Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Trips?
07-31-2013, 03:10 PM,
Two Trips?
I've seen it written that Forrest took two trips to hide the treasure. Is this something he actually said somewhere? Or is it just another unfounded rumor?

mdavis19
08-01-2013, 10:20 AM,
Two Trips?
I read thats what he did but I cant remember where
08-01-2013, 12:45 PM,
Two Trips?
I've wondered that very same thing. I don't think he ever stated that he made two trips, but he has made remarks about it being somewhere an old guy could carry 42 lbs. Would be interested if there is a quote to the contrary somewhere.

08-01-2013, 12:46 PM,
Two Trips?
PS I have trouble carrying 40 lb bags of salt very far.
08-01-2013, 03:13 PM,
Two Trips?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from mdavis19 on July 31, 2013, 4:10 pm</b>

I've seen it written that Forrest took two trips to hide the treasure. Is this something he actually said somewhere? Or is it just another unfounded rumor?

mdavis19
</div>
It is just a rumor.There are alot of them with this hunt.Some people make it their habit to spread rumor and get subtle assistants.

They create their own reality.

And others make believe with them.

If he did do 2 trips,I would say he buried a bell on one trip and hid the chest on the other.

So if you find a bell don't forget to ring it,ding a ling.
08-01-2013, 03:41 PM,
Two Trips?
I'll let you all know if I need 2 trips to retrieve it.. Smile
08-01-2013, 11:29 PM,
Two Trips?
@ knowitall,

I thought you would have done a little better research considering your name.

Scrapbook Twenty Nine on Dal’s blog Fenn writes:

<i>I received a nice letter today from a delightful woman in Colorado Springs. Her name is Jeannie. She said she was in the grocery store and looked at a bag of dogfood that weighed 20 pounds so she put two of them together to see if she could lift them (the treasure weighs 42 pounds) she said she couldn’t budge the two bags. Maybe that’s why a 79 year old man had to make two trips to hide the treasure.</i> f

http://dalneitzel.com/2013/03/26/scrapbook-twenty-nine/
08-01-2013, 11:43 PM,
Two Trips?
Hi, Goofy. I remember FF saying that in an interview also. Might have been with Lorene Mills, but I'm not sure. I do recall wondering if he meant 2 trips from car-to-treasure & back twice or if he meant from home-to-treasure twice, maybe on different days. It wasn't really clear to me. Do we know which is true without assuming?
08-02-2013, 12:09 AM,
Two Trips?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Goofy_Old_Guy on August 2, 2013, 12:29 am</b>

@ knowitall,

I thought you would have done a little better research considering your name.

Scrapbook Twenty Nine on Dal’s blog Fenn writes:

<i>I received a nice letter today from a delightful woman in Colorado Springs. Her name is Jeannie. She said she was in the grocery store and looked at a bag of dogfood that weighed 20 pounds so she put two of them together to see if she could lift them (the treasure weighs 42 pounds) she said she couldn’t budge the two bags. Maybe that’s why a 79 year old man had to make two trips to hide the treasure.</i> f

http://dalneitzel.com/2013/03/26/scrapbook-twenty-nine/
</div>
Maybe you just did not read the maybe,just maybe.

08-02-2013, 12:50 AM,
Two Trips?
C’mon knowitall……..he said “maybe that’s why”. So maybe that is why or maybe it’s not why……… “<i>a 79 year old man had to make two trips to hide the treasure</i>”.

Fact according to Fenn……. <i>a 79 year old man had to make two trips to hide the treasure</i>.

Seems like a simple statement to me. You can certainly choose not to believe him, but that is what he said.