My personal feeling is that it is in Yellowstone. Why? In FF's second book To Far To Walk, in the prologue he describes a fishing trip he went on in Yellowstone. He walked the Madison River for 3 days fishing. 10 river miles he said. He exited the water at Bakers Hole Campgrounds. At the end of the story he stated that he never made it back to do it again and that today it is "To Far To Walk". In the poem full of clues to the treasure he states "not far but to far to walk". If that isn't telling us all that it is in Yellowstone then I don't know what is.
09-12-2015, 07:39 PM, (This post was last modified: 09-12-2015, 07:41 PM by glock20.)
(03-11-2015, 04:31 PM)PL289 Wrote: be careful out there searchers...animals do attack

http://www.cnn.com/videos/us/2015/03/07/...s-suv.ktwo

That's an AWESOME VIDEO!!!!!!! HA! WOW!!!!! I guess you could think about throwing your car in reverse if no one was behind you. A 2,000 pound Bison ramming your car and caught on Video.. Tough to beat that!

Now to beat it... If it was a little Smart Car or FIAT or a Prius!!! and a Bison Rolled it!!!!!!!!! that would be classic! OMG!!! I wouldn't know whether to crap my pants or beep the horn.. probably both! LOL!

Over the summer, I had a Black Bear bust out my driver's side window on my Chevy Tahoe.. but the sneaky guy did it at Night under the cover of darkness.... He broke my window, entered my truck, grabbed the wife's home made cookies (bag was found near a tree) and that was it! No other damage... just a $140 window replaced. I was LUCKY!!!!!!!!!!!!!
10-05-2015, 09:11 AM,
As reported in today's paper, the Beartooth Hwy which runs from YNP to Red Lodge, MT is now closed for the season. Our high temps went from very hot last weekend to darned right cold this weekend. Such is life in Wyoming, but it beats the flooding in N and S Carolina...