Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Two Trips?
01-21-2014, 01:00 PM,
Two Trips?

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from Seeker on January 21, 2014, 11:24 am</b>

Half? never heard that word used. but if you use the amount of 22 troy pounds - chest and contents{42lbs.} = 20 lbs { for the chest}in simple math, yes, then approx. 1/2.

The statement he made was in response to an e-mail a woman, explaining how she try to carry 2 20lb bags of dog food and how difficult it would be. FF being FF could have just replied maybe two trips, for the simple reason she had two bags. And now we are talking about it as it is a fact of what he did.
</div>
Seeker I have read somewhere that a Troy pound was less than a pound and tha the Troy pounds of gold was something like 16 pounds
01-21-2014, 01:09 PM,
Two Trips?
I'm only going by what was reference to the weight of the gold in the chest. Your right, troy weight used for gold is just less than an ounce and less than a pound. Using just pounds for the contents, the remaining weight would be the chest itself.

01-21-2014, 01:13 PM,
Two Trips?
Dont worry cause if I didnt read it somewhere I wouldnt know either.
01-21-2014, 01:36 PM,
Two Trips?

<b>Quote from duncan on January 21, 2014, 12:54 pm</b>

did Mr. Fenn say he after he hid the chest,he stayed at the location for 3 days? d
</div>

That would be a very interesting statement if true. I have not heard this before, do you know more on this statement? where or when you may have heard it?
01-21-2014, 01:44 PM,
Two Trips?
im not sure Seeker,maybe I read it on Dals blog..not sure,could be my brain playing tricks on me..gtgtwn. cya d
01-21-2014, 04:35 PM,
Two Trips?
A troy ounce is more than our standard ounce. There are only 12 troy ounces in a troy pound. So yes, a troy pound is less than our standard pound of 16 ounces.
--TW
01-21-2014, 09:51 PM,
Two Trips?
I dont remember any quote anywhere about having spent three days where he hid the treasure.
Shhh they aren't listening.
01-21-2014, 10:02 PM,
Two Trips?
I coulda sworn I saw that on Dals,maybe a blogger posted it ,and I thought Dal said it,sorry if that confused anyone..I confuse myself on a quite regular basis..heheh!! d ;;;Wink
01-23-2014, 11:33 PM,
Two Trips?

<b>Quote from Seeker on January 21, 2014, 1:09 pm</b>

I'm only going by what was reference to the weight of the gold in the chest. Your right, troy weight used for gold is just less than an ounce and less than a pound. Using just pounds for the contents, the remaining weight would be the chest itself.

</div>
A troy ounce of gold is 31.103 grams to the troy ounce and 12 ounces to the troy lbs.
01-24-2014, 01:12 PM,
Two Trips?
2 trips. One by boat following the poem and one by car following his route to hide it.