Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
quote dump
08-28-2015, 08:47 AM,
quote dump
Here's a "dump" of FF quotes I have in a text file... I'm sure most people here have read them in one place or another, but it could be helpful to have them all in one place....

"nobody to my uncertain knowledge has analyzed one important possibility related to the winning solve."

" Many are giving serious thought to the clues in my poem, but only a few are in tight focus with a word that is key. "

The person who finds the treasure will have studied the poem over and over, and thought, and analyzed and moved with confidence. Nothing about it will be accidental. T. S. Eliot said:

We shall not cease from our exploration
And at the end of all our exploring
Will be to arrive where we started
And know the place for the first time

He felt like he was an architect writing the poem and each word is deliberate.
If a person reads the poem over and over again and deciphers the first few clues, he says they can find the treasure chest.

March 1st: “The treasure is hidden higher than 5000 feet above sea level.”
March 27th: “No need to dig up the old outhouses, the treasure is not associated with any structure.”
May 3rd: “The treasure is not in a graveyard.”
June 28th: “The treasure in not hidden in Idaho or Utah.”

It is not in Nevada.
It is more than 300 miles west of Toledo
It is at least 8.25 miles north of Santa Fe

“Many searchers have thought that warm waters halt at a dam because water being released through flues near the bottom of the dam is much colder than water on the surface of the lake. I have discussed around that subject with several people in the last few days and am concerned that not all searchers are aware of what has been said. So to level the playing field to give everyone an equal chance I will say now that WWWH is not related to any dam.” ff

‘There have been some who have been within 500 feet because they have told me where they have been. Others have figured the first two clues and went right past the treasure and didn’t know it.’

No one has given me the correct solve past the first two clues.f

“It seems logical to me that a deep thinking treasure searcher could use logic to determine an important clue to the location of the treasure. Is someone doing that now and I don’t know it? It’s not what they say on the blogs that may be significant, it’s what they whisper. f”

“Some searchers overrate the complexity of the search. Knowing about head pressures, foot pounds, acre feet, bible verses, Latin, cubic inches, icons, fonts, charts, graphs, formulas, curved lines, magnetic variation, codes, depth meters, riddles, drones or ciphers, will not assist anyone to the treasure location, although those things have been offered as positive solutions. Excellent research materials are TTOTC, Google Earth, and/or a good map.” f

you should start with the first clue and follow the others consecutively to the treasure. Hints in the book are not that organized.f

I knew from the beginning where to hide the treasure. It wasn’t until later that the clues were provided to find that spot. I don’t know “…that the poem will lead someone there,” as you asked, but the poem does provide everyone with that opportunity. f

------

elementsMr Fenn, in relation to the final resting place of the chest, which of the 4 natural elements (Earth, Wind, Water, Fire) would mostly compromise it resting? ~ James

I know what the question is. I don’t think earth can hurt it, under the right conditions wind might affect it, it’s probably already wet, and look at what fire did to the twin towers. Nature makes her own rules, James, so I try to not be absolute when talking about her.
----------

Would you want the person that finds your treasure to admire the place where it rests? Andrew

Well Andrew, I’m not sure “admire” is the right word but if we twist it a little maybe we can make it work. The word means approval or high regard. So it works. I sure feel that way or I would not have hidden it there. I like the way you think Andrew. f

Someone unfamiliar with your poem receives a message that says “meet me where warm waters halt, somewhere in the mountains north of Santa Fe”. Would they be able to work out where to go? If they can’t, would they need the whole poem, another stanza, or just a line or word to help them on their way? ~Phil Bayman

There are a few words in the poem that are not useful in finding the treasure Phil, but it is risky to discount any of them. You over simplify the clues. There are many places in the Rocky Mountains where warm waters halt, and nearly all of them are north of Santa Fe. Look at the big picture, there are no short cuts. f

Mr. Fenn, Is there any level of knowledge of US history that is required to properly interpret the clues in your poem. ~Steve R

No Steve R,
The only requirement is that you figure out what the clues mean. But a comprehensive knowledge of geography might help.
08-28-2015, 05:49 PM,
RE: quote dump
I would like to know where "aberrations around the edges" came from, and the context.
Thank you all very, very much-
Emmett
08-29-2015, 08:27 AM,
Emmett...I think the exact quote is..."the hints are in the aberrations at the edges"...There is a thread of this title from January 2014...Maybe Jason or another could source the original quote... Smile
08-29-2015, 09:31 AM,
(08-28-2015, 05:49 PM)emmett Wrote: I would like to know where "aberrations around the edges" came from, and the context.Thank you all very, very much-Emmett

Emmett, here is a link to A Gypsy's Kiss that refers to to an interview Forrest gave at the Moby Dickens bookstore. Towards the bottom of this page is a list of quotes from a video:

"Selected quotes, notes and commentary on Forrest Fenn’s Video at the Moby Dickens Book Shop in Taos, New Mexico on November 2, 2013 by Toby Younis."

https://agypsyskiss.wordpress.com/category/fenn-quotes/

“There are nine clues in the poem, but if you read the book (TTOTC), there are a couple…there are a couple of good hints and there are a couple of aberrations that live out on the edge.”
08-29-2015, 01:48 PM,
.many thanks guys- u can always count on the folks at chasechat-
Emmett
08-31-2015, 01:42 AM, (This post was last modified: 08-31-2015, 01:44 AM by WhatsinItsPocketses.)
A person posted on the Facebook Forrest Fenn Fans group regarding the chest: "Forrest said it was covered by a natural process so not seeing it does not prove it's not there." I've never come across that statement; has anyone read or hear Forrest Fenn say that?
08-31-2015, 11:08 AM,
Never seen that comment before.... And I know a lot of his quotes.
08-31-2015, 11:19 AM,
Thanks, Glock20