Not logged in. Login - Register

All new registrations need to be approved manually. After registration, mail me at tyblossom at aol dot com.
ChaseChat is available for Smartphones via Tapatalk, Download the app at http://tapatalk.com/m?id=4&referer=1048173. After installing CLICK HERE to add the forum to Tapatalk.

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
The home of Brown revisited.
08-02-2013, 04:36 PM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from tomwhat on August 8, 2013, 3:41 pm</b>

locolobo, I'm in total agreement. Each word is not just important, they are critical. There are so many different ways to say the exact same thing in the poem, but each word is chosen for a reason. Just adding a word or changing a verb tense would keep the poem in perfect meter or shore up the rhymes. Why is it the way it is? Because it has to be, or it doesn't work.
</div>

If you believe Mr. Fenn (like I do) when he says that all you need is the Poem to go confidently to the treasure, then it does follow that each word, combination of words, sentences and/or stanzas have deeper or multiple meanings to look at.

For example, the word "down" is used twice, both in Stanza 2 and Stanza 4. Is it there to rhyme with "Brown"; or for it's literal meaning; or to mean "downstream"; or to mean "south"; or individually as one of the 9 clues; or do you ignore one or both "downs"?

If you do as Mr. Fenn suggested, and read the Poem and Book numerous times, something will eventually jump out at you.

For me, any location solution must also meet the test of "reversal". Can I take that location and work it backwards including all the words/lines, etc. above it?
08-02-2013, 04:54 PM,
C.G.Knight - FF never said the treasure is not in Colorado! He stated - not in Nevada, Utah, & Idaho. Could be in Colorado, for sure.
08-02-2013, 05:16 PM,
C.G.Knight,

Good advice. I can't imagine making 33 trips like Dal or 25 like Stephanie specifically to look for the treasure and sure you really know where it is this time, but coming up empty each time. I think I'd be depressed and broke. I want to go searching as badly as anyone, but I limit it to my twice each year vacations when I am driving through the west anyway on the way to my property in Arizona. That way it doesn't cost me much extra to take a detour along the way and check out a site or two. And when I come up empty on the search, I still have a great vacation and return rested and relaxed, not disappointed.

You are not the first to think of Molly Brown. I had that thought too early on, and other people have too. I could never make the clues in the poem fit though.

mdavis19
08-02-2013, 05:20 PM,
http://youtu.be/SwnJtvBnzjY
08-02-2013, 06:48 PM,
CGK, I had that same reasoning about Brown and the whole state of Colorado a few months ago.

Now I think HOB means "pull out and park when the road crosses the river". I think trout like the shade of bridges and make them their home.
08-02-2013, 10:04 PM,
Smile
08-02-2013, 11:38 PM,
In fact when he was asked on the Today show if Colorado could be eliminated as well he said, " No"
08-03-2013, 04:06 AM,
Thanks for the info, Tom and Muset. I guess I was misinformed about Colorado. Thanks for the smile, Rick. Good luck searching to all.
08-03-2013, 09:18 AM,
What if HOB isn't even a clue?
08-03-2013, 09:37 AM,

<div class="bbcode_quote_head">Quote:
<b>Quote from jen on August 3, 2013, 10:18 am</b>

What if HOB isn't even a clue?
</div>
People do take much for granted don't they ?

Forrest has said there was 9 clues in poem.

So which ones to skip.

The answer is in an ancient egyptian saying.

I am not an ancient egyptian so I will only leave that clue.

Just saying !

Possibly Related Threads...
Thread Author Replies Views Last Post
  Home of Brown may never be found.. djjmciv 89 28,436 5 hours ago
Last Post: timebandit
  The Curse of the Chase revisited NTMI 9 669 09-12-2017, 06:28 PM
Last Post: RahRah
  Brown trout and the home of Brown Indy 8 941 08-16-2017, 06:46 PM
Last Post: fallingrock
  TEA WITH OLGA revisited NTMI 32 2,944 08-05-2017, 12:55 PM
Last Post: jdigginsz
  Home of Brown Festus 7 1,070 07-28-2017, 08:43 AM
Last Post: J Smith
  home of Moreno (Brown dirt) Valley Gordon Lightfoot 5 650 07-11-2017, 01:12 AM
Last Post: Gordon Lightfoot